We are OOP people because we truly enjoy having water with our meals over soda and only two of us really like desserts, so the dining plans just don't make sense for us.

It looks like your kids are still Disney kids. Do they enjoy the kids' meals or will they want more adult like fare? (If kids meals, DP may save you more, if adult OOP will work better) Can you spend the time you have planning some good QS meals so DH doesn't end up eating hamburgers and chicken all week? (OOP again) Will you be happy with mostly QS with a few really good TS thrown in for the full Disney experience? (OOP again) Do you want to use TS for your "down/rest" time since you're not headed back to the hotel for a rest? (DDP better) Are you ALL soda/tea drinkers and dessert eaters? (DDP again) Will DH have a coronary when he sees the price of meals? (DDP again)

There are probably more variables, but that should get you started (and perhaps the conversation with other DISers too).

All depends on how your fam eats. We drink pop, and we love dessert with our meal, so the DP makes sense for us. Plus my son LOVES to snack a lot, so none of our credits go to waste. LOL. But if you dont drink pop and if you prefer apps over dessert then maybe you should go OOP. Esp if you dont neccesarily plan on going to 1 TS each day.

I've saved my receipts and OOP we spent way less $$ than the cost of the DDP. Probably got less food than if we'd DDP, but we still ate 3 TS over 7 days and the rest CS (which is a ratio I like. I wouldn't want no TS, but one a day is too much for us) and got snacks when wanted. I never felt that we were limiting ourselves due to money.

I think this is a helpful article
http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/figu...isney-dining-plans-make-sense-for-your-group/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter