• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

35 More days and I'll be in WDW..... alone!!

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I can't believe I'm not going with anyone! DH can't get away from work, and my BGF Tina can't either!!! Originally she was going to come with me for the Food and Wine Festival, but when she got her fall schedule there was no way. And I have a 1 BR unit!! Tried to change to a Studio, but all were booked. So I'll have the jacuzzi all to myself also!!! :lmao: So needless to say I'm psyched!!! Got my Magical Express package yesterday so I'm ready to go!!! :banana: :banana:

You'll be the only one in WDW period? WOW
That must've cost someone a pretty penny... Just imagine, no lines for any rides, no getting run down by strollers, no children crying/whining and all those characters waiting in line for you for a change...

Wish I could afford that.

PS - Obviously just kidding but could start an interesting new thread
"If you could have an entire park to yourself, what would you do or enjoy most?"

Anyways, enjoy your trip

I am going to be staying at OKW all by myself (unless my waitlist comes through for another resort) from 10/14-10/17. PM me and maybe we can have lunch or dinner one day? Just a thought... I have never done a solo trip but I really need a break from the kids. lol.

I have a question for those of you who have gone by yourself: Does it get lonely? Right now I'm able to take my parents or friends. But I know sometime I will venture down there by myself. But I will be concerned about having "memories" of the people that have been with me in the past causing some depression to hit. And I'm not sure if the universe can handle depression at the "Happiest Place on Earth." What has your experience been when you have gone alone?

I am going to be staying at OKW all by myself (unless my waitlist comes through for another resort) from 10/14-10/17. PM me and maybe we can have lunch or dinner one day? Just a thought... I have never done a solo trip but I really need a break from the kids. lol.

When do you actually check out? I arrive on the 17th.

I have a question for those of you who have gone by yourself: Does it get lonely? Right now I'm able to take my parents or friends. But I know sometime I will venture down there by myself. But I will be concerned about having "memories" of the people that have been with me in the past causing some depression to hit. And I'm not sure if the universe can handle depression at the "Happiest Place on Earth." What has your experience been when you have gone alone?

I've actually never been there alone. But since all my memories are good memories and I absolutely love WDW I would think I'll be fine. As for the loneliness....I don't know. Being at the Boardwalk opens up alot of opportunities for me. I love watching people. One of the things I've always wanted to do is sit on a bench at night on the Boardwalk and just sit and watch people!!! I'm just so exceited at this point that I can't imagine being anything but happy.

You may be at WDW in 35 days - alone, but in 37 days my DH and I will join you :rotfl:

Seriously though - it sounds like a great trip. Have a wonderful time

Went last year by myself and guess what I'm going again solo this year !!!!:cool1:
It is great --do what you want when you want --easy access to single lane rider--CM's :goodvibes very friendly ,,just a great time . Check out the forums here --others have posted all about there solo trips --which restaurants to eat at --what to do --some solo travelers meet up for a lunch or dinner with another solo person. Have fun planning :banana: :wizard:
Hugs Mel

I'm so jealous. I'd love to go alone but I feel guilty if I don't take the family and then when I take them they make my trip unpleasant and I swear I'll never take them again (but I always do) :goodvibes

Wow -- sounds fabulous! I've never taken a solo trip to WDW, but I have to say that some of my favorite times are when I go off on my own to people watch and just absorb the magic, solo. Have a great time! And if you get a chance, post a trip report! :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous. I'd love to go alone but I feel guilty if I don't take the family and then when I take them they make my trip unpleasant and I swear I'll never take them again (but I always do) :goodvibes

I guess I'm very fortunate. DH "likes" WDW but he's not the fanatic like I am. :rotfl: So for him, one trip a year is just fine. When my girlfriend had to back out, it was he who suggested a solo trip and I jumped at the opportunity!!! :thumbsup2

58 more days till my solo 50th birthday bash
will be at wdw 11/9-16 celebrating
I will be meeting up w/friends occasionally - they'll also be spending parts of my actual birthday day with me (Hi Liz)

Oh man! I am leaving on the morning of the 17th!! I hope you have a magical time.

Aw what a shame. I would have loved to have met up for lunch or something!!! Well I hope you also have a wonderful time!!! We could always meet at the airport!! :rotfl:

58 more days till my solo 50th birthday bash
will be at wdw 11/9-16 celebrating
I will be meeting up w/friends occasionally - they'll also be spending parts of my actual birthday day with me (Hi Liz)

Next June I'll be in WDW for my "5*" birthday and I'm gona make sure I get me a birthday button!!! Of course DH will probably be embarrassed; but not me!!!!! :banana:

I can't believe I'm not going with anyone! DH can't get away from work, and my BGF Tina can't either!!! Originally she was going to come with me for the Food and Wine Festival, but when she got her fall schedule there was no way. And I have a 1 BR unit!! Tried to change to a Studio, but all were booked. So I'll have the jacuzzi all to myself also!!! :lmao: So needless to say I'm psyched!!! Got my Magical Express package yesterday so I'm ready to go!!! :banana: :banana:
Ms. WDW, have a great time! I just got back from a solo DVC trip (at BCV and BWV). I've never been fortunate enough to have a 1 BR unit though. Have a great trip!

Ms. WDW, have a great time! I just got back from a solo DVC trip (at BCV and BWV). I've never been fortunate enough to have a 1 BR unit though. Have a great trip!

I actually tried to change to a studio when I found out my friend couldn't join me.

Any suggestions for this solo first timer?? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter