I love the Panasonic Lumix DMC line of cameras!!!! I was big into photography when a incident at work made it difficult for me to continue to use my 35mm cameras and my large digital camera (can't take the weight of the camera, the injury was to my thumb). But Panasonic Lumix small digital cameras are awesome! The features and the zoom and the quality are amazing for such a compact camera! (I swear I am not a Panasonic dealer... Lol) I have used them since the line was in single digits, lol. Princess Michelle, even if you don't use all the features you will enjoy the camera.

It really is a great camera and I got it for a steal. Glad to hear your glowing reviews, I'm very happy with it so far. :thumbsup2

We continued to explore Fort Louis, there isn't a lot to see up there but the views are gorgeous and it's an interesting spot to visit.

Looking out the front gate of the fort, you'll notice Brian having a rest over to the side...

Cruise 2013 1005 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1013 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1014 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1035 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1038 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1022 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1008 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1028 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1012 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1036 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1039 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Once we were finished exploring the Fort we walked back down to the city and made our way to Sarafina's Bakery. We had heard many wonderful things about the treats Sarafina's offers, and it did not disappoint.

Cruise 2013 1048 by princessm112877, on Flickr

There are all kinds of sandwiches, sweets, pizza and breads to choose from.

Cruise 2013 1043 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1042 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1041 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We had a hard time deciding so we ended up with a Ham & Cheese Croissant (absolutely delicious), Quiche (was good but nothing special), Strawberry Eclaire (Fantastic) and a Pistachio Macaron (so good). I think the total for everything we got was around $14 euro, or roughly $19 US. They accept both forms of payment but we had gotten a few euros just to make it easier.

Cruise 2013 1044 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After we finished our snack we walked along the waterfront for a little bit, taking in the sites.

Cruise 2013 1050 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The same Marina we had been looking at from the fort earlier.

Cruise 2013 1052 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1055 by princessm112877, on Flickr

You'll notice Fort Louis up there on top of the hill.

Cruise 2013 1062 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1063 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Up next, Maho Beach!

You guys are tough cookies! It was so very hot that day!:eek: I nearly melted the minute we got back from our Lord Sheffield's Tall Ship Pirate Day Excursion so we went straight back to our beautiful ship! Vivek said it is ALWAYS hot in St. Maarten.

I guess I should add that St. Maarten is extremely beautiful! (I'm a wuss when it comes to heat.) My pictures are pretty but not nearly as lovely as the picture engrained in my head.

It was extremely hot, but it honestly was very similar to Florida's weather in the Summer. I hate the heat, absolutely hate it, but I love Florida so I've learned to deal. I think I drank about 6 bottles of water while we were on the island. It really is a gorgeous place, we really loved it.

Once back in Philipsburg we just walked around and looked through a few shops. We went into the Yoda Guy shop but didn't pay to go into the museum.

Cruise 2013 1154 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1155 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1156 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1158 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After shopping a bit we headed back to the ship. We saw the water taxi stand that would take you back to the cruise ship area but didn't think it looked like that far of a walk, so we skipped it and went on our way. I really wish we had taken the water taxi! My feet/ankles/legs were so swollen from the heat and our hike that morning, and the walk was so much further than it looked.

Cruise 2013 1160 by princessm112877, on Flickr

It looks like the ship is about to hit an iceberg!

Cruise 2013 1163 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We really enjoyed our time in St. Maarten. Our taxi fares plus tips came out to roughly $65 total and we got to do exactly what we wanted to for less than the cost of a tour that included a bunch of stuff we didn't care about. The taxis were plentiful everywhere we went, they were all air conditioned and comfortable, I'd highly recommend seeing the island this way if a tour just doesn't suit you.

Once we were back on the ship Brian went up to the sport deck to play on the golf simulator and I went back to the room to take a nap and prop my feet up. When he got back we got ready for dinner and headed to the theater for the show. It was Shawn Farquhar the magician tonight. The show started out a little slow with him using another person as a puppet of sorts to do a trick, but it got better after that and we actually ended up really enjoying him. Especially his last card trick.

We had a little time before dinner so we went to Skyline to get a drink. I had the Paris 75 (Grey Goose Citron Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Blue Curacao and Pineapple Juice) it was delicious! We had a nice time talking to Jerry the Bartender. He let me try something he's working on, a Cilantro infused vodka. It was actually really refreshing. He's trying to come up with a ceviche inspired cocktail to use it in.

Cruise 2013 1164 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1165 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After our drinks we just walked around a little bit before heading to dinner. It was Pirate night and we actually had brought pirate costumes to wear, but my feet/ankles were so swollen I just didn't feel like showing them off in my short pirate dress. So we decided not to dress up, it would have been so much fun though, a lot of people on our cruise were dressed for the occasion.

We had dinner in Animator's Palate this evening. They were offering these cute pirate glow cups with virgin Bahama Mamas in them.

Cruise 2013 1179 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Tonight's bread service was Johnny Cakes (cornbread), rolls and Pigeon Pea Relish (which was really tasty).

Cruise 2013 1176 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 1177 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We both had the Potstickers for our first appetizer, excellent!

Cruise 2013 1181 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had the Jerk Chicken Salad for my second course, it was delicious. Brian had a Conch Chowder that I didn't get a picture of.

Cruise 2013 1182 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had the BBQ Beef Short Ribs for my entree, they were melt in your mouth tender.

Cruise 2013 1183 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Dijon Crusted Sirloin of Beef.

Cruise 2013 1184 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The screens were displaying various artwork/scenes from Disney's pirate movies like Peter Pan, Treasure Planet and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Cruise 2013 1187 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had another one of the no sugar added options for dessert this night, Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and whipped cream, and a hidden Mickey for added fun.

Cruise 2013 1188 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Rum Soaked Chocolate cake, he said it was good, but not as Rummy as the one he had at Royal Court.

Cruise 2013 1189 by princessm112877, on Flickr

It's been a stressful week and our October cruise on the Fantasy seems so far away I thought I'd read a couple trip reports and live vicariously through some other cruisers :goodvibes This has been a great trip report so far! Your photos are lovely. And wow, your formal dress is amazing and you look stunning! Can't wait to read more next time :thumbsup2

Thanks so much, Andrea! It's been busy leading up to Christmas but I hope to be able to finish my report soon. We waited almost 2 years for our cruise so I definitely know how you feel!

Just spent a very enjoyable hour reading through your TR :goodvibes
Your photos are just wonderful :thumbsup2
We are sailing on this same itinerary at the end of May so this is really helping with the planning!

Hi, I am a follower coming out of lurkdom! :wave2: I am thoroughly enjoying your report, so fun AND informative! :thumbsup2 We are taking the Fantasy Easter Caribbean cruise in Oct 2014, and I have a question for you regarding your St. Martin's day.

My DH is an uber geek when it comes to airplanes. He has worked in the aviation industry since he was 17 yrs old, and STILL just loves airplanes. I am sure he would love the Sunset Bar and Grill with the planes flying so low. My question is this: I visited the web site for Sunset...and it seems to be geared to more of a partying adult clientele. We will be traveling with our three children. I am certain we won't want to witness heavy drinking, topless women, or bikini contests with them in tow. :rotfl: Is the atmosphere more family friendly during the day? I didn't see any such "antics" in the pictures you have posted.

Thanks!

Hi, I am a follower coming out of lurkdom! :wave2: I am thoroughly enjoying your report, so fun AND informative! :thumbsup2 We are taking the Fantasy Easter Caribbean cruise in Oct 2014, and I have a question for you regarding your St. Martin's day.

My DH is an uber geek when it comes to airplanes. He has worked in the aviation industry since he was 17 yrs old, and STILL just loves airplanes. I am sure he would love the Sunset Bar and Grill with the planes flying so low. My question is this: I visited the web site for Sunset...and it seems to be geared to more of a partying adult clientele. We will be traveling with our three children. I am certain we won't want to witness heavy drinking, topless women, or bikini contests with them in tow. :rotfl: Is the atmosphere more family friendly during the day? I didn't see any such "antics" in the pictures you have posted.

Thanks!

I was actually a bit concerned about the things I saw on the Sunset website myself, but we saw none of that when we were there. People were drinking but no one was out of control or being obnoxious or anything. Everyone had their clothes on too. The most offensive thing I saw was a gentleman in a white speedo... :crazy2:

We stayed close to the bar area just because I didn't feel like walking through the sand, but you can always go down to the beach and hang out. The bar rents beach chairs/umbrellas or you could just sit on the sand/towel. It's not a big beach but it was really pretty. There were quite a few kids there when we went but it did seem like most of the families chose to stay closer to the beach. Hope that helps! :goodvibes

Just found your TR, and I am really enjoying it! We were on the Fantasy in August, so it's that much more fun to see things we enjoyed too or things we have yet to do. Can't wait to read more!

Beautiful Report!!! Thanks so much for posting all of the pictures and details! I especially LOVE all of your outfits! So pretty!! I really loved the pink/purple paisley dress, and your black/lace formal dress, gorgeous!!!!!

I am sailing with my DH and 2 small children in August 2014, and we are so excited.

We are still undecided about out port excursions…..such a hard decision!! Thanks for posting about the French side and serafinas!!!

Welcome RGirl, Dyerneeds and annabug! :goodvibes

Now that the holidays are over and life is settling back into it's normal routine I'm hoping to get some more of my report done this weekend! Rest assured I haven't forgotten! :thumbsup2

annabug, thanks so much for the compliments! That paisley dress is so comfortable!

OMG just read your amazing review now I can't wait for my first cruise in April !!! Loved all your pics!

We just booked 7192 for next November, and that's how I came across your thread, via search for others' opinions on "our" stateroom lol. I'm enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read the rest! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter