• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3BR at OKW, 7 months...any hope?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We are taking the whole family (hopefully) to WDW in June of 2021, right at the end of Dream season. I need a 3BR for this (8 adults, a 4 year old and a 2 year old). I have enough points with banking and borrowing for 6 nights at SSR (our home), not preferred view. If I can get into OKW I can get a week. Any hope? I am going to book SSR and then hope for the best.

What do you call dream season? The 2021 points now have 7 season in place of the 5 we have had since day 1 in 1991.

We are leaving June 11. Season 3 on the new charts, I believe. I can afford 6 nights in a standard view 3BR at SSR, or a savannah view at AKV. Could do a whole week in a 3BR at OKW. I have 502 points to use. I don't mind SSR but we have only ever stayed there in preferred, and I know OKW is bigger. If we are going to be off the beaten path might as well have an extra day.
Or is there hope for AKV? How busy are the 3 BRs there?

Last edited:
I am wait listed for a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at OKW at the moment for our June vacation. We own at Wilderness Lodge. I tried to make reservations first thing in the morning 7 months out but they were all booked. However, every year is different. I booked two studios and one one-bedroom near the HH, so we know we are going, just not sure if we will all be together. Fingers crossed...I will report back if it comes through or not.

If you have some flexibility in when the 7 days are in the first 10 days of June I think you have a good chance of putting it together Even now there are 4 days of those open at 3 months out.

OKW GVs are a lot of fun with extended families.

AKV can be rough, particularly Jambo.

OKW GVs are popular due to the points cost. They are cheap by GV standards.

Well I made a mistake and mentioned AKV to my oldest (the one with the kids) and she likes that idea. Oh well. I did tell her we would have SSR for sure. I have only stayed at AKV once and it was Kidani, so I'm not particular about which one.
We would have flexibility with dates. I wanted to check out the 11th because my last day of teaching is the 28th of May that would give me some days to get everything together--and avoid memorial day!

Kidani savanna view GV's have typically been open at 7 months out for any time in June (and even the two lower-cost standard view GVs have often been open during that time). What I do not know is whether that will continue to hold up in 2021 and after, when May 1 to June 10 becomes cheaper point-wise to book, and even the rest of June a little cheaper. Jambo GVs have typically been more difficult for June in the past and that will likely remain true for 2021 and after.

I got the OKW grand villa at seven months for a June trip. Just gave it up last week due to covid 19 concerns and not wanting all those points tied up on one room. I suppose I made someone’s day as it was picked up instantly.

I got the OKW grand villa at seven months for a June trip. Just gave it up last week due to covid 19 concerns and not wanting all those points tied up on one room. I suppose I made someone’s day as it was picked up instantly.
Wow, did you really? I have a trip booked June 18-24 at BWI club level (saving our points for that 2021 trip LOL) and I am hoping it has blown over by then--100 days out!

Wow, did you really? I have a trip booked June 18-24 at BWI club level (saving our points for that 2021 trip LOL) and I am hoping it has blown over by then--100 days out!
I did. I’ve rebooked, but divided us into a studio and one bedroom. Allowed me the ability to bank some points and cancel either room or both if it comes to that. Wanted to keep my options open. I was really sad as this June trip is two years in the making—with my family and my best friend’s family. Pretty sure my friend isn’t coming.

When looking at DVC availability websites, it seems as though the OKW 3 bedroom is MUCH harder to book at 7 months than AKV (due to the lowest by far grand villa point cost on property being OKW).

I have been checking frequently as I try to decide which home resort would make the most sense for our family. AKV Grand Villas are almost ALWAYS fully available at 7 months. OKW - almost never.

When looking at DVC availability websites, it seems as though the OKW 3 bedroom is MUCH harder to book at 7 months than AKV (due to the lowest by far grand villa point cost on property being OKW).

I have been checking frequently as I try to decide which home resort would make the most sense for our family. AKV Grand Villas are almost ALWAYS fully available at 7 months. OKW - almost never.
OKW has the better location.

In June 2011, we had seven nights in an OKW GV. I had enough OKW points to book six nights and had to book the last night at seven months out. I called (no online booking back then) right when MS opened and got the last night. I had a combination of banked, borrowed, current and transferred points to book those seven nights. It was June 1 through 8.

In June 2011, we had seven nights in an OKW GV. I had enough OKW points to book six nights and had to book the last night at seven months out. I called (no online booking back then) right when MS opened and got the last night. I had a combination of banked, borrowed, current and transferred points to book those seven nights. It was June 1 through 8.
That's great! Hopefully I can get that one or AKV. Not that I don't like SSR, but with my luck we'd get the section without a pool and we need that for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter