4/25/09 Magic - First Visit To Tortola!

Okay one and all, these are the participants that I have who have joined the fish extender club:

DVC2themax: Paula, Kip, Casey #2070
Nascar8820: Lisa, Terry #2590
aznaphrodite: Rebecca, Chris #6094
Queen2: Sharon, Gloria #6130
CKCruising:Chris, Christine, Connor #6552
Bev, Janet #6554
wrabitdad: Bob, Dale #6582
trings: Diane, John, Josh, Justin #7010
LocustPoint: Mary, Tom #7568
lsutigger2: Tom, Janie #8040
ginia: Ginia, Jack, Isabelle, John Robert #8602
BubblesNH: DW, DH, DD, DS # ????
sandyrella1010: DW, DH #????

Is any info is not correct or someone/something needs to be added, just let me know.

I'm up for some 12 week dancing!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :dance3: party:

Sorry, aznaphrodite, I don't think we'll be dressing up for the Pirate Party. But is sounds like fun and I'm sure we'll participating.

...Anyone else spending some time before or after?...[[/

OH YEAH!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We booked three nights before the cruise, and one night after. We are going to visit 2 parks this time ( TICKETS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE FOR 6 OF US!!!) but like you, we will suck it up this year. We have always traveled down to Disney on some kind of special ( sometimes just upgrades on the tickets- free waterpark/hopper type thing) but this year ...NOTHING! We miss out on all the deals! Hoping for a room only discount for April. I received a 40% off pin code too, but April was not included!!!:crazy2:

We had originally booked a four day cruise with a week at DisneyWorld, but the 7 day cruise prices dropped and we couldn' resist.Couldn't change our flights , or else I would have loved to do about 5 or 6 days in the parks as well.

Okay one and all, these are the participants that I have who have joined the fish extender club:

DVC2themax: Paula, Kip, Casey #2070
CKCruising:Chris, Christine, Connor #6552
Bev, Janet #6554
trings: Diane, John, Josh, Justin #7010
ginia: Ginia, Jack, Isabelle, John Robert #8602
BubblesNH: DW, DH, DD, DS # ????

Is any info is not correct or someone/something needs to be added, just let me know.

I'm up for some 12 week dancing!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :dance3: party:

Sorry, aznaphrodite, I don't think we'll be dressing up for the Pirate Party. But is sounds like fun and I'm sure we'll participating.

Will you please put the childrens ages on the list. thank-you

Thanks for the update on the FE list.
Noticed you are missing our details. DH Jeff 40ish, myself Michelle 40ish, Amanda 10, Connor 5. We are a gty room so don't have cabin # yet. :confused3

We are staying 3 days before the trip. No WDW this time. We are going to relax one day and see Downtown Disney, Island of Adventure, we love coasters and Kennedy Space Center. We also have ressies at Emeril's Tschop Chop. :hyper: We always try to do Disney in 3 days as an add on and are exhausted. DH said no this time.:sad: Maybe I will sneak the kids in anyway.:rotfl:

We were thinking of going to WDW for a 2 nights as well because I thought I could only use my miles to leave Orlando on Monday. The ticket prices are expensive if you go for only 2 days! :( However, the airline changed the days I could use my miles and we could leave on Saturday after all. Decided to save the $$$ on other vacations. :)

We were thinking of going to WDW for a 2 nights as well because I thought I could only use my miles to leave Orlando on Monday. The ticket prices are expensive if you go for only 2 days! :( However, the airline changed the days I could use my miles and we could leave on Saturday after all. Decided to save the $$$ on other vacations. :)

Oh trust me.... I'm contemplating that all the time....

WDW and PC are a 9 hour drive for us so it makes for a good 4+ day vacation, but not too well for a normal weekend. Too much rush and turn-around. We have to plan around kids missing school so that adds to my confusion (although I know he's not really missing anything).

Quick question about fish extender gifts (trying to decide if I should join in)

Does everyone give gifts to each cabin? Also, can every gift be the same? I don't know about doing something different for everyone?

Also, can I just use a bag or something? I am not crafty at all.

FE quick recap, 2 camps, some are bringing gifts 1 per family and others 1 per person. I planned on 1 per person. Put gift in FE pocket that corresponds with person. Can drop off gift/gifts throughout week.
Lots of talk on FE list about people ripping down FE. Bring a Zip Tie to hold it on to Fish.
Many different ideas for gifts. I saw quite a list on FE string. Just a couple I can remember, notepads, pencils,highlighters,mints,gum,candy,antibacterial wipes, eye patch, magnets, something special from home state.
I'm currently making mine. I haven't sewn since 4H. Some basic directions on beginning of FE string. Also Tiffany on EBay will make you one. I think its under Mickey Mouse Pockets???
I got all same thing but different characters for different age groups/genders. I saw something at Container Store that had 6 pockets for $15 that I would have grabbed had I not already started mine. Some people said they have seen basket and small bags.:cheer2: Don't stress, we will have a list so know how many to leave at which rooms and can mark them for each individual if only 1 bag out.

R there any 11-13 year olds that r going on the cruise. i'm 11 myself and would like to meet you.:grouphug:Get back 2 me as soon as possible. See u in Ocean Quest.:thumbsup2
Sage:flower3:

I've added the ages of the children. And I do have this info on a spreadsheet if anyone would like a copy, let me know.

DVC2themax: Paula, Kip, Casey (15) #2070
CKCruising:Chris, Christine, Connor (4) #6552
Bev, Janet #6554
trings: Diane, John, Josh (14), Justin (11) #7010
ginia: Ginia, Jack, Isabelle (7), John Robert (5) #8602
BubblesNH: Michelle, Jeff, Amanda (10), Connor (5) # ????

rwrocksme: I think everyone participating is doing their own thing. No real 'rules'. It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. :thumbsup2
There are a couple of good threads on this board on what others have done.

I hope everyone has a great week. And that those of you in the frozen North start to thaw some. ::yes:: ::yes::

I've added the ages of the children. And I do have this info on a spreadsheet if anyone would like a copy, let me know.

DVC2themax: Paula, Kip, Casey (15) #2070
CKCruising:Chris, Christine, Connor (4) #6552
Bev, Janet #6554
trings: Diane, John, Josh (14), Justin (11) #7010
ginia: Ginia, Jack, Isabelle (7), John Robert (5) #8602
BubblesNH: Michelle, Jeff, Amanda (10), Connor (5) # ????

rwrocksme: I think everyone participating is doing their own thing. No real 'rules'. It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. :thumbsup2
There are a couple of good threads on this board on what others have done.

I hope everyone has a great week. And that those of you in the frozen North start to thaw some. ::yes:: ::yes::

Thank-you

Please my I have a spread sheet

Smreusch@aol.com

Even though we don't have rules for the fish extenders, I think it would be a good idea to keep in mind the time that you deliver your gifts so they don't sit in the FE's for too long and have a better chance of being stolen. :)

Also, are we going to meet? If we do the bracelets, that would be a good time to hand them out. It would be nice to meet briefly near the beginning of the cruise so we can recognize each other throughout the cruise!

I went through the thread and wrote down a list of who is joining us on the cruise :cheer2: (if I missed someone, please add your name)

seaulater - Linda
Trings - on the FE list
tiszbear - Jennifer and her mom
Kiera387 - Kendra & Casey
Shane23 - 12 people
Roveer - DW, DH, DD10, DD7, DS4, DD2, RM 8030
wrabitdad - on the FE list
megakat - DW, DH, DD16, DD12, RM 6582
lsutigger2 - on the FE list - celebrating birthday
scottrob - Bob & Penny
B&Bmom - DW, DH, DD12, DD10
amy2girls - 4 adults, DD9, DD7 - DH Birthday
dadlvsdisney - DW, DH, DD, DS
Queen2 - on the FE list
kirby1777 - celebrating anniversary
Ginia - Ginia, Jack, Belle7, John Robert5, RM 8602 - Belle Celebrating Birthday
CKCruising - on the FE List
nascar8820 - on the FE list
LocusPoint - on the FE list
son3disfan - DW, DH, 3 boys, MIL - DW celebrating birthday
sunburnin - DW, Rob, Adrian6, Kierra4
aznaphrodite - on the FE list
BubblesNH - on the FE list
sandyrella1010 - Sandy, DH

Please update for celebrations, adding your name, and room number.

[aznaphrodite, meeting would be a great idea and I like the idea of bracelets. We could meet at the port lobby. On our last cruise we all met in a quiet designated area of the ship. Later in the cruise we met after dinner for a group picture. :goodvibes ]

Thanks for compiling this! I updated our info (sunburnin):

Next? if I missed someone, please add your name.....

seaulater - Linda
Trings - on the FE list
tiszbear - Jennifer and her mom
Shane23 - 12 people
scottrob - Bob & Penny
Queen2 - on the FE list
sunburnin - Wendy, Rob, Aidan(6), Kierra (4) - RM 7064

Please update for celebrations, adding your name, and room number.

seaulater - Linda
Trings - on the FE list
tiszbear - Jennifer and her mom Linda, RM 7622
Shane23 - 12 people
scottrob - Bob & Penny
Queen2 - on the FE list
sunburnin - Wendy, Rob, Aidan(6), Kierra (4) - RM 7064

I updated my information.

Hi all -- I missed out on the weekend chatter - - it is funny, you miss a couple of days and lots gets talked about.
I noticed the fish extender list -- my name is Sandy and DH is Gary and we are room 7020.
So -- let me get this straight -- once I find a fish extender - because I won't be sewing one - - it gets hung up on the cabin door. I'm assuming it has pockets? We put our name on each pocket? Then what - - -sometime during the cruise we put a little gift in the pocket? Is this done anonymously? I'm trying to understand the process.

Also, I am willing to get the bracelets but I'm very disorganized - I would be willing to pair up with someone to keep a list of people from allears and then figure out where to meet in the port before the cruise. I Like to get on the ship as early as possible so hopefully we can take turns handing out the bracelets. We also need to decide on a color. If someone else would rather do this that's fine. I offered because it was a fun way to meet right before the cruise. We didn't wear the bracelets all week but within a day or two we started recognizing each other around the ship and it was fun to say hi.

I just noticed people were mentioning celebrations. Gary and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary belatedly. My birthday is the day before the ship leaves so we are celebrating that also.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter