• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3d disney maps in google earth not working

elmpark

Earning My Ears
Hi all - id like to show kids the 3d shots of disney on google earth - but can't get it loaded.

have downloaded the layer so I can see the mouse ears, and have 3d buildings checked.

but when i click on show disney world in 3d button it loads a blank page and just sits there - have left it running for a couple of hours, and have tried many times on different pcs - have fast broadband (36 meg approx) - been online but can't find a reason.

have also loaded a browser plug in as the blank age it throws up may be google earth trying to laod in a browser window? it offers me the option to 'view in google chrome' on a button (that does nothing!) or return to google earth which brings me back to the view of all the mouse ears.

now I know the general 3d modelling is working as I can see other 3d builds around the earth (including one or two in disney as a matter of fact?)

any ideas guys?

I couldn't get 3d building on my new iPad the other day and assumed it was just the iPad app. But after your post, I just tried my laptop, and like you, I can't get the WDW 3D buildings now. It used to work fine.

Interestingly, the DLP 3D buildings still work. I just wonder whether Disney has asked Google to remove them. I was using the 3D view to get oriented for the parks.

Just found a post on the Google Earth forums that says the 3D buildings were removed at Disney's request. I suspect they are being updated due to changes in the parks (e.g. new Fantasyland).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter