4/14/2012 7-Nights Western Caribbean on the Fantasy

G'day everyone, we've just recently booked on this cruise. We were looking at the options on the Dream around this time, but a 7 night on the newly launched Fantasy seemed so much more inviting. We'll be coming off the back of a few days at Universal and 10 nights at WDW, so a relaxing 7 nights on this cruise will be a great way to finish our holiday.

There are 4 of us, my wife and myself, and my 2 daughters who will be 18 and 16. It will be our second cruise, having sailed a 7 night on the Magic in January 2010. We're looking forward to this and are keeping a close eye on the information on the ship as it is released. Will pop into the boards every now and then to keep across any updates.

:welcome:

We did a Western Caribbean that left January 9. It was freezing, and a brief light snow fell over Orlando the day we left, and the weather on the cruise was awful, but we still loved it! :cool1:

We're looking forward to some warmer weather on Castaway Cay on this trip. We are expecting hot humid days in Orlando, but that's OK, we're from the East Coast of Australia, it's hot and humid at least 3 months of the year.

I remember that!! We left the week after you & I remember someone posting a pic of the sailaway party of your cruise & people had winter coats & hats on.:scared1: I just remember thinking "oh, I hope it's warmer when we leave".

Yep that sounds about right. Also made for a fresh Pirate party on deck which from memory my wife and I left after the fireworks for the nearest bar.

Looking forward to this one though. We'll plan to enjoy the outside of the ship more. Although we're not sure what our 18 year old do with her time. She'll be too old for the teens club (although definitely tiny enough) but not old enough to enjoy the bars as such. In Australia she's the legal age but not there unfortunately. Also she's quite shy, but then she'll have plenty of time to sort herself out I'm sure. Does anyone know of anything that is organized for this age group?

Hello All:

We will be on this cruise. This will be our 19th cruise. So looking forward to be on the new ship. There will be 6 of us traveling.

Me - Kathy
DH - Jeff
DF - Kathy
DF - Bruce
SIL - Marlene
BIL - Brian

No children this trip.

disney-fantasy-cruise-ship-1018.jpg

GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,
BOYS AND GIRLS!
WE SET SAIL FOR OUR 2012 FANTASY CRUISE IN 42 WEEKS! THAT IS 294 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:

We are all getting so excited about this trip! The kids have started doing odd jobs to earn their spending money. The boys are painting pasture fences and Elizabeth is collecting soda cans to turn in for $$.

We will be doing the FE gifts (actually will be 2 cabins of us doing it). We'll do whatever is decided, but prefer not having it scheduled. It was so much fun never knowing if you'd have something waiting or not! Plus, we discovered that when we did our last one, that Chris and I had planned to deliver our gifts on one evening, but were so worn out from our dive excursion, that we ended up delaying a day. If it had been scheduled, we either would have not done it with the same spirit HAVING to do it on schedule while tired; or we would have still delayed the delivery, which would have left families thinking we either forgot or stuff got taken when nothing showed up on the scheduled day.

disney-fantasy-cruise-ship-1018.jpg

GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,
BOYS AND GIRLS!
WE SET SAIL FOR OUR 2012 FANTASY CRUISE IN 41 WEEKS! THAT IS 287 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:

Hi guys! I had been out for some times. A lot happened to us but we are still here a getting really excited about the cruise. We want to do the FE. It will be our first cruise so we need a little bit of help on the FE department.

Also my daughter will be 9yo for the cruise and she will love to meet some of the other kids. She is an only child and any opportunity to meet new kids is awesome for her.

Stamot
Absolutely! Hope all is well. Really starting to get excited. It would be great if we could get a few of the girls to meet.

We will be doing the FE gifts (actually will be 2 cabins of us doing it). We'll do whatever is decided, but prefer not having it scheduled. It was so much fun never knowing if you'd have something waiting or not! Plus, we discovered that when we did our last one, that Chris and I had planned to deliver our gifts on one evening, but were so worn out from our dive excursion, that we ended up delaying a day. If it had been scheduled, we either would have not done it with the same spirit HAVING to do it on schedule while tired; or we would have still delayed the delivery, which would have left families thinking we either forgot or stuff got taken when nothing showed up on the scheduled day.

I totally understand not having a schedule while on vacation. :cool2: My schedule will revolve around meals!! :rolleyes1
The FE we participated in had scheduled days. This way, we were guaranteed at least one gift per day. It was nice to find a surprise everyday.:yay: If there are those that don't mind having their delivery date scheduled, I think you should inform the coordinator (DisneyMomforLife). The group should be able to accommodate a mix of assigned and non-assigned delivery days. :thumbsup2 I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from participating. I am just concerned with trying to deliver a gift to an FE that is full.
any other thoughts....:confused3

FYI....anyone holding out for JetBlue, they released their fares today. :thumbsup2

oh yeah... who said jetblue is a discount airline?? $518 one way on the 21st!!!
we would have been better off purchasing airfare through the cruise line, if you had that option.

I got MCO to BDL on Jet Blue for $124/person the the 22nd. We'll stay at WDW the extra night for the difference in price between the 21st and 22nd. Of course I went back to check right after I booked and it had jumped $15 / person after 20 minutes! Gotta love spring break fares!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter