35 hours until our 7 months

arthur06

DDC #689
This is the part that always gets me the most anxious.

We had thought about skipping 2012 at WDW, and we are holding true to that. We are going to DL!!! :cool1:

Here is our current plan.

Friday, November 2nd to Tuesday November 6th at San Francisco. We are planning on seeing the Walt Disney Museum, Alcatraz, GG Bridge and Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard Street and riding the Cable Cars. We would have all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday in SF. Is this enough for what we want to do?

Then on the 6th flying to LAX or OC or Ontario and spending the 6th to the 9th at VGC. That would leave us Tuesday afternoon until Friday at DL and VGC. Is that enough time for that portion of the trip as well?

I have been to DL once and DCA once, on separate trips. This will be DW's first trip to DLR. Any tips or advice would be welcomed.

I think that will be enough time in San Francisco for what you have scheduled.

I think we spent about 4 hours at Alcatraz between the ferry over and the tour.

We biked over the Golden Gate bridge and really enjoyed that. It was really cold though, and that was the first week in July! On the bike ride, we stopped and toured the Exploratorium museum and would recommend this if you have time (the bike company gives you a cable and lock to tie up the bike when not in use). We then stopped in Sausalito for dinner before catching the ferry back to the bike shop.

When riding the cable cars, if you are near the cable car museum, you may want to stop in and see the cables in action. It's a small museum, but interesting.

I also think you can do most of what you want in DL. Tuesday's and Wednesdays are usually the least crowded days. Will you have any time on Friday, or do you leave early?

Have fun!,

Sheri

Also check park schedules for show times for any shows you are wanting to see. I believe at some periods during the year, Aladdin in CA is dark on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so you would want to see this Tuesday. We love this show!!

Sheri

I think that will be enough time in San Francisco for what you have scheduled.

I think we spent about 4 hours at Alcatraz between the ferry over and the tour.

We biked over the Golden Gate bridge and really enjoyed that. It was really cold though, and that was the first week in July! On the bike ride, we stopped and toured the Exploratorium museum and would recommend this if you have time (the bike company gives you a cable and lock to tie up the bike when not in use). We then stopped in Sausalito for dinner before catching the ferry back to the bike shop.

When riding the cable cars, if you are near the cable car museum, you may want to stop in and see the cables in action. It's a small museum, but interesting.

I also think you can do most of what you want in DL. Tuesday's and Wednesdays are usually the least crowded days. Will you have any time on Friday, or do you leave early?

Have fun!,

Sheri

thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2

Jump on it online at 8:00am eastern.

Good Luck! I love VGC. Staying there in September for 6 nights.

We were looking at some dates in August, and VGC was not available. It really is one of the reasons that we want to go to DL. The kids will say Cars Land, but DW and I, its all about the resort! :thumbsup2

I will be online right away getting the days I want.

Keep in mind that @ DLR, except during high season there are no fireworks and less shows during the weeknights, which is the tradeoff for lower crowds. WOC shows every night, but Fantasmic, as well as fireworks and the Mad Tea Party will not be happening Mon-Thurs night, and these are all great attractions (at least I've high hopes for the Mad Tea Party since Electronica was very fun). Are you flying out on Friday? Or could you just head to an airport hotel to fly out on Saturday? We often check out on our last park day, then head to an airport hotel after watching the shows if we're departing on the weekend.

Or if you have enough points you could just add another night onto your VGC stay. ;)

Keep in mind that @ DLR, except during high season there are no fireworks and less shows during the weeknights, which is the tradeoff for lower crowds. WOC shows every night, but Fantasmic, as well as fireworks and the Mad Tea Party will not be happening Mon-Thurs night, and these are all great attractions (at least I've high hopes for the Mad Tea Party since Electronica was very fun). Are you flying out on Friday? Or could you just head to an airport hotel to fly out on Saturday? We often check out on our last park day, then head to an airport hotel after watching the shows if we're departing on the weekend.

Or if you have enough points you could just add another night onto your VGC stay. ;)

I could add another day, or possibly fly out Saturday and stay around the airport on Friday night.

I got online early this morning and got the days that I wanted at VGC. :cool1:

I am so excited to stay here. If it wasn't for DVC, we would never stay at VGC. We would be good neighbor hotels people. :rotfl2:

Congratulations on getting your room!!

It sounds like you're going to have a great trip!

Sheri

I was going to ask, what should I request for a 1br as far as location or view?

I would request World of Color view. This is what we had last May, studio room 6504.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You will love VGC - I love the whole Disneyland resort area.

We stayed there 3 years ago while the GC was still available on points in an Artisan Suite - it was a very wonderful trip. We'll definitely be trying to go back sometime. :goodvibes

I would request World of Color view. This is what we had last May, studio room 6504.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

WOW, wonderful photos!

If we have a view even half as good as that I will be so excited.

Do I want to Request a high floor WOC view or is the WOC view, only the high floors?

WOW, wonderful photos!

If we have a view even half as good as that I will be so excited.

Do I want to Request a high floor WOC view or is the WOC view, only the high floors?

I requested WOC view. My friend stayed at PP the night before our reservation and checked in at VGC at 7:00am and repeated our request. They went into the backroom and then came back and said we got this room! I was flying out that morning and when I connected in PHX I got a text from her saying we got a great room and it was ready at 9:30am! I got there around noon, got my key at the front desk and she was out on the balcony when I got there. I took the first picture then, I couldn't believe it! First, the great view and second that it was ready! We are staying there again in September but will not get there until afternoon so I don't have my hopes up that we will get it again. I think the early check-in helped.

I worry that this trip will make us want to add on at VGC more then any other trip we have taken to WDW.

The beautiful resort, small size, incredible location to both theme parks, I think that the kids and DW will fall in love with DLR and VGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter