300 or 1600 Loop?

CLynnJones

DIS Veteran
I just read on Jeff Spencer's site that the 300 loop has been made a definate pet loop. At the time we made our reservations they couldn't guarantee that so we requested Loop 1600 to be safe. We will have 2 older ladies with us, so being closer to the marina, etc., would be great. The reason I question switching back now though is that in addition to our 30 ft motorhome we may put up 2 tents and would like to put up a food canopy if we have room. I am thinking that the 1600 loop sites are larger. Is this right?

You are correct, the 300 loops seem to be smaller than the other dog loops, but the 1600 loop sites seem to me to be smaller than 1700-1900. Even if you stay on the 300 loop, you might need to catch a bus to get to the Settlement area, if you have people who need to conserve energy.

Did you tell them when you made the reservations that you'd have tents? We usually do and have always had a large enough site.

Have fun!
Barbara
196 days to go

Some sites on the 300 loop are spacious enough for your needs, but pretty much all of them are on 1800 &1900. A negative to requesting 1700 or 1600, we've found that about a quarter of the sites back up to the road and you get bus noise until 2am and again starting at 6am.

We were in the 300 loop (lot 340), and it is a pet loop! Our lot was very tight, we have a 34' 5th wheel, DH pulled as far to the back side as he could (almost on the dirt) and we did not have room for the table on the front side of the trailer we had to put it in the back of the trailer and we were not able to use it (no room). I did see a few of the lots on the 300 loop that looked like they had more room. I would call FW and let them know what you need, hopefully they will be able to help.

Thanks alot! You guys are great! Can you believe I am such a lughead I never mentioned the tents when I made the reservations. I just called and CR put me on hold to call FW directly about the tents, she came back and said that we would only have room for 1 tent.
I thought I saw sites with more than 1 tent. Am I just thinking of the tents sites without the motorhomes? I guess I was getting a bit carrried away thinking I could put up 2 tents AND a dining tent???? I told the lady from CR that I didn't care which loop, just so it was a pet loop and roomy I won't be picky. There will be 10 of us there over the Christmas/New Year holidays including my 62 yo dm and here friend Peg. I just want everyone to be happy and as comfortable as possible. Do you think I should fax FW directly? When would be good to fax, maybe 1 now and one 1 week prior? Does anyone have any sample requests? Sorry to be so long-winded and thanks so much for your help campingcorgi and aristocats, I would have been in trouble if not for your advice about informing CR about the tents!!

My advice is just to request a spacious site in 1600-1900. You will certainly have enough room for all 3 items. Are your tents really large? I've seen some of the new 4 room tents at the sports store. If they are just the usual 8x8 or 8x10 type, you should be fine. I've seen set-ups that would pass for a village in some parts of the world - RV, awning, screenroom, a couple of tents; then there are those who tow a pop-up with the motorhome & set that up behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter