4/2013 "The Plan" works (minus HS) and Hey guys - it's another Derp ride

Ready for our last park day - already:eek:
Before we left the room for breakfast, we did a line up of all the figures, stuffed animals and towel creations to keep the alligator company while we were gone.

DD really enjoyed sleeping on the fold down bed. She said it was a little hard, but better than sharing :lmao: Forgot to add that after three nights of freezing my head off when the air conditioner kicked in, I finally switched beds with DH and shared with DS closer to the bathroom. Finally got a good nights sleep (other than the occasional elbow and knee coming my way)
Here is a close-up of the towel guys

We had the yogurt parfait (needed more fruit imo) and some more breakfast platters. The kids did not like the buckwheat mickey waffles, so we made sure to get the regular ones this time. The coffee cake was particularly yummy, too. We never did get around to going for beignets at POFQ though we had wanted too. It was my turn to run the mugs back to the room, and I had a chance to take a couple pictures on my walk. I think they were some that I posted at the beginning.

After another reasonable wait for a bus, we arrived at Epcot. I headed straight for Test Track while the other 3 went to ride Soarin' (again, another ride I decided to skip due to the vertigo issues). DH said I probably could have ridden it, but better safe than miserable! I couldn't believe the people actually sprinting to TT! Later in the day I saw why - couldn't believe the lines and how far out the FP return times got!

While I was waiting for them to get done with Soarin, I took some pictures, chilled out on a bench to people watch and got a donut (crummy that the coffee kiosk was the only thing open for food and you couldn't use snack credits for anything but the drinks)

We rode TT standby, then grabbed another set of FP and used our first set. Our first ride, DD and I had a bum terminal, and we didn't get to design our car :( By that time the passes were out past noon. DS decided not to ride Mission Space, so he and I went to the exit area to play, while the other two went on the more intense side of the ride. The wait was shorter there too. DS and I sent a bunch of silly emails and we hung out there a little longer once the other two got off the ride.

We were getting a little hungry so we headed back to World Showcase since we didn't see anything we wanted to eat around us. We ended up doing another complete lap! We got some fish and chips in England, DD saw Alice in the tea garden, and DH and I had a "grown-up" Dole Whip.

We also did some more shopping in Japan, and went into some of the countries we passed by a few days before, like Morocco. We went through the Oz garden on our way back and then rode Figment (WAY different from what I remembered!), watched Captain EO (DS has become a big Michael Jackson fan for some reason), hit the Test Track again with our Fast Passes, did Nemo (kinda lame, but the effects of the cartoons swimming in the aquarium were cool) and Turtle Talk, and finished up with Spaceship Earth. (the rest not necessarily in that order - brain is getting fuzzy on the details) Turtle talk was fun. DS got called on, but he kind of froze when Crush didn't understand his name and started calling him a different name. We got some chuckles though. DD raised her hand to ask a question and got to talk to him too. Everyone really liked Spaceship Earth. Then it was time to start heading toward the Boardwalk for dinner. We didn't realize it was out the back end of the park, and started to go out toward the buses. Luckily we asked a CM at the gate and he put us straight. So back over the bridge again!

DS had a good eye and spotted this big guy as we were crossing the bridge:

Since we hadn't had a very big lunch and needed to use up some snack credits, we stopped for appetizers along the way at one of the F&G booths. There was a group of very drunk girls in front of us (it was only about quarter of 6 - guess they started drinking around the world early), so it took us quite awhile to get through the line. She had misspoke a word trying to say kumquat (just keep rhyming and I'm sure you will get there - luckily the kids had no idea what she was talking about) which sent her and companions into gales of laughter and made her unable to work her card. I swear it took her 5 tries. Of course she kept repeating the word over and over. Even her friends were getting a little embarrassed for her. It was amusing to watch the CM blush though. Eventually we made it through the line and had wonderful baked brie with KUMQUAT sauce, and a trio of trifles.
We had a little bit of time to kill when we got to the Boardwalk, and were really disappointed to see the arcade was even smaller than the one at POR! It's supposed to be the boardwalk for goodness sake - it should have a big arcade! I did some last minute shopping for the nieces. We had dinner at Kouzzina which we all enjoyed. The waiter was really great. I am allergic to sulfites (which means nothing made with wine for me) and he pointed out all the things on the menu I COULD have as opposed to all the ones I couldn't which I thought was nice. DH ordered the short ribs and said they were delicious. I had the Pastitsio (Greek lasagna) - yummy, but I thought a little heavy on the bechamel. DS threw down on some fisherman's stew. The waiter was impressed, it's pretty spicy. DD ordered off the kids menu, and we were all pleased to see there was a more grown up option than the mac & cheese and hot dogs. She had some nicely broiled and seasoned white fish of the day (tilapia I think?) with fingerling potatoes and green beans. The deserts were delicious as well. We had the baklava, loukomades (honeyed doughnut like things), cupcake and chocolate cake.

We started to wait at the bus stop to get back to POR via some other park or DTD, but after about 10 minutes decided that this was the time to splurge on a cab. It was going to take us well over an hour otherwise.

Derps of the day:

Our ME pick up time was 8:30am, so we headed over to breakfast around 7. We all got our own meal for a change since we had exactly 4 left. Back to the room to get the luggage and left our vacation home. :sad:

We had to wait a little while for a bus. There was one there, but for some reason we couldn't get on it and had to wait for a second one. No matter. We had a front row seat for the ride back to the airport, bought our lunch for the plane and flew home with no issues. We were even a little early getting in. We stopped on the way home to spring our coonhound from the kennel. :lovestruc She was happy to see us. She is a rescue, and we have had her about 2 years. This was the first time she was really excited to see us when we picked her up, so I guess we are officially her people now;)

All in all, a wonderful vacation we will always remember.

This wraps up the official trip report. I will go through a few of the photopass non-ride pictures and post some more, then call it done! Hope you have enjoyed reading, thanks for coming along!

Thanks for bringing us along!

When we are in the Boardwalk area, we take the boat to DHS and then just slip over to the bus area and get the bus back to our resort. We enjoy the boats and don't get too many opportunities to ride them. I'm sure this option takes longer than a cab, but it might be something to keep in mind for the future.

The first time we took the kids (when DS was 5) we got him the adult make your own pasta for dinner one night. He ate ALL of his plus half of his sister's! :faint:

Yeah, but that's a growing Moose after a day of walking :rotfl:

True, but what people may not realize is- there's over a POUND of pasta in ONE meal! I'm very scared for my food budget when he becomes a teenager!
:scared1:

Here are a few of my favorite photopass pictures. There are lots more great ones, especially of Jedi Training, but here you go!

One of the few pictures DD and I didn't have our hair up because of the heat

Grr

The only magic shot we managed to find:

Now don't we look refreshed? Much better than the before the meal shot would have been!

Monster's U topiary at Epcot

1900 Park Fare

Pluto!

Does it get any better than this if you are an 8 yr old boy?

When she got up, the Jedi said "Nice game face" :lmao:

Stopped to get one by myself:

At the fireworks dessert party:

With that - my trip report is officially complete! Thanks again :thumbsup2

Just got through your TR. Loved it! The pics were great and it really seemed like you hit the major stuff, along with BTMRR a few times! I love that ride too. Glad you had a great trip.

It was helpful to see the Murphy bed at POR. We are a family of 5 so we stay at POR but haven't been there since the renovations and was afraid my kids wouldn't fit on it. I have a 12 DS but he's on the short side so I think we will be ok. We love the POR food court too!

Thanks for the report.

It was helpful to see the Murphy bed at POR. We are a family of 5 so we stay at POR but haven't been there since the renovations and was afraid my kids wouldn't fit on it. I have a 12 DS but he's on the short side so I think we will be ok.

Don't know if you saw my post over on the POR board, but I put a picture of DD lying on the bed. I think she is about 57" right now.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48377905&postcount=3330

All in all, a wonderful vacation we will always remember.

This wraps up the official trip report. I will go through a few of the photopass non-ride pictures and post some more, then call it done! Hope you have enjoyed reading, thanks for coming along!

Great report! Thanks for taking the time to post all of that. Really enjoyed reading it! I'm glad y'all had a great vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter