I've gone solo on my last few trips, and I've enjoyed sitting by myself for the most part. I haven't tried TS restaurants yet, but that's mostly because I always wait until I get hungry before stopping to eat. I hate being tied down to a reservation when I'm by myself. I don't bother with any of the dining plans for mostly the same reason (and the fact that I'm on a budget and I can keep track better on my own).

To save $ I make sandwiches while I am there. Also, I bring instant oatmeal from home, coffee, and snacks. I know where the largest kid meals are and other low cost items like mini corn dogs and soup... I do have favorite QS and TS spots as well, but try to save $ when I can, so I can take more trips!

I'd love to see your QS kids meals list!

where and when I feel like eating. I don't let being solo affect those choices. I do not use the dining plan, not because it's awkward but because I don't like the dining plan. I don't really go to buffets/AYCE much if at all.

I did the QSDDP once on a solo trip since I was fortunate enough to have a CM let me use her friends & family discount for it. Even with the discount, it was not worth it at all for me. I thought it would be since it was during the Flower & Garden Festival & I used all of my snack credits on samples from the booths. But even saving the more $$ samples to use w/the DDP, it turned out to be more expensive than if I just went w/OOP for the short trip I took. I also found it to be entirely too much food w/the dessert that I often took a couple bites of before throwing it out. It's no fun to me walking around in the sun & humidity on a full stomach. So I won't be do DDP again for a solo trip. I stick to QS entrees for myself & always get an ice water or two depending on the heat & how active I've been that day. Sometimes, I just get the main entree without the side to save a few dollars & later on if I'm hungry, get a snack instead of another full meal.

I did find that the regular DDP worked good for trips w/a friend & using credits on HDDR & GG.

As far as feeling uncomfortable goes, I did the first few solo trips I took but then I realized that no one is paying attention to me & if they were, why did I care. The 1st TS I ate at solo was the beginning of this month when I had the CP package at the R&C. I got a table for 2 on the patio & found it to be nice & relaxing. I plan to branch out next trip & try more TS eventually. There are so many appetizers that sound good that I'm sure I can make a meal out of w/out being too full from it. That will save some $$ as well. :)

Last edited:

I went with the normal dp for my solo trip back in 2014. The first day or two I used my snack credit for something for breakfast and used my others for lunch and dinner but found my self getting a laaate dinner as lunch kept for going for a fare amount of time so I would used my table service for a breakfast buffet on some days and that was well enough to keep me going until dinner. I only did that 2 times though and saved the ts credit for dinner the rest of the trip as I found the qs portions quite filling too (larger portions then what I was used to). used the rest of my snack credits for stuff to bring home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter