-38 degrees again?? Goodbye Alaska…Hello Disney! January 2009 (Updated 4/17)

So that meant they were directly behind us in the line. Now, I’ve been reading the DIS for a long time, and I’ve actually encountered Brazilian tour groups on earlier trips. But I had not heard the chanting before. They started chanting right behind us in line. It was loud. It was obnoxious. The most annoying thing is, the leader, who was not much older than the kids himself, was leading the chanting. The people in line were getting pretty annoyed. Finally, a cast member came over and told them they had to stop chanting. Other people in line actually clapped.

Here's a link to a video of them chanting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAtKHn88Xw

”

In the times we've been we have seen the groups but never the chanting either. My DD3 just saw the video with me and she asked if they were having a parade? LOL :goodvibes

Tim

Day 8: “Super Bowl Sunday…was it crowded?”

amaing photos again...i LOVE the big kitty photo!!!

i'm also a fan of the royal anandapur cart, where my fave rave is the chai freeze...really perfect for those very hot days.

Day 9: “Man, we need a day off…”

*Sorry for the delay with the trip report. I have an important job that is very demanding…that of ‘chauffeur’ for my children. :rotfl2: Since my son is now playing dual sports of both baseball and track, I rarely am out of my minvan.
:car:

This is going to be a much shorter day to report, because we actually did take a day off. Well, kind of.

“Princess,” being the typical teenager she is, really wanted a day of internet to talk with her friends back home. She’s been pretty tolerant this trip with doing what others wants, so I thought this to be a reasonable request. Besides, it was cold and rainy all day.

So after we lounged around for awhile, checking emails and watching Disney t.v., the rest of us were getting a little antsy. We decided we would head over to Epcot and do all the quieter (i.e., boring) things “Princess” would have no interest in.

“Sweetness” and “Mr. Energy” put on their ponchos, and away we went.

610640x480.jpg

614640x480.jpg

We spent some time at Innoventions. The kids did the “be in your own video” thing again, were part of show on velcro (?)

611_filtered640x480-1.jpg

and they did the “Where’s the Fire?”

DSCF7069640x480.jpg

We road Soarin’ and went on Spaceship Earth yet again.

829_filtered640x480.jpg

For lunch, “Sweetness” and I shared a ham and cheese quiche from the bakery in France,

DSCF7093640x480.jpg

while “Mr. Energy” had really wanted to try the fish and chips.

The rain hadn’t let up, so we rode the bus back to Pop Century, and we just relaxed. We ordered a pizza from the food court, and watched t.v. It was a very relaxing and much needed day of rest. We went to bed early, ready to hit Disney Studios in the morning.

Day 10: “Now THIS is what it’s all about!”

Sounds like a very relaxing day. We would have loved to stay in our room on our last trip for a little while, but the kids kept us running every day for 9 days straight!

Rest at Disney? I didn't know that was possible. We never stay long enough for rest. I feel like we have to go all day to be able to do the things we want to do. I am glad you got to rest though.

Day 10: “Now THIS is what it’s all about!” (part 1)

After a nice relaxing day yesterday, we are ready to hit Disney Studios today. It is “Sweetness” favorite park. We get up bright and early, and get to the park at opening. We go straight to Toy Story Mania, and get Fastpasses.

636_filtered640x480.jpg

We then ride the attraction, and when we come out, it is time for our Fastpasses, so we ride again!

623_filtered640x480.jpg

We then got Fastpasses for a third ride later that afternoon.

We rode Rock-n-Roller Coaster. “Sweetness” got some drumsticks as a souvenir for her brother at home in college, since he wore out his first pair playing Rock Band. :rotfl2:

We then went on the “Great Movie Ride.” I have officially lost count of how many times we’ve been on the ride this trip. For “Sweetness,” it is never enough.

631_filtered640x480.jpg

632_filtered640x480.jpg

Very low crowds again…and a gorgeous day.

DSCF7144640x480.jpg

We proceeded to one of my favorite attractions, and amazingly, one of “Mr. Energy’s” as well…”One Man’s Dream.” Now...this is what it's all about.

603_filtered640x480.jpg

We spent a long time in here. I think this is such a treasure. It really makes you appreciate all that Walt Disney envisioned, and really makes the trip much more meaningful. “Princess” was a tad bit bored, but she was a real trooper, and let the rest of us really take our time exploring. “Mr. Energy” is just that…full of energy. But he has this insatiable curiosity of how thing work. He is especially enamored with how Disney rides work. He has watched the History Channel DVD on Disney over and over, and really is fascinated by how animatronics work, and how they make certain rides. One day, I hope he can have lunch with an Imaginear. He’d love it!

Walt Disney's desk & office:

638_filtered640x480.jpg

An Imaginears desk:

DSCF7148640x480.jpg

Original Mickey Mouse club memorabilia:

639_filtered640x480.jpg

Model of Adventureland:

DSCF7155640x480.jpg

Animatronic Abraham Lincoln:

641_filtered640x480.jpg

640_filtered640x480.jpg

DSCF7166640x480.jpg

DSCF7167640x480.jpg

Mr. Energy was just fascinated with this!

Model of Tokyo Disney:

DSCF7162640x480.jpg

Model of Tower of Terror: (I love "Princess's" reflection in the glass pondering this...this is one of her favorite rides)

DSCF7169640x480.jpg

A model of the track for Peter Pan:

DSCF7170640x480.jpg

We then headed over for lunch at the Backlot Express. While we were eating, we were fortunate enough to be able to see the High School Musical 3 Show.

DSCF7173640x480.jpg

“Princess” then was a real trooper again, and endured the “Lights, Motors…Action!” show for “Mr. Energy’s” sake. It isn’t her favorite show. But he loves it. Unfortunately, he was looking the most forward to seeing the guy get on fire, and then getting put out. But it malfunctioned this time around. Bummer.

642_filtered640x480.jpg

644_filtered640x480.jpg

653_filtered640x480.jpg

We then went on “Star Tours” and then over to the “Jedi Training Academy.” We had never seen this before. We had no idea of the attempts people will go to in order to get picked for the show. One lady said they had come to every show that day. Finally, her son got picked. She was so relieved they didn’t have to try anymore. In another family, one girl got picked, but not the brother. He ran off in tears. We just enjoyed the Jedi Trainer so much. He was so funny! Really, really funny!

659_filtered640x480.jpg

665_filtered640x480.jpg

664_filtered640x480.jpg

Day 10: “Now THIS is what it’s all about!” (part 2)

Following this, we headed over to watch the “Block Party Bash."

606_filtered640x480.jpg

Now, I wouldn’t necessarily say that I didn’t like it, but I didn’t quite get it. I didn’t at first get the concept of it just stopping and being a block party, instead of a typical parade. It was…interesting.

598_filtered640x480.jpg

597_filtered640x480.jpg

672_filtered640x480.jpg

“Sweetness” and “Mr. Energy” got to dance a bit.

674_filtered640x480.jpg

Those performers in the parade worked really hard.

DSCF7255640x480.jpg

We then headed over to the “Beauty and the Beast” show. We had seen a lot of shows, and weren’t sure we would make it time-wise, but we got there just as it was about to start. The theatre was full, and so we couldn’t sit up front like we usually do. We were in the second to last row (of people, that is….the theatre wasn’t completely full) so I was pleased to get some decent pictures being so far away. I love this show!

680_filtered640x480.jpg

689_filtered640x480.jpg

686_filtered640x480.jpg

693_filtered640x480.jpg

694_filtered640x480.jpg

699_filtered640x480.jpg

703_filtered640x480.jpg

707_filtered640x480.jpg

718_filtered640x480.jpg

715_filtered640x480.jpg

After this, it was time for our 3rd “Toy Story Mania” ride. Then we headed over to meet Prince Caspian. Okay, his he was pretty cool, and his accent was awesome. But the wig…well, it looked like the kind “Princess” had to wear when she was a party boy in the Nutcracker.

719_filtered640x480.jpg

Next up was “Voyage of the Little Mermaid” show. We walked in right at the end, so went right into the theatre. The first row had just enough seats left for us, so that was cool!

602_filtered640x480.jpg

600_filtered640x480.jpg

After this, we went to the “Animation Academy.” That was fun. The kids got to meet Sorcerer Mickey,

726_filtered640x480.jpg

Goofy,

728_filtered640x480.jpg

and Mary Poppins.

730_filtered640x480.jpg

On our way out, we watched another showing of “American Idol,” which has become one of Princesses favorite shows.

I guess the day of relaxing the day before gave us a lot of energy, because after the park closed, we went over to Downtown Disney and had dinner at the Earl of Sandwich. Since we were there, we decided we may as well get a couple of hot fudge sundaes at Ghirardelli! Mmm! We also picked up some cute Mickey Mouse gloves because it is cold out.

Next Day: Day 11 – Animal Kingdom at night

Sounds like a great day so far.

My DS got picked for the Jedi Training Academy just last month. We also went to every show of the day and he finally got picked for the last show. For us it was worth it because it was really the highlight of our vacation for him and tons of memories! We had the same Jeni Master and he was so funny for us as well!

Sounds like a great day so far.

My DS got picked for the Jedi Training Academy just last month. We also went to every show of the day and he finally got picked for the last show. For us it was worth it because it was really the highlight of our vacation for him and tons of memories! We had the same Jeni Master and he was so funny for us as well!

Wasn't that Jedi Master the greatest? I was laughing so hard the entire show! I bet your son really had a good time. I'm glad he finally got picked for the last show. Did you get some good pictures? I think that's neat they make it so special for the kids. (I'm glad we really didn't know about it ahead of time, or I'm sure my son would have wanted to get picked too.)

Great update blestmom! My nephews were so disappointed that they didn't get to be picked for the Jedi Training Academy. The next day though they were selected to participate in the Pirate show outside of POC, so that made up for it.:) Thank goodness, or I'm sure I would have had to hear about the unfairness of it from my sis-in-law for the rest of the trip.;)

I'm lovin' your trip report and photos. Oh, and I'm still drooling over that ham and cheese croissant from a few pages back :rolleyes1 .

Day 11 – Animal Kingdom at night

Today was an absolutely fantastic day! We started off bright and early at the Magic Kingdom. We went first to “Swiss Family Treehouse” again. Wouldn’t it be cool to live in a treehouse like that?

DSCF7365_filtered640x480.jpg

Next up, “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Then we…ugh…went to the “Tiki Room.” I’m trying to not be so old-fashioned, but I really miss the original version. The kids don’t care for the new one either. But we still go once each trip. Then another few rides on “Big Thunder “and “Splash Mountain.” Everything has been a walk-on.

No one had eaten breakfast, so we decided to stop for an early lunch and went to one of our favorite restaurants…Columbia Harbor House.

DSCF8112640x480.jpg

Once again, the food there was fantastic.

DSCF7404640x480.jpg

We sat upstairs where it is so pretty. Up until the end of our meal, we were the only ones up there.

746640x480.jpg

747640x480.jpg

748640x480.jpg

Following lunch, we rode “Haunted Mansion” again. It was such a beautiful day, we decided to head over to “Tom Sawyer’s Island” and just walk around. It’s so relaxing over there. We also rode the “Liberty Riverboat.” There was hardly anyone on it.

DSCF7463640x480.jpg

The Magic Kingdom has been very quiet today. This was taken mid-afternoon:

DSCF7470_filtered640x480-6.jpg

After this, we decided to leave the Magic Kingdom, and head over to the Animal Kingdom. It has Extra Magic Hours tonight. It is the only one we’ve done our whole vacation, and we’ve never been there at night.

"Mr. Energy" on the bus:

DSCF7475640x480.jpg

First off, we go on “Kilimanjaro Safari.” I never get tired of this ride, and the kids are very patient with me.

212_filtered640x480.jpg

458_filtered640x480.jpg

459_filtered640x480.jpg

I got some nice pictures of the lion this time. Usually he is sleeping. I think he’s hungry.

806_filtered640x480.jpg

807_filtered640x480.jpg

We had dinner at the “Yak and Yeti” again. We love this restaurant already.

DSCF7508640x480.jpg

DSCF7510640x480.jpg

DSCF7511640x480.jpg

We walked around, a lot, and just enjoyed the beauty of Animal Kingdom. Again, very little crowds.

DSCF7512640x480.jpg

809_filtered640x480.jpg

Animal Kingdom is very, very pretty at night.

818_filtered640x480.jpg

819_filtered640x480.jpg

820_filtered640x480.jpg

823_filtered640x480.jpg

We also rode “Dinosaur” and “Primeval Whirl.” But mostly, we rode Everest. At night. That was so unbelievably cool!

822_filtered640x480.jpg

It was also literally very cold. Thank goodness we all had gloves on. But oh wow! “Expedition: Everest” at night is just amazing! We rode it over and over again until they literally shut the doors. It was at least 8 times. We had gone around so many times, we took a picture with the Cast Member at the end.

821_filtered640x480.jpg

It was my favorite night at Disney this trip.

We headed back to the hotel, but it was too cold to swim. We did our usual lemonade and diet Coke run at the Pop Century food court, and watched some Disney t.v. It had been a fantastic day.

Next: Day 12 – “Pick a pearl…and splurge.”

Wow, EE 8 times...that's crazy!

Sounds like a wonderful day with very little crowds, but chilly. Great report thus far!

What a perfect day! I would love to be there when it was so empty that we could ride 8 times in a row. (I don't think any of the parks will look like that for our June trip!)

wow...i have NEVER seen disney parks so empty.

your photos are really lovely. your children are going to have the best albums. that lion looks like he's got a ron blagojovich hair do thing goin' on.:lmao:

giraffesmiley-1-1.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter