37 Days till FOOTBALL!!!! Looking forward to it? or maybe NOT??

I can't wait for the season to start:cool1: DH got me into football about 10 years ago , now he accuses me of being obsessed:rolleyes1

Go
COLTS !!!

Sounds like our house. Whenever he tries to make plans on Sundays in football season my response is, "But football!"

Ah the Colts. Home of the OTHER Manning. LOL
It probably goes without saying that there isn't much in the way of Colts or Giants paraphrenalia in our house. ;)

Sounds like our house. Whenever he tries to make plans on Sundays in football season my response is, "But football!"

It probably goes without saying that there isn't much in the way of Colts or Giants paraphrenalia in our house. ;)

EXCEPT on the dart board :rotfl:

LOL , I can't imagine why not;)

I gotta admit, after watching the Giants at the Superbowl I was won over. Colts will always be #1 in my book but I'm looking forward to seeing how the Giants do this year.

Hell who am I kidding, I love watching all football, even the Patriots ;) , I just get louder and (probably) more annoying during the Colts games.

I just paid my NFL season ticket bill last week. It went up to $249 this year :eek: I'm a Viking fan of 35 years ....... I know, loyal as a mutt.

I'm lucky because my wife enjoys the NFL and the last couple of years has become a pretty big college fan as well. This makes for a happy home ;)

GO BOISE STATE BRONCOS rock the BCS world again :thumbsup2

We started paying ours too. Isn't the amount ridiculous? I think it's the only bill I HAPPILY pay though. Thank God for NFL Sunday Ticket!

I'll say what I say EVERY year: "Hey, this year could be the year for us!"

sptz22.gif

EXCEPT on the dart board :rotfl:

HAHAHA!

Really, as much as I'm a Pats fan, I'm really, MORE, a FOOTBALL fan. I'll watch all of the games, regardless of who's playing. NFL, College, hook a girl up!

However, we love to joke around about Peyton Manning. Particularly about how he's on every other commercial for something during football season. We once talked about playing "Drink every time you see Peyton" during a non-Colts game but opted out, realizing we'd be blitzed by the end of the first quarter. ;)

Hey, there, Tinkerbellarella, watch out how you talk about my latest crush!!! :rotfl: ;) Namely, I am looking forward to this season just so I can see how well my latest crush does this season and yes, that is the guy you mentioned in your previous post, the handsome hunk, Peyton Manning!!!!! He's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :lovestruc :lovestruc :cloud9:

Oh, and one other thing, go Colts!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!! We are big Eagles fans here and their training camp just opened on Monday. It's about a 5 min drive for us, so we'll be checking them out over the weekends!

Football is so exciting!!

GO EAGLES!!

Cyndi

I will keep my Manning comments to myself.:lmao:

I am a diehard Pats fan!
What a bummer with the superbowl. But you cant beat the perfect regular season. We went to the Jax playoff game in Foxboro...good game! I was all pumped up for a championship.... but oh well... got my Celtics championship instead.:thumbsup2

I feel such a loss after a superbowl... like, what in the world am I going to do without football??? NASCAR has taken its place in the off season... but when a race and a game are on at the same time on a Sunday, I am very thankful for my dvr.

GO PATS!:thumbsup2

:cool1:

I can't WAIT! GO COWBOYS!

We happen to live about 4 blocks from the local HS's football stadium...you can see it from my front yard.

GO LOBOS! WOOO!:cheer2:

If you count PRE season, we only have two and a half weeks to go! :cool1: I never liked to watch it, but DH likes it when I watch with him....it's kind of grown on me....:goodvibes

GO BEARS!!!!

Same here I started watching with DH because he wanted me to and now Im the total football spaz in the house. :cool1: :cool1: I can't wait to see the Colts kick some butt this year.

I'm a diehard Panthers fan :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: I'm fired up about the upcoming season. As always, I'm optimistic about the team's chances (until proven differently :laughing: )

Poor DW is not a FB fan at all. She has cross-stitching and I have FB.

Poor DW is not a FB fan at all. She has cross-stitching and I have FB.

Don't give up on her....that's how I started out. Cross-stitching while 'watching' football.....DH used to get so mad, eventually the cross-stitching was just sitting there in my lap and he said, "why do you even get that out anymore...." I said, "I work on it at commercials, now."....Now the commercials are even exciting sometimes (especially during the Super Bowl!!!) and it's taking me YEARS to finish my cross-stitching projects! :lmao:

I don't watch the NFL but omg give me a College Football Saturday anyday!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I had originally wanted to get married in September, but ended up setting the date in July because I knew I couldn't get married on a Saturday in September due to the football schedule!! ;)

Dh went to a wedding last year that was during the Final Four and was so mad that they missed one of the games. I thought that was stupid planning on the bride's part to pick a date during the Final Four when her groom and ALL of his friends live and die sports!

Hey, there, Tinkerbellarella, watch out how you talk about my latest crush!!! :rotfl: ;) Namely, I am looking forward to this season just so I can see how well my latest crush does this season and yes, that is the guy you mentioned in your previous post, the handsome hunk, Peyton Manning!!!!! He's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :lovestruc :lovestruc :cloud9:

Oh, and one other thing, go Colts!!!!!!!!!

LOL All in good fun. Heck, if he was the ONLY one playing ball all day, every day, I'd still watch!

Can't wait!! We are big Eagles fans here and their training camp just opened on Monday. It's about a 5 min drive for us, so we'll be checking them out over the weekends!

Cyndi, I'll be rooting for your Iggles while I'm rooting for my Pats. Y'all picked up Asante Samuel and I'll sorely miss him here in NE. While the year before last was really his stellar year, man can that man make some plays. Every time he was on TV, the BF would say, "Look, honey, there's your boy."

:goodvibes

I feel such a loss after a superbowl... like, what in the world am I going to do without football???

I hear ya. For a few weeks I'm all sullen on Sundays, like, what now?

At the firm where I work, people are constantly putting tickets up for sale. I've never been to a game and am dying to go! Neither the BF or I want to have to brave the weather after early November, so I think I might try to score us some pre-season tickets and brave the heat instead!

Don't give up on her....that's how I started out. Cross-stitching while 'watching' football.....DH used to get so mad, eventually the cross-stitching was just sitting there in my lap and he said, "why do you even get that out anymore...." I said, "I work on it at commercials, now."....Now the commercials are even exciting sometimes (especially during the Super Bowl!!!) and it's taking me YEARS to finish my cross-stitching projects! :lmao:

OMG! LOL!!! That's how I started out too. Every once in a while I'll still bring the cross-stitching out and BF looks at me and says, "You STILL haven't finished that one???" and I bat my eyelashes and remind him, "No. I WATCH the games now honey."

Pats tix are sold out almost immediately after going on sale. Its gets quite frustrating for those of us who arent quick enough to buy them.
I paid $550 for 2 upper level seats at Gillette for a regular season game. hey... I wanted to go:lmao:
StubHub sent me an email recently though sayign the the Pats wanted all info on all tix sales. Including mine! I get why they want to know who is selling them, but I am just a desperate fan. :laughing:

OMG! LOL!!! That's how I started out too. Every once in a while I'll still bring the cross-stitching out and BF looks at me and says, "You STILL haven't finished that one???" and I bat my eyelashes and remind him, "No. I WATCH the games now honey."

:lmao: Too funny!!!! I've been working on this Santa piece now for 6 years! I get it out every once in a while and DH says the same thing....I tell him "well you're the one that started me on football....."

Great minds.....:thumbsup2

So...I was just perusing the Pats website to figure out which games I was going to miss during my fall trip to Disney. I'll miss the Pats and the Dolphins on 9/21 but, thankfully, it's the Pats BYE week on the 28th, our return day. Is it bad that I was thinking, "Hm, for next year's trip I need to be more careful and take the schedule into consideration." ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter