30 free prints worth it??

Jimmysmom0703

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone w a photo rep who said if u purchase ur photo cd on line for full price, u get 30 free 5x7..total price for cd n prints..about $185..is it worth it??

We typically don't order prints from Disney, we just do some borders and stuff and order the CD, then upload what we want printed to Shutterfly, which often gives out free prints themselves.

We typically order over 250 pictures from our vacations though, between photopass pics and our normal camera pics. If you're only planning on getting 30-50 pictures or so, this might be a good deal. I think we ordered the CD in advance and took the $50 discount that was given.

I don't think so. You can buy the Photopass+ online for $149 and it includes photos for some rides, attractions, and dining locations.
disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers

You can usually find at least 4x7 size prints for free from Wmart, Wgreens/drugstores, and a host of other online sites when you join. They all run free print promotions for just about every holiday (real and made up :joker: ). 4x7 usually cost 9 to 15 cents to print and 5x7 30 to 65 cents.

30 prints at Costco will cost you less than $5. Or if you go to a more expensive place for photos like Target, it'll still be less than $10.

I edit and print all of my own photos. I can't see any justification for paying Disney to take my pictures for me, and/or have to pay Disney for the right to download my pics from their site. Disney's photo services probably have the best profit margin of anything they offer or sell.

I edit and print all of my own photos. I can't see any justification for paying Disney to take my pictures for me, and/or have to pay Disney for the right to download my pics from their site. Disney's photo services probably have the best profit margin of anything they offer or sell.

It's nice to have professionals (at least on some level) take your family pics, instead of constantly asking strangers to take them with a much lesser camera (roughly 99% of people in the parks have lesser cameras than what the photopass photagraphers use, I'd guess) or not getting the entire group in the shot because you have to take the picture yourself. I think the service is more than worth it, I just wouldn't pay to have them print and ship the photos.

Just got off the phone w a photo rep who said if u purchase ur photo cd on line for full price, u get 30 free 5x7..total price for cd n prints..about $185..is it worth it??

Who even print photos anymore? Scrapbookers? Everything is a slide show on the computer or TV in our house these days.

If I had known how "inexpensive" the photopass service was on my previous trips, I probably would have pre-ordered it. I will likely pre-order it for my next trip.

This will depend on whether you've already finished your trip or whether your trip is still to come.

If you haven't gone on your trip and have more than 14 days to go, then the prepaid offer gives you a $50 discount off the full retail price. It is worth ordering it IF you think you're going to seek out the PP photographers and will want the pictures. As the others have pointed out, prints are quite cheap to do once you have the files on the CD.

If you've completed your trip and have a bunch of pictures that you want to print (and a bunch more that you want but can't justify printing through Disney), and the print costs are almost the same as purchasing the photo cd, then you might as well get the photo cd with the 30 free 5 x 7 prints thrown in.

I just ordered one for our 12/22-1/2/14 trip. I will have both my DD, SIL, 2MDWGS, AND DH with me. We are planning on a very magical time together, and want lots of photos to remember it by. The price is worth the dining and ride photos being included. It was $149.00
I believe if you split up, you can have more than 1 photo pass of pictures put on your CD!
Can hardly wait, hope to have Photopass Photographer take a pic of all of our magic banded hands together holding Tinkerbell! Now, don't steal my photo idea!:rotfl2:

Thank u everyone for your advice..I think we are going to skip it n do our own photos!! Everyone have a great trip!!

We had a trip this past July and purchased the photopass+ package. It was pricey but I think we got a good value from it. We have several ride photos and restaurant photos that I would not have bought otherwise and we made sure to get the photopass photographers to get our picture whenever we could. Considering how expensive the photopass photos are (which in my opinion is close to highway robbery, $15 for a 5x7 digital print? I can get the same thing at CVS for $1.00) it's worth it as long as you make sure you use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter