• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3rd party ticket already on MDE

ajwilhorn

Mouseketeer
So I had bought 3 date specific tickets through Tickets at Work for a summer trip coming up that I already have linked up to my MDE account. If I'm looking to try and modify those now does anyone know if I would go through T@W since I purchased through them or Disney since I have them linked now on MDE?

Thank you.

Somewhat of a similar situation. I bought tickets through undercover tourist. We have a july trip planned but are thinking about pushing it out to August. I contacted WDW and was told that i would have to contact UT to see what my options are.

Somewhat of a similar situation. I bought tickets through undercover tourist. We have a July trip planned but are thinking about pushing it out to August. I contacted WDW and was told that i would have to contact UT to see what my options are.
Same here. Our trip is scheduled for July 10-19. We have E tickets through Undercover Tourist that are already linked to MDE. I would like to cancel, or at the very least move the date of the trip to August. I haven't called UT yet.

I bought tickets for May through Boardwalk Ticketing. They told me that I could just move the tickets to new dates in August and I could do it on MDE. I may also have the option of getting my money back, but I have to wait until the first date of tickets and if Disney is still closed, then Boardwalk Ticketing said I should call them and they would call Disney to arrange for a refund.

Same here. Our trip is scheduled for July 10-19. We have E tickets through Undercover Tourist that are already linked to MDE. I would like to cancel, or at the very least move the date of the trip to August. I haven't called UT yet.

Below is the response I received from UT. #4 is our situation. So it does look like we can change the dates.

Hello!
We are happy to help you! We apologize for any delay due to the many unprecedented COVID-19 closures. Here are some FAQs that may answer your question:
1) My start date is impacted by the current closures. How do I change my Walt Disney World start date?
• If your start date is impacted by the current closures, your ticket usage window will automatically be extended. You do not need to do anything!
• You will log into ‘My Disney Experience’ to book your FastPass+ reservations 30 days in advance (60 days if you are staying on-site) of each day of your theme park visit.
2) I don’t see the ability to change my start date in My Disney Experience.
• If your date has been impacted by the closures, you DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR START DATE. It either has or will be changed automatically for you. Please check back at a later time, if you do not see your ticket updated yet. Due to overwhelming demand, there may be some delays.
• If your date has been impacted by the closures, you will keep your CURRENT ticket to use for any start date prior to December 15, 2020. The current usage window will still apply (e.g. 3 days of valid admission within a 5 day window. Please see your ticket for details.) You will simply show up at the park with your existing ticket and do no need to do anything else.
• In order to book FastPass+ reservations, you will simply log into ‘My Disney Experience’ 30 days in advance (60 days if you are staying on-site) of each day of your theme park visit and select from the available FastPass+ choices.
• For example, your original ticket was valid for 3 days between March 20 - March 25, 2020. Your ticket is NOW valid for any start date prior to December 15, 2020. You will still have 3 days of admission to use within a 5 day window, after your first park visit. If you now plan to arrive on September 1, 2020, you will log into My Disney Experience on August 1, 2020 to book your FastPass+ reservations for September 1. You will log into My Disney Experience on August 2, 2020 to book your FastPass+ reservations for September 2, 2020, etc.
3) My start date is in April, May or June. Should I change my start date?
• YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING YET. When necessary, we will be here to help you!
• If your start date is impacted by the closures, you do not need to do anything! Your start date will automatically be updated and valid for any start date prior to December 15, 2020.
• If you would still like to change your start date, please see our step by step help in 4) below.
4) My start date is NOT impacted by the current closures, but I would like to change it.
• Due to the overwhelming demand right now, there may be some delay or ‘hiccups’ in the ability to change your future start date. Please check back at a later time!
• Sign in to 'My Disney Experience' at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/ on a computer. (We do not recommend using your phone or the app.)
• Mouse over the MyDisneyExperience tab on the top right of the page under the search bar, and in the dropdown, select "My Plans".
• Once there, scroll down under "Your Name's Plans, Reservations & Tickets".
• To the left, you will see a tab called "Tickets & Memory Maker" - click on that, and you should see each of your linked tickets.
• There will be a blue hyperlink by each ticket saying "Change Ticket" - under this, you will be able to change your start dates!

5) How do I link my Walt Disney World tickets and book my FastPass+ reservations?
• Sign in to 'My Disney Experience' at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/ on a computer. (We do not recommend using your phone or the app.)
• Click the green "Get Started" button that comes up once you are logged in.
• Scroll down under "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets", and click on "+Add more plans". From that dropdown menu, choose "Link Reservations and Purchases".
• Under the Ticket box, click "Select".
• On the next page, you will enter the 12 digit alphanumeric code that is your ticket number, in all capitals. If you received E-tickets, make sure you use the code under the barcode or the Reservation Number. If you received Physical Tickets, you can scratch off the silver sticker in the bottom right of the ticket, and then that will reveal the ticket number you need to link.
• Once this is done, click the green "Next" button in the bottom right and then you can assign your tickets and start making your FastPass+ reservations! Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of check-in for their entire length of stay (up to 14 days), while guests staying off-site can make reservations up to 30 days in advance of each day of their theme park visit.
6) I can no longer go to Walt Disney World and would like a refund.
· As a reminder, your Walt Disney World tickets never lose their value. If you cannot visit before December 15, 2020, you may still apply the full gate value of your ticket toward a new ticket purchase through My Disney Experience.
· We understand some circumstances still require a refund and we can help you. Please reply back to this email with your Order # XXXXXX-XXXXXX and the First and Last Name on your order. You will get to keep 95% of the order value and we will continue to service other customers. Due to our current high volume, your refund may take up to 14 days for processing. We will add it to the list and get it processed for you. You do not need to do anything else!
If this still does not answer your question, please reply back to this email with your Order # XXXXXX-XXXXXX and First and Last Name on the order, along with the specifics of your request.

Sadly, we moved our vacation from Memorial Day week to December 26. I bought our tickets through UT. I tried the #4 option, like UT told me to do. There was an error. It turns out that I have to pay more money because of the time of year. I'm so frustrated. All I want is to take my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary and introduce WDW to my 5 year old. Any suggestions?

I tried to move my UT E-tickets that are linked in MDE, from July to August dates, and I received an error message. I could not change the date online. I guess I will have to call UT at some point. Bummer.

Sadly, we moved our vacation from Memorial Day week to December 26. I bought our tickets through UT. I tried the #4 option, like UT told me to do. There was an error. It turns out that I have to pay more money because of the time of year. I'm so frustrated. All I want is to take my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary and introduce WDW to my 5 year old. Any suggestions?

Disney is only extending the dates of date-based tickets to December 15, 2020 without charge (as long as you wait for them to extend it in MDE automatically).

So, your option will fall under #6

6) I can no longer go to Walt Disney World and would like a refund.
· As a reminder, your Walt Disney World tickets never lose their value. If you cannot visit before December 15, 2020, you may still apply the full gate value of your ticket toward a new ticket purchase through My Disney Experience.

I tried to move my UT E-tickets that are linked in MDE, from July to August dates, and I received an error message. I could not change the date online. I guess I will have to call UT at some point. Bummer.
Try again another day. I had the same issue - kept getting error messages all weekend. Tried again Monday and it finally gave me the option to change.

December 26 is the premium Christmas to New Year's season, so it is significantly more expensive. This is why the extension of start dates only goes through December 15. So, if you want to reschedule your trip with no increase in cost, your start date will need to be December 15 or earlier. If you want a start date after December 15, you'll need to pay more money to make up the difference.

They kind of have to do this, otherwise people would just book for a cheaper time and then move the start date to Christmas and side-step paying the premium price for visiting during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter