32 + 24 + 20 + 4 = 5 Fantasmic Days in the World --4/2 update

Mary Ellen, I am so sorry for your loss. I just saw this, my weekend totally got away from me.

You can ask for late check out, I think the latest I've ever gotten is 11:30 which didn't help much but it was a half an hour we definitely took advantage of! You could, if you prefer, leave your stuff with Bell services though, instead of in the car. I definitely don't have a clue about POP but it's awfully huge so hopefully someone can give you good room request info.

I am not a buffet fan at all so I'm zero help on the dinner choices as...they are all buffets! :rotfl:

I like the plans. Yes, you can ask for late check-out, but there is no guarantee.

I would NOT change your dinner ADR. We have not done dinner at Akerhaus, but we ate lunch there and were not impressed at all. We were also very disappointed in our meal at Biergarten in 2010...we won't be going back any time soon.

Hmm good to know Kathy! Joe especially loves the Biergarten, and I like it, but I also am more adventurous than Joe & like to try new things. At this point we have kept with the Crystal Palace.

Mary Ellen, I am so sorry for your loss. I just saw this, my weekend totally got away from me.

You can ask for late check out, I think the latest I've ever gotten is 11:30 which didn't help much but it was a half an hour we definitely took advantage of! You could, if you prefer, leave your stuff with Bell services though, instead of in the car. I definitely don't have a clue about POP but it's awfully huge so hopefully someone can give you good room request info.

I am not a buffet fan at all so I'm zero help on the dinner choices as...they are all buffets! :rotfl:
Hi Cynthia, sorry I am SOOOOO long in replying. I just have not had time to DIS much lately. We've had so much family-related things to do lately, I'm on my HS 25th Reunion planning committee, a GS leader, and frankly have seen that my sweet little girl has really needed some more un-distracted mommy and daddy time lately, so I haven't been surfing in the evening as I love to do.

We have been trying to get away from the buffets this trip - and actually this one is the only one we are doing. Buffets are great with Katie, who is still young enough to be on the kids meal plan, but wants to be able to have a wider selection. for Joe and I the wider selection really only equals wider butts when the trip is over :rotfl::rotfl:

I had not thought about using Bell Services - that's a good idea. Then we can check out in the a.m., leave our bags there, use the back entrance to do Epcot until we can check into Pop. I like that! thanks!!:love:

Before I list my must do’s, I have to say that I am going to TRY (and it will be difficult) to really take my time and smell the roses so to speak.:hippie:

So often we find ourselves cruising along from spot to spot and not really really taking in all of the scenery and details. Oh, we take in some, but I never cease to be amazed at the awesome detailed photography here on the board, and I always think “OH, how have I never seen that? “ So this trip, I am aiming to keep my MUST DO’s to a calmer pace. Anything extra will be a bonus, right?

I’ve noticed that some folks are organized enough to have planned rides for each day. I am not that organized LOL so I have a list of rides for each park.
MUST DO’S IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM:

We will be in the Animal Kingdom only one day, Tuesday June 5. The first part of that day will be spent on the Wild Africa Trek.:cool1::cool1:

Just Joe and I are doing this tour, with Lesley & Colin meeting up with us later.* Joe insists on telling everyone that I am planning to push him off the bridge & into the crocodiles….I think I will have to find a faux croc bag or something as a joke! BTW MEK I have told Joe that you said be more worried about the Hippos! I am enjoying giving him something else to worry about.:rolleyes:

I am also thinking that IF for some reason Lesley cannot stand the idea of sleeping in this day, and heads to the park with us, I will hand over our park passes and let her grab fastpasses for Everest and Kali. I've never been to WDW in June but know that the crowds are higher then than in January or May.

Wild Africa Trek !!!

Expedition Everest-- (Joe keeps laughing at me because I apparently closed my eyes and did not see the Yeti. I WILL see the Yeti!)
Festival of the Lion King
Kali River Rapids-- I don’t want to go to dinner soggy, so it will have to be early in the day so that we have time to dry out! We are thinking that we may be hot when we finish our tour, so this could the first ride we get to do.

Its Tough to be a Bug! – This is Top on Lesley’s Must do , so if we can only work in one show, we will have to pick this over FOTK just for my bestie!
Flights of Wonder -- Lesley & Colin are big owl fans, and they will really like this

Maharaja Jungle Trek --we may pass depending on what we see during the Wild Africa Trek and how crowded the park is

Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade-This was Katie’s first parade ever and I haven’t seen it since 2007, so I really want to see it. Ok, I really want to see EVERY parade :thumbsup2, just not sure if Joe will be that keen on it.

MAY do’s

Camp Mickey & Minnie would be nice to visit, as we never seem to get there. but it may have to wait till next year.
Primeval Whirl – I am a bit leary of the spinning I’ve read about. How about it folks, how much spinning is there?

Dinosaur – I would like to do this again but not if it means rushing. I am pretty sure that this ride is off of Colin’s list and not sure if it will work for Lesley, so we can pass if we need to.

Animal Kingdom closes at 7 p.m. this day, and we have 7:20 p.m. dinner reservations at Sanaa. I absolutely plan on pushing my luck leaving the park as late as possible to still make it to dinner. This will be a "one park" day for us.

*Did you notice me mentioning Colin as well? As life continues to change for all of us, there is a very good chance that he will be able to come as well. Joe is really hoping for this of course, and I think Colin may have said something to the effect of curbing Lesley's Mickey shopping :-):woohoo:

I am working and just read "club level" and it totally reminded me of...
OF COURSE

SIXTY DAYS AND I WILL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!

:cool1::rotfl2::cool1::goodvibes:goodvibes:banana::banana::banana:

Hope I have time to surf a little tonight to see what everyone has been up to. I am behind on my reading AND my planning!

Sorry I missed your last update! It must have been during my DIS hiatus a few weeks ago when I was out and about.

Here's the picture!

IMG_3022.jpg

Tell me if you want more!

Your plans sounds great! You will love the African Trek!

Progress!!

So we are 47 days away from being in our happy happy place. Because this year we are not taking Katie we have been trying not to talk about our Disney plans in front of her (its sort of like eating ice cream sundaes in front of someone when they can’t have one ). But it means that aside with all of the other things that have been added into our schedule in the past year, I just am not spending as much time planning and organizing as I would have liked.

I have accomplished a few things over the past weekend.

I made two shirts – bleached out Mickey shirts – and have two white t-shirts ready to tie dye, but can’t dye them till I have Joe’s white tee and one for Katie (just cause she should have one!)

Here are the shirts I did for Lesley and myself:
2012-04-12+07.55.03.jpg

I bleached a purple tee and Joe drew Mickey in it for me.

I love the way Lesley’s orange tee turned out:
2012-04-10+19.37.14.jpg

and Lesley purchased these at Ft. Legune the other day:
passes.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...ABC8/2NV5pOkL-Gg/s481/2012-04-10+19.37.14.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...ABC8/2NV5pOkL-Gg/s481/2012-04-10+19.37.14.jpg

YAY!!! Park Passes!!!! I still have to buy three one day passes, since the military deal is only for four days but I have plenty of time to go do that.

and I e-bayed 50 pins for Lesley and I to trade with at Disney World. Joe claims not be a pin trading fan, though he does love pins and was tickled pink when I traded for a Mr. Incredible pin once.;)

2012-04-17+21.38.22.jpg

And now, on to the “Must Do’s “ at Hollywood Studios.

MUST DO’s in Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast show – its on my list every year and we have never managed to see it.
Tower of Terror – Lesley will pass on this, but the rest of us will have a blast!
Toy Story Mania!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Muppet Vision 3-D – another one I have yet to ever see!
The Great Movie Ride
Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream. I do think we have seen this on TV but I never manage to see it at the parks.
Magic of Disney Animation – this is a new every time attraction. my artist hubby loves to show me up and its just plain fun!
Studio Backlot Tour
Toy Story Mania

Phineas and Ferb! I have to find them!! They made their debut right after our last trip, so I really want to catch them.

May Do
Fantasmic! We do love this fireworks display, but I’m not sure if we will catch it. I am not willing to sit in the stands for an hour before hand just to get a spot—there’s just so much else to do!!! But if we are there when they have two showings, then we will hit the later showing.

Lights Motors Action -
Voyage of the Little Mermaid – will it be the same without my little girl next to me?
Rock n Roller Coaster – Joe loves this ride, but I have never been on it yet. Truthfully, I am so NOT and Aerosmith fan. Sure, they have one or two songs I like but man they have some songs that are like Chinese Water Torture to me.

Star Tours – I don’t think that I will do this ride, but Joe, Lesley and Colin probably will.

MUST DO things at the Magic Kingdom

Rope Drop!!
Jungle Cruise
New / original Tiki room -The Tiki room was closed the last time we were at MK and I am looking forward to seeing the "new" original tiki room show. I was not wild about the "new management" one.
Splash Mountain--I love a good log flume ride, and whats more fun than all the theming of Brer Rabbit and friends?
Aladdin’s Magic Carpets....those spitting camels crack me up every time!
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Riverboat --we never seem to get the timing right for the Riverboat, so here's hoping we can this time!
Haunted Mansion
New Goofy’s Barnstormer this was Katie's first "big girl" coaster, and it was closed off last year, so we are looking forward to checking it and the new improvement out this June.
New Dumbo
PhilharMagic This is one of Lesley's favorites.
Space Mountain I've never done this, but there's alwasy a first, right?
Carousel of Progress
Buzz Light Year ssshhhh I actually like this ride MORE than TSM! :goodvibes
Stitch
Monster’s Inc Comedy Club

what dyou think, any that I have missed that are awesome?? or that I should pass on ? we have some that we may skip because Katie is not with us, but we'll see. I would be happy to do EVERY ride there is but that won't work with my "relaxing pace" this trip. what's a girl to do?

I missed the last update as well, so sorry about that! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE the trek. So much fun. I do know what you mean about buffets, they are perfect for a child still on the kids plan as it gives them SO many more choices. We are out of that age range but it worked well for us then. How exciting that Colin may be able to go!

The tees are adorable and YAY for park passes and pins! Reminds me that I should order some traders for the kids for this summer.

The tees are so cute! Wish I was creative like that, although I am sure they are not that hard to make.

Cute pins. I always forget that you can get pins off ebay. I probably should buy a bunch for my nephews for this summer.

Great list of Must - do's. We have many of the same!

I missed the last update as well, so sorry about that! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE the trek. So much fun. I do know what you mean about buffets, they are perfect for a child still on the kids plan as it gives them SO many more choices. We are out of that age range but it worked well for us then. How exciting that Colin may be able to go!

The tees are adorable and YAY for park passes and pins! Reminds me that I should order some traders for the kids for this summer.

Sadly. now we know that Colin is not going with us. :sad1: Joe was esprcially looking forward to some guy time but the three of us will have a blast.

The tees are so cute! Wish I was creative like that, although I am sure they are not that hard to make.

Cute pins. I always forget that you can get pins off ebay. I probably should buy a bunch for my nephews for this summer.

Great list of Must - do's. We have many of the same!
i love making the tees. i just bought tees for katie and joe yesterday on sale so am going to do my tie dye mickey's today (i think!!)

I have fun pin trading, but don't do it for any particular sets, just for pins that I like. I have quite an eclectic group of pins at home now. I framed some by putting them on a Disney print and putting it in a frame.

Hi Mary Ellen. Subbing, but I'll be back to catch up!
YAY! Catching up should not take too long here! :hug:

So here is the last of my park must do's. I realize that I am setting myself up to fail because I can't take a liesurely pace and still do everything I want to do. :lmao:

MUST DO’s in Epcot

I have to split Epcot into the World Showcase attractions, and then all of the assorted attractions at the “front of the park”

Soarin! Joe and I have only done this once and loved it! and I know that it’s a favorite of Colin and Lesley so we will absolutely be hitting this one, and more than once if possible!
Spaceship Earth – can you believe that I have never been on this ride? sheesh! I actually often got it mixed up with Mission:Space and did not feel the need to hurl at Disney world.
Kim Possible….or will it be Where’s Perry? I read that they were refreshing this and am hoping its ready by June. Ok this one may wait till next year when Katie is with us. Depends on crowd levels at the park.
IllumiNations: This is Joe’s absolute favorite fireworks display. OF COURSE we’ll see it! and hopefully with a drink in hand!
The Land – this is another attraction we’ve never been able to get to. This trip we will spend a few hours just in the front of the park checking out the many things we have missed in the past.
Circle of Life –I never even knew this existed and I don’t remember ever seeing anyone review it.
Figment
Innoventions – I missed this in ’11 and want to see what fun new displays they have now.
Maelstrom
Universe of Energy….After Dory, Ellen DeGeneres has grown on me.

The American Adventure
Voices of Liberty
O Canada!
Grand Fiesta Tour – I love this ride. Donald cracks me up. and now that Katie has pointed out that Donald actually says “SOB” in two of her Mickey shorts, I will have to watch the footage closer on this ride!
National Treasures in the American Pavilion
Reflections of China
Impressions de France
Off Kilter (or other band in UK)
MO’ROCKIN

I also just discovered this morning a Yacht & Beach Club thread that has me thinking I totally need to leave more time for the resort and lounging!

I need a smilie with EGG on my face...HOW did I miss that you had a PTR Mary Ellen? I KNEW you were going back, I just...don't...know...how I missed it?!? I know you are very excited and you have a lot planned. I am sorry Colin will not be able to join you all though.

I vote for more time to rest and lounge! :thumbsup2

Hon, sorry I got so far behind. Work, engagement and being in Florida for a week have me totally behind on everything.

I love the Mickey t-shirts!

SGothic]IllumiNations: This is Joe’s absolute favorite fireworks display. OF COURSE we’ll see it! and hopefully with a drink in hand![/SIZE]
[[/COLOR]

Is there any other way to see Illuminations? :rotfl:

You do have quite the list for Epcot must-dos. I would really like to see Reflections of China again. It's been too long.

I did not know they were changing KP. Interesting.

I need a smilie with EGG on my face...HOW did I miss that you had a PTR Mary Ellen? I KNEW you were going back, I just...don't...know...how I missed it?!? I know you are very excited and you have a lot planned. I am sorry Colin will not be able to join you all though.

I vote for more time to rest and lounge! :thumbsup2

LOL Judy - how did I miss that I had visitors on my little 'ol PTR ! This is definitely a layed back easy going PTR. I confess, since I was forced to limit my caffeine to 8-12 oz a day (coffee, diet coke, tea, etc) I find that by 9:30 pm I am yawning all over the place and by 10 pm I am usually dead asleep, in my living room chair, with my fingers resting either on my laptop keyboard or my nook. Add to that the fact that my fanny does not even grace the seat of my chair till about 9:15 when Katie is tucked in, and you can see that my DIS and online time is majorly cut back (I used to be up till 11:30 - 12 pm).

so trust me, I KNOW how hard it is to get around on the boards (and you are 100 times more busy than me Judy!)

thanks for stopping!!

I meant to say I :love::love:LOVE :love::love: this.
Thanks! I love that my hubby joined in my Dis creative clothing. And recycling stained tees is a big win for me!

Hon, sorry I got so far behind. Work, engagement and being in Florida for a week have me totally behind on everything.

I love the Mickey t-shirts!
:goodvibesNO worries Kathy - I am way behind too! Did you have a great time with Nicki? (oh and Mark to:rotfl:) I know you probably posted more about it.but have not gotten over lately. boo me

Is there any other way to see Illuminations? :rotfl:

You do have quite the list for Epcot must-dos. I would really like to see Reflections of China again. It's been too long.

I did not know they were changing KP. Interesting.
ME - I looked at my Epcot to dos and broke them up into smaller groups, since when I looked at my final schedules it turns out that we effectively will be hitting Epcot almost every day for a few hours. and I did take a few things out.

Funny last year Joe and I thought that 8 days in the parks was just a bt too much, we were wiped. but now I am thinking 5 days is just no where near enough:rotfl2:. anybody know how to freeze time so we can have more park time AND still sleep???:listen:

Poor Joe, after being up all day Friday, going to a dance with Katie Friday night, going to work midnight - 8 am, he's trying to catch just a few minutes more sleep before going back to work at 4 p.m. and the door bell rings.

Its the mail man.

UGH What did Mary Ellen order now? he is wondering.:scratchin

Florida Hospital? what the heck? :eek:

popcorn::
popcorn::

so he does what any good hubby would do after being woken up with very little sleep.

he opens it!

DisneyOneDayPasses.jpg

YAY!

If you were not aware of this, and you need one day park passes, by making a donation to the Florida Hospital for Children, you are gifted one day park passes to Disney World. (the link above takes you to the page) In my book this is a total win win. The donation is not tax deductible, because you receive a gift in kind, however, your money really is going to the Children's Hospital, and you accomplish your goal of tickets, and its a few dollars less than buying the ticket a the gate. For us, because Lesley already purchased the 4 day hoppers at the commissary for the military discount, this was a great set up. Now we have our three one day park passes, plus $20 at Planet Hollywood.

oh, did I mention that we will be in Disney World in

36 days!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I know, I am an updating fool this morning. But I also downloaded pictures from the Daddy Daughter girl scout dance on Friday and some silliness that I thought I'd share. No Joe pics though, he is not a fan of being on the Internet. :(

Katie, side view, on our back deck

042812Katie_outsideblur.jpg

My big girl, in her brand new high heels, all ready for the dance. The dress she is wearing is the hawaiian print dress she bought at the Polynesian last year at Disney. No, we are not addicted to Disney at all....:rolleyes1

042812Katie.jpg

My diva
042812_KatieDivaGirl.jpg

the music starting...
042812dance36.jpg

The dance floor filled up right after this.

I love the new editing tools on photobucket. (haven't been here in a while)
042812_dancinqueenfunky.jpg

and yesterday Katie and I spent the day with my mom & family - we picked up my niece & nephew in the morning, took a visit to see my 96 year old grandfather
042912_evenmoresilliness.jpg

042912_girlssitonalex.jpg

AFter our visit, we went to my mom's and hung out. Mom and I played two games of scrabble and the kids played, then we went to my sister's where they played some more. I hadn't spent much time with my family lately so this was a nice refreshing and relaxing day.

ok I need to drag myself away from the computer now & make some french toast for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter