30 Years of WDW Service

Haeg

WDW Mom's Panelist Loser
Today, Nov. 9, 2006 we saw a CM that works in the watch shop along main street receive congrats and warms wishes from several other CM's. They were celebrating 30 years of dedicated service for the below picture gentlemen, and his name is, would you believe, WALT. This is the award he recieved, it was presented to him in the middle of main street.
CM on left...

DSC00259.jpg

It's nice to see that - lots of companies would not do something so special.
Thanks for the nice vibe :goodvibes

That is a GREAT accomplishment! He obviously loves what he does.

Congrats WALT!

:)

Oh that's great! Being a former CM nothing is more important than celebrating CM milestnones. There was much hoopla when I got my 5 year pin, wow 30 years!
We were in Epcot right where you are in the centre of the world and there were some new hires with thier trainer then all of a sudden there was a overhead annoucment welcoming them to the family. I miss that soo much.

That's great! I think it says alot that it was done where the public could congratulate him too. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting!

A job well done, and a big Thank You goes to "WALT" for being apart of the magic for so many years, Congratulations

He's probably up to $10/hour by now!

Anyways, nice to see that some people enjoy their work enough to make it a lifetime.

There is a CM in Fantasyland who is the only person I know there since MK opened. He wears the official 'Magic Kingdom Opening Day' pin. He loves his job.

I love the fact the cm's are so proud of their jobs and how they contribute to the magic. I was surprised not to find that in DL. It seemed that there was a higher turn over there and consequently a little less magic (only my opinion).

I have a cousin that works for WDW in the Art Department. He, too, has been there for close to 30 years if not more than that. To give you an idea of how long he has been there, he helped do some of the artwork and painting on IASW. I have been able to see some of the gifts that he has received for all of those years of service. It's very cool!

Rayn said:
There is a CM in Fantasyland who is the only person I know there since MK opened. He wears the official 'Magic Kingdom Opening Day' pin. He loves his job.

We met another Opening Day Cast Member when we were down in early October. Linda, one of the BEST waitresses you could ever ask for, over at Crystal Palace. We were there for our combined much-too-belated-hunnymoon, my wife's birthday, and her first trip ever to Disney. Linda went SO far out of her way to make sure we had a great time that we made sure to stop at Guest Services & write her up for special recognition.

She was there ever since the soft opening in September, 1971; coincidently the same time I started going to WDW! We were able to share a lot of "old" WDW memories.

In case she's on this board or if any CM happens to be on here, read this, & know Linda, yes, we still remember you & STILL sing your praises!

Enjoy the Magic!

Congradulations to Walt for helping to spread the magic for 30 years. It's a wonderful thing. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter