3rd Disney Trip feat. 2 Louisiana Cajuns - July 23- 30th!

abordelon

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My name is Alicia, and my DH and I are preparing for our trip to the World in 39 days (almost 38)! We are both filled with anticipation and excitement:yay:

Vacation dates: July 23rd - 30th at the fabulous WL
Cast : Me: Alicia (30)
DH: Craig (29)

We are from the great state of Louisiana, where we are both hardcore LSU Tiger football fans. We were finally able to score season passes after being on a 2 year waiting list. I am a 4th grade teacher who is experiencing her first summer vacation! I have been teaching for 6 years, and I have taught summer school each year. I was starting to feel burnt out, so I took a break :scared1: A much needed break! My husband is a supervisor at a local manufacturing company and a contractor on the side. We do not have any children, just a fantastic, loyal lab named Socks.

I am posting a pre-trip report in order to become more organized for our 3rd trip. We have had 2 prior trips that were magical and more fun than we ever could imagine. In 2005, we stayed at the ASMu, and last summer POFQ was our resort of choice. I cannot wait to stay at WL this time:goodvibes

I am also one of our high school cheerleading coaches. Our squad is currently raising funds so we can take them to WDW during Easter break. That's a free trip for my husband and me! But we are working our butts off to take these girls there. I teach at low socio-eco school, and these kids would never get to go on their own. They are so excited :cheer2:

I will be back shortly with pictures and notes from my shopping trips and tentative schedules. I have made all my ADRs and will share them with you ASAP.

Thanks for reading!

We started planning our trip in Jan. right after New Year's. Our flights were booked thru Continental on 1-8-07. We got good rates - roundtrip airfare for the both of us was $380. Our plane will depart from Alexandria International Airport at 6:45a.m. We have to connect in Houston since there are no direct flights. Our plane should arrive in Orlando at 12:45 p.m. We opted to use Magical Express again. The service we had last year was great, so we chose to use ME instead of a car service.

I am getting so excited just thinking about arriving at the WL on 7-23:yay:!
We went shopping at the Disney Store in Baton Rouge last weekend. I got 2 cute skirts to wear to dinner at Ohana's. I'll have to pick from a light blue skirt with a hula dancing Minnie pattern, or a white skirt trimmed with several Disney characters in various beach scenes. Decisions, decisions! If I wear the blue skirt to Ohana's, I think the white skirt is dressy enough to wear to Cirque. I will post photos of everything I bought when photobucket starts working again. Let me know what you think. They also had TIKI t-shirts on sale for $5 a piece. I picked up a couple for me and DH. DH also got some comfortable flip-flops that are so soft. I recently convinced him to try Crocs. He bought a "manly" looking pair that are army green with an orange strap. Later, we went to Super Target for travel size toiletries.

Here is a picture of the blue Minnie skirt:

abordelon

I am having trouble with my photbucket album. It's been like this all day. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the rest of the pictures.

Here are some pictures of the clothes we bought at the Disney Store. That store is nothing like it used to be. There is hardly anything to choose from.

100_0684.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0679.jpg

I love the white skirt..super cute! I am short so long skirts look weird on me.

If you want to edit down the size of your pics just click on edit and then resize. You can select the webpage size or something similar. :thumbsup2

After we left the Dis store, we managed to find a Super Target. I love Target! I would much rather go there than Wal-Mart. Our Target is super quick, and way less crowded. We bought some essentials:
hand wipes, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, 1st Aid kit, bodywash snd poofs, cotton swabs, laundry d and fabric softener sheets, deo. DH still has to get his toiletries. I saw some people post their photos of vacation essentials, so I will, too. Hope it's not cheesy!:confused: :scared1:

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z254/abordelon/?action=view&current=100_0685.jpg

I love the white skirt..super cute! I am short so long skirts look weird on me.

If you want to edit down the size of your pics just click on edit and then resize. You can select the webpage size or something similar. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I have been trying, but I am having trouble with Photobucket today. It does not want to do anything I tell it to do! My albums are screwed up. I will try again next time.

Thanks for your comment about the skirt. I am only 5'5. The white skirt hits below the knee, and the blue one is mid calf.

Well, there will be more shopping to come. Today, I finished all my ADRs. Here is the schedule of events:

7-23 Le Cellier (dinner)
7-24 Chef Mickey's (dinner)
7-25 open
7-26 Crystal Palace (breakfast)
7/27 Ohana's (dinner)
7/28 Rainforest Cafe (dinner - I do not particularly care for this place. Going b/c DH likes it)
7/29 Boma (dinner)

Give me your feedback. Besides RC, I chose places we haven't dined at on previous trips. We are not on a dining plan because we do not eat that much. We usually bring our breakfast, poptarts, Special K bites, etc. and get something light when we start to get hungry. We always go in the summer, and we just don't feel like eating much when it's that hot. We try to treat ourselves to a good sitdown dinner each evening. If you have had any bad experiences at any of these places, please let me know. I will talk more about counter service choices when I list the temporary IT next.

Bye!

Thanks. I have been trying, but I am having trouble with Photobucket today. It does not want to do anything I tell it to do! My albums are screwed up. I will try again next time.

Thanks for your comment about the skirt. I am only 5'5. The white skirt hits below the knee, and the blue one is mid calf.
That sounds like a great length..I thought it would be down to your ankles!! Maybe I will look for one up here :idea:

Well, there will be more shopping to come. Today, I finished all my ADRs. Here is the schedule of events:

7-23 Le Cellier (dinner)
7-24 Chef Mickey's (dinner)
7-25 open
7-26 Crystal Palace (breakfast)
7/27 Ohana's (dinner)
7/28 Rainforest Cafe (dinner - I do not particularly care for this place. Going b/c DH likes it)
7/29 Boma (dinner)

Give me your feedback. Besides RC, I chose places we haven't dined at on previous trips. We are not on a dining plan because we do not eat that much. We usually bring our breakfast, poptarts, Special K bites, etc. and get something light when we start to get hungry. We always go in the summer, and we just don't feel like eating much when it's that hot. We try to treat ourselves to a good sitdown dinner each evening. If you have had any bad experiences at any of these places, please let me know. I will talk more about counter service choices when I list the temporary IT next.

Bye!

I have been to CP for breakfast..very good but I like CM's a bit more. Ohanas is our fav. dinner place..we always go there our first night. Sounds like you have some great meals planned!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter