36 Million lbs. of ground turkey recalled..

So I've never dealt with recalled food before. Do I take it back to the store? Or just toss it? I have like 4 packages that are included in the recall.

So I've never dealt with recalled food before. Do I take it back to the store? Or just toss it? I have like 4 packages that are included in the recall.

Call the store where you purchased it.. They will have you bring it in and give you a full refund.

That's scary!!! :eek:

Call the store where you purchased it.. They will have you bring it in and give you a full refund.

That's scary!!! :eek:

What's even scarier is that we usually eat a pack a week (that's why I have so much in the freezer), but since I've been pregnant I haven't had a taste for it and we've only eaten it once since February. I guess its a good thing I haven't been able to eat it!

Where are you finding the list of the recalled brands? I have some in my freezer that I need to check.

All of the packages recalled include the code "Est. P-963," according to Cargill, though packages were labeled under many different brands. Many of the recalled meats are under the label Honeysuckle White. Other brands include Riverside Ground Turkey, Natural Lean Ground Turkey, Fit & Active Lean Ground Turkey, Spartan Ground Turkey and Shady Brook Farms Ground Turkey Burgers. The recall also includes ground turkey products packaged under the HEB, Safeway, Kroger, Randall's, Tom Thumb and Giant Eagle grocery store brands.

The recall also includes some ground turkey that isn't labeled at all, according to Cargill.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/08/04/general-us-tainted-ground-turkey_8600477.html

Thank you for posting - my dog eats a raw food diet and we use ground turkey often. Going to check now!

You're welcome. :) I had some in my freezer from Kroger. I think we actually ate some of the contaminated stuff, but I must have cooked it thoroughly enough to kill off the salmonella because nobody got sick from it.

Ugh! I just stocked up for school starting....all 5 1 lb tubes of my ground turkey are in the recall.....back to the store I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter