300+ Minute Wait for Radiator Springs Racers

:rotfl2: Reading all of this was totally expected that we took advantage of the Annual Passholder preview this past weekend and paid $50 each to see Buena Vista & Carsland with a small crowd. We rode the racers 3 times and Maters Jamboree. We shopped and had lunch at Flo's and got our cone cup souvneirs and also McQueen popcorn bucket. All this is now out of our system for a few months. :cool1:

This is one of the main reasons we are paying premium dollars to stay onsite next month. We will be lining up for our early entry to CA and heading straight for that ride. I'm hoping for an hour or less also. :thumbsup2

If you are getting to the EMH entrance before "rope drop" and heading straight to RSR, you won't be waiting an hour. You may not even be waiting 10 minutes.

What worries me with all this is not meeting the height at the final check. I wish they would just check when you get in and you were good to go. DS is 39.75 inches (without shoes) It really is 50 50 that he'll get on. I'd hate to wait for even over an hour to find out that he would be turned away. Of course, we aren't going for 2 months, so he's growing and maybe lines will die down some. Glad we are staying onsite. (though I imagine all three hotel guests will really be trying to take advantage of those early hours!) Hopefully everyone likes to sleep in.

Yeah, if the lines are out the door (before the height check), then you'll want to go ride another 40" tall ride first to make sure. There are several in DCA.

That the ride had a down time less than an hour into the day. We were there at 10AM and they told RR was down and had no idea when it would be up. I gather they did get it running.

Matterhorn also didn't get off the ground running today either, it was after 10 or 11 that it finally got running.

We, of course, had to leave at 10, so we missed it.

Dolby1000

That the ride had a down time less than an hour into the day. We were there at 10AM and they told RR was down and had no idea when it would be up. I gather they did get it running.

Matterhorn also didn't get off the ground running today either, it was after 10 or 11 that it finally got running.

We, of course, had to leave at 10, so we missed it.

Dolby1000

What did you get to do before 10AM?

What did you get to do before 10AM?

Deciding to avoid the massive crowds at CL, we decided to be at DL early to get on the Matterhorn.

Fail. :sad1:

They emptied the queue at 8:30, so, making lemons, we rode several of the dark rides, took the train back to Fantasy land at 9:30, the queue was re-openned, but the ride was not. The queue was over an hour long and we had a plane to catch, so we had to miss it.

Since the entry to DCA had empied out (rather quickly IMHO), we did get a quick (ha ha) walk through Carsland before getting our ride to the airport. I did get a a few pics, at least, and I can say we were there.

I would love to say the energy was fantastic, but with RR being down while we were there, it was more of a mood of desparation. The other two rides had long, long rides and the fastpass machines for RR were turned off.

Doby1000

Wow that makes me kind of glad that we won't get there until September. Two to three hour lines are hard, but six hours? Not going to happen with me.

Rest assured that the wait time for RSR is a bit inflated, since the ride was down a large part of the day. Even when the ride was not running, the line stretched all the way down to pacific wharf, and back. No one seemed willing to leave the queue. I think it may take a few weeks to figure out what the 'normal' wait time might be for RSR.

Dolby, we were in that Matterhorn queue this morning when they emptied the queue. We were all the way up to the loading gates, standing on our numbers, waiting to load. :( We did ride it later in the afternoon.

Both RSR and the Matterhorn Bobsleds have single rider lines. Use them if you can.

If you really don't care about riding by yourself use the single rider line at RSR. I did several times today and I never waited more than 45 min, even when it said it was 120 min.

Rest assured that the wait time for RSR is a bit inflated, since the ride was down a large part of the day. Even when the ride was not running, the line stretched all the way down to pacific wharf, and back. No one seemed willing to leave the queue. I think it may take a few weeks to figure out what the 'normal' wait time might be for RSR.

Dolby, we were in that Matterhorn queue this morning when they emptied the queue. We were all the way up to the loading gates, standing on our numbers, waiting to load. :( We did ride it later in the afternoon.

Both RSR and the Matterhorn Bobsleds have single rider lines. Use them if you can.

So how are the new ride vehicle's on the matterhorn? Comfy? Tight?

I ask because my son is 6' 5" rugby player who finds space mtn tight and he is wondering about the new vehicles on matterhorn. And his mother (me) :lmao: who birthed this rather large child is not a tiny woman either :rotfl2: rather tall myself and wide in the hips and shoulders

So how are the new ride vehicle's on the matterhorn? Comfy? Tight?

I ask because my son is 6' 5" rugby player who finds space mtn tight and he is wondering about the new vehicles on matterhorn. And his mother (me) :lmao: who birthed this rather large child is not a tiny woman either :rotfl2: rather tall myself and wide in the hips and shoulders

I'm probably not the one to ask, as I'm 5'2". The first seat, while elevated off the floor a couple of inches, doesn't seem to have the leg room of the second & third seat. I rode both in the front seat and then in the back seat. the back seat lets your legs rest rather like the old car where your legs go forward, against the sides of the car, and you really are sitting on the floor of the vehicle, like the old bobsleds. I was more comfortable in the back seats, and I'm not that tall.

I'm probably not the one to ask, as I'm 5'2". The first seat, while elevated off the floor a couple of inches, doesn't seem to have the leg room of the second & third seat. I rode both in the front seat and then in the back seat. the back seat lets your legs rest rather like the old car where your legs go forward, against the sides of the car, and you really are sitting on the floor of the vehicle, like the old bobsleds. I was more comfortable in the back seats, and I'm not that tall.

Back seat it is then, thanks!

My short mother can sit in the front :lmao:

[QUOTEThe Touring Plans app was listing a Posted wait time of 365 minutes for Radiator Springs Racers. Sheesh, over 6 hours.

The current wait time is 300 minutes on that app. I wonder when they'll stop letting people get in line, if the park closes at 11pm tonight. Otherwise, people might be still riding after 3am.][/QUOTE]

My DD left work as a CM last night at 10:30pm and the line for RSR was still listed at 3 hours, and yes as long as they're in line by closing they get to ride, so those poor CM's working RSR would have to work into the morning hours.

MouseWait is only showing a 135 minute wait. I know that app is updated by current users in the park. Who updates Touring Plan?

They use a combination of statistical data and user entries. They usually have an "estimated wait time", which combines the statistics over the past decade and a "posted wait time", which is what has been currently entered by users. My experience has been that the "estimated wait time" is more often than not more accurate than the "posted wait time", but for CarsLand that might not be the case because there's not a lot of past statistical data ;)

As I watched both apps on my phone yesterday, I was very confused by the discrepancy between wait times on TP vs MW until I read here that MW has a 135 minute maximum. My DD said yesterday the lines for RSR went from 3 hours to 7 hours, so I think TP was more accurate.

We happened to be there the day that Nemo opened, and I recall 3+ hour lines. I couldn't believe people (with small children, no less!) were still getting in line!
I don't get it. :confused3

We were there that day too. Even first thing the next morning the wait was 60 minutes. No way were we even doing that with our small children.

I'm a HUGE fan of mousewait, and hope they change it to reflect wait times of more than 135 min. On the other hand, if it's more than 135 min. - is it worth anyone's time to even bother?

So happy that we changed our summer plans. We were going to take our first visit to DL this summer. But instead we just came back from WDW. We are from PIttsburgh, PA so DL would be "once in a lifetime trip". Carsland: "See ya in Summer 2013":thumbsup2 Thank goodness

So happy that we changed our summer plans. We were going to take our first visit to DL this summer. But instead we just came back from WDW. We are from PIttsburgh, PA so DL would be "once in a lifetime trip". Carsland: "See ya in Summer 2013":thumbsup2 Thank goodness
What is not being talked about much are the lines for other rides not in CL.

Right now it is 5PM in Socal and TP's Lines reports:

DL

BTMRR - 13 min
HM - 12 min
Indy - 34 min
PP - 25 min
POTC - 7 min
SM - 39 min
Splash - 38 min
ST - 25 min

DCA

CA Screamin - 14 min
GRR - 22 min
Soarin - 12 min
ToT - 46 min
TSMM - 31 min

Bottom line from what I see and know to be long or short lines at DLR? All lines at things other than Cars Land are pretty darn short. Except for ToT for some reason. I am not there but with that wait time of 46 minutes I suspect it must have been down today.

So many folks are talking about crowds as if the sky is falling. On Day 2 of the "new DLR" it is really only Cars Land that has the crowds. Not sure how this will continue throughout the summer but I and some others here have been prognosticating this for the last couple months. DL will look normal this summer (if not lower than normal with so many drawn to DCA) and DCA will look fairly normal except for CL.

So you may be congratulating yourself a little prematurely. And for summer of 2013, maybe there will be something else new to bring in crowds. Disney is always working to have something new every summer.

I genuinely hope your 2013 trip works out great for you. :) If Cars Land is important to you then I think it is safe to say CL crowds will be way down in 2013 so that may all turn out for the best.

:wizard:

What is not being talked about much are the lines for other rides not in CL.

Right now it is 5PM in Socal and TP's Lines reports:

DL

BTMRR - 13 min
HM - 12 min
Indy - 34 min
PP - 25 min
POTC - 7 min
SM - 39 min
Splash - 38 min
ST - 25 min

DCA

CA Screamin - 14 min
GRR - 22 min
Soarin - 12 min
ToT - 46 min
TSMM - 31 min

Bottom line from what I see and know to be long or short lines at DLR? All lines at things other than Cars Land are pretty darn short. Except for ToT for some reason. I am not there but with that wait time of 46 minutes I suspect it must have been down today.

So many folks are talking about crowds as if the sky is falling. On Day 2 of the "new DLR" it is really only Cars Land that has the crowds. Not sure how this will continue throughout the summer but I and some others here have been prognosticating this for the last couple months. DL will look normal this summer (if not lower than normal with so many drawn to DCA) and DCA will look fairly normal except for CL.

So you may be congratulating yourself a little prematurely. And for summer of 2013, maybe there will be something else new to bring in crowds. Disney is always working to have something new every summer.

I genuinely hope your 2013 trip works out great for you. :) If Cars Land is important to you then I think it is safe to say CL crowds will be way down in 2013 so that may all turn out for the best.

:wizard:

This is exactly what DH and I have been focusing on, and you are right, HydroGuy, it looks like the rest of the attractions will be pleasantly available. I am willing to wait in extraordinary lines, once per CL ride, in order to experience them, but beyond that I confess I hope CL continues to draw the crowd. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter