• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

32/33 Weeks pregnant Disney trip

mommymav

Earning My Ears
Hello all!!!
So my family has already booked our trip to Disney World...in AUGUST, and turns out I will be 32 weeks pregnant when we go, and 33 weeks pregnant by the time we leave. We will be flying there from San Antonio, Tx. I've been to disney many times before and LOVE it, and yes I'll def check with my Dr. before I go too. But has anyone done this before? and around August, hot summer month? I know I wont' be able to ride the big rides, but I can still ride ALOT... any suggestions? or advice from a preggo mommy who's been there and done that?! THANKS :) :)

I was pregnant on our last trip and we will be taking our 11 month old for the first time at the end of this month. It was much better than I was expecting. I was able to have a snack (pineapple and a water) while my husband and boys rode the big rides. I did everything but the big rides and Safari. One of my sons always put a Mickey sticker on my belly so when we look back at pictures and see that our little one was in there :) people on the bus always gave up a seat for me and CMs were very nice. Just pace yourself and rest when needed. And drink a lot of water. Have fun and congratulations :)

Aww thanks, that's very reassuring! how many weeks were you when you went? We also have a son, who will be almost 2 (21 months) when we go in August, so that'll be a lot of fun for him too!

I went pregnant twice. I don't remember the weeks, but I was 6 months the first time and 7 months the second time. Both trips were in the hot summer months because we are teachers and that's when we can go. I strangely felt better when I could push the stroller. It helped alleviate the strain on my back walking around the parks. There were a few rides that I couldn't go on, but since we had little ones with us, I was just the designated person who sat with the little ones. No rider swap that trip! I don't think that being pregnant really detracted from those vacations. Have fun!

I've gone twice while pregnant and had a blast both times. I was 34 weeks the first time and 31 weeks the second time. Both trips were in April so it wasn't incredibly hot. I agree with the PP to take it easy. I relaxed and snacked while others were riding rides. There were only a handful of rides I couldn't do. My best advice is to escape the heat in one of the baby care centers. Even if you don't have your other child with you they will welcome you in an you can get a comfy place to sit in AC. You could do the same in a QS restaurant but those are busy and loud. The baby care centers are much more quiet and relaxing.

My last day my party insisted on renting a wheelchair for me but I really was fine. If they insist on pushing you around though, take advantage! You're feet will swell in that heat!

Last tip, purchase a support band from a maternity store. It saved my back. Well worth the money.

Have fun!

Thanks you guys!! All of these tips help!!! I'm so glad I'm not the first preggo that has been or is going! :)

I went at 33 weeks pregnant and flew from Pittsburgh. The trip was a great one! Just took more breaks and enjoyed the parks while others were riding. I think you'll have a great time! :goodvibes

Most Drs will say no after 32 weeks, so I'd keep that in mind. For me I was late with my first and early with my last two. I would be leary to have a trip with airfare that late unless it is refundable as well as the hotel. If it isn't I would move the trip up 2 months or postpone until after the new baby. I wouldn't want to be out that money and pregnancies can be different each time with surprises. I had low fluid with my 2nd and was constantly being monitored the last few months and preterm labor with my last and bed rest the last 3 weeks(I delivered at 35 weeks so bed rest started at 32). Both babies delivered early. My first pregnancy was smooth sailing and no complications at all. I would have never thought my last two would have so many issues. If you can get a refund, then talk to your Dr now and see what they say.

I've gone pregnant not quite that pregnant and it was over all fine. My OB always told me when if get later and want to do quick trips to keep in mind in the last trimester if you go into labor you're stick wherever you are until you deliver or your newborn is discharged from a NICU. Not trying to freak you out but heat of August you never know; I went way late 41+ weeks #1; water broke at 38 weeks with #2 and delivered #3 & #4 as scheduled at 39 weeks each (repeat sections) you never know the little buggers are on their own agendas.

I went to WDW at 30 weeks with my DD. Our trip was in April so it wasn't so hot. I had a great time. We went for 5 days. I have to say, I was ready to go home at the end of that trip as it did tire me out more so than the trips when I haven't been pregnant. While I did miss some of the headliners, I still had many attractions to experience. I didn't feel as if I missed something. Just drink plenty of water and take a rest when you need it. If you need to get out of the heat and sit down, go into one of the baby care centers.

I'm going at 32/33 weeks the first week in March with two kids (4 and 2.5). My ob didn't think it would be a problem and wrote me a note in case anyone questioned me. She said up until 36 weeks would be fine. I went into labor 4 days early with my first and a week early with my second. I'm planning on this being the first of many trips for my family so my goal is to have a relaxing and fun vacation. We are not going to try to see and do everything but rather enjoy what we do see. My kids love to swim so I'm also planning for a daily afternoon swim/nap time. My inlaws are coming with us the entire time and my parents will be with us for two days so we'll have extra hands. We are going to bring a double stroller.

I did go pregnant in the past-- I think I was about 6 months-- in August. It was hot but not as bad as I anticipated. We didn't have kids then (my MIL planned a family vacation-- there were no kids at all in the family yet). I did nap each day and skipped many of the rides. In retrospect, I probably could have gone on more rides but I was happy to sit in the shade and read a book or watch the expression on little kids' faces as they experienced the magic of Disney!

Didn't some of the airlines just make changes to flying while pregnant? I could be wrong but I thought I heard it on the news? I've never been while pregnant but kudos to all that do especially in that heat! Have fun what a great way to celebrate a baby coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter