4/25/09 Magic - First Visit To Tortola!

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR:hourglass in less than 24 hours.

Then we can say WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE THIS YEAR :yay: :yay:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Now that it is our year to cruise, let's all dance -

:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :banana: :cool1:

Thanks for the link with the info on Tortola. It gives me a better idea of what to look forward to!

I think we are under 100 days, double digits :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

Queen2, hate to disappoint you - with such nice dancing going on :rotfl: :rotfl:

but my counter says that we are 111 days away. So, not many more until we are in double digits!!

Keep on dancing and it will be here soon!

Queen2, hate to disappoint you - with such nice dancing going on :rotfl: :rotfl:

but my counter says that we are 111 days away. So, not many more until we are in double digits!!

Keep on dancing and it will be here soon!

I'm just pyshing everyone up. Pre double digit dance:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl:

Hi Everyone!:wave2:

Joining in!

Our first 7 day!!
Me :flower3: DH:upsidedow and 3 boys :rockband:

I'm turning 40 ( while at sea!!!)
Can't wait to see Tortola.

Welcome to boards. Hope you have a very Happy 40th Birthday while cruising.;)

Welcome to boards. Hope you have a very Happy 40th Birthday while cruising.;)

Thanks!

We will be cruising with my MIL too ( I forgot to add her to our smilies :lovestruc ). She has NEVER vacationed ANYWHERE before!! So we thought we'd bring her along as her health hasn't been the best lately! She needs a break!
She is pretty mobile , but has a sore back and alot of trouble with her feet ( she's 74). She can walk, but not on uneven ground, and not for too long
so we are having trouble picking some excursions.The Baths look beautiful but probably not doable with my MIL..... The boys love the beach, but I want to see some of the islands.

What is everyone planning on doing while in Tortola?

We are looking at the island drive / beach break and lunch, and possibly doing St. Thomas on our own ( beach and shopping).

Anyone care to share?

I also am wondering about a character breakfast on this cruise. Does anyone know if there will be one, and what day?

Thanks!

There is a character breakfast one morning - at least there was five years ago! That's about all I remember!!

The characters went to the tables and pictures were taken. And they danced arount. Pluto, Minnie, Mickey and maybe some others.

Sorry the details are so sketchy. Maybe a recent cruiser will chime in with more info for you!

Unfortunately my DH and I had to cancel the cruise. We ar eso sad but are still excited for our WDW trip in May. I will still keep the list for fish extender updates going. Hope you guys all have a great time.

Ginia (32) - 33 on Dec 24th,Jack (34), Isabelle (6) - 7 on Apr 20th her Birthday cruise ),John Robert (4) - 5 on Dec 15th: Cabin # 8602

CKCruising
- Chris (39), Christine, Connor (4): Cabin# 6552
-Bev (Mom-Gaggy), Janet (MIL-Gramma) (Both old enough to be my mother): Cabin#6554

Queen 2
Sharon (Grandmother age) Gloria (same as above): Cabin#6130

Nascar8820
Lisa and Terry: Cabin# 2590

DVC2themax
Paula (40), Kip (50) , Casey (15): Cabin# 2070

wrabitdad
Bob (DH) & Dale (DW): Cabin 6582

trings
Diane (41) John (43) Josh (14) Justin (11): Cabin 7010

Hi everyone, we are booked for the 4/25 cruise. There will be a total of 5 of us going on the trip, my spices, 11-year-old daughter, and 2 aunts. This will be are 7th Disney Magic cruise.

Sorry that folks are having to cancel. I know the feeling.

I'll be happy to keep up with the fish extender group, if morgy isn't able to do so. And I believe that there is an updated list in a later post because dh and I aren't on the list last posted.

Here is the last list published, minus the folks who have cancelled. If I took off anyone who is still going, please let us know and we'll put you back on. If anyone has recently joined the group and wants to get on the fish extender list, please post the info and we'll add you to the list.

Ginia (32) - 33 on Dec 24th,Jack (34), Isabelle (6) - 7 on Apr 20th her Birthday cruise ),John Robert (4) - 5 on Dec 15th: Cabin # 8602

CKCruising - Chris (39), Christine, Connor (4): Cabin# 6552
-Bev (Mom-Gaggy), Janet (MIL-Gramma) (Both old enough to be my mother): Cabin#6554

Queen 2 Sharon (Grandmother age) Gloria (same as above): Cabin#6130

Nascar8820 Lisa and Terry: Cabin# 2590

DVC2themax Paula (40), Kip (50) , Casey (15): Cabin# 2070

wrabitdad Bob (DH) & Dale (DW): Cabin #6582

trings Diane (41) John (43) Josh (14) Justin (11): Cabin #7010

lsutigger2 Tom (DH will be turning 50 on 4-27) and Janie: cabin #8040

LocustPoint Mary (44) & Tom (49): Cabin #7568

It is almost 100 days and counting :dance3: :dance3:

I'll ask here first and if no one knows then I'll ask on the other board:

I paid off the balance on our cruise :scared1: :scared1: and in yesterdays mail was our receipt. On it there is a sentence that says:

"Online Booking: Includes a non-refundable, non-transferable stateroom onboard credit."

No where on the receipt does it indicate how much or any other information. I did book the cruise online way back in February 2008.

So does that mean that we will have an onboard credit, or am I reading that the wrong way?????? Sure would be nice :banana: :banana:

Thanks all and have a great day!

I think.... with online booking you get a $25 OBC and if you used your disney VISA you get a $50 OBC!!!!:thumbsup2

We paid off ours yesterday aswell!

What is everyone thinking about excursions????? I think.... we are going to book one of the tortola excursions and play it by ear in St. Thomas- maybe take the ferry to St. John???

Don't forget we can book palos etc... on the 25th if paid off!:goodvibes

Thanks Amy2girls - I did use my Disney VISA so hopefully we'll get a little something extra.

DH and I have been looking at excursions but haven't decided yet. He is leaving to go overseas to work this week, so I know we'll make our decisions soon. We may do an island tour in St. Thomas. And we may do the X-BOB thing at Tortola. Looks like from the itinerary we have about 10 hours at Tortola :banana: . There may be time to do a little on-your-own thing and a group excursion.

I'm really getting excited about the trip :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter