Hi-
I'm pretty sure that any corkscrew is allowed. I found the information on Seat Guru.

Have Fun!

We've gotten corkscrews from room service, but they are the small ones that are only corkscrews. They rely on a lot of force to actually remove the cork for the bottle.

I am looking for a travel cork screw with out the foil knife. I know I may be able to get one from our room steward but I'm sure we will use it on other trips. Favorites? One's to avoid?

Thanks!:)

If you are traveling after April 25, 2013, you should be fine with a waiter's key/corkscrew.

Knives permitted under the policy must be able to fold up and have blades that are 2.36 inches (60 millimeters) or less in length and are less than a half-inch (127 millimeters) wide. The policy is aimed at allowing passengers to carry pen knives, corkscrews with small blades and other small knives.

I'm so relieved corkscrews are now allowed on planes. I have had at least 3 confiscated in the past. Now one permanently lives in my suitcase.

I think waiter's style corkscrews are the best for travel, as they fold neatly and are easy to use. Don't cheap out. I've always liked the Screwpull waiter's, which I think they renamed to something else (I'm sure google can tell you). The bottlecap opener is pretty anemic but it's got a two-step hinge that can be very helpful with extra-long corks. In my experience, the two-step hinge is worth the extra money. The Screwpull run in the $20 range.

Okay, I looked it up and the Screwpull is now being sold as Le Creuset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter