• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** 30 Days and Counting Down - Mixie's 3 Go To Disney **

No, hubby didn't get approval for his vacation time until about a month ago. And I've never had a pin code. :sad1:

Hi Mixie! I have been off for a while. Love the pictures!!!! Thanks also for posting photopass locations!!!!

Any time I run across a useful page I post a link here. Any useful tips, I'm posting them here. Saves me from having to remember and track it down again. :lmao:

Whoo hoo! Got my DME luggage tags in the mail today! Just makes it seem more real!

Been trying for days to get a Fantasmic reservation with no luck. Will keep trying right up until we leave...

Decided to do dinner at Tusker House for our last full day at Disney. Friday is our AK day - got a reservation for 7:00 pm, just as the park is closing anyway.

Found out about Mini-golf! Didn't even know it existed. Perhaps we can do that after Friday dinner - or we'll just go back to the hotel and swim. Something to try and do another visit.

Alternatively, if Saturday has poor weather for BB, we can go mini-golfing instead.

Well, my inlaws have officially declined to join us for a day - they are going to be out of state when we are there.

That's both good, and bad. I like my inlaws in small doses - and this would have been a small dose. But I know my MIL wouldn't really like a water park - she's more a sit-on-the-beach kind of person rather than swim-and-play-in-the-water type person, so she would not have really enjoyed herself.

But ... it would have been a chance for all of us to be together - it's been 2 years since we all got to see each other at once. Shame to miss that.

Oh well - done is done, I guess.

Hi mixie! Cute bathing suit. I am wanting a new one but I really dont think we will swim much while there and even if DD wants to I am not sure I will get in DH can get it with her. My mom and dad are putting in a pool so I for sure what to get one soon for their house!!!!

I love to swim. I can see at least 3 nights at the hotel pool and that last half day we'll be going to blizzard beach. After this unpleasant winter, I'm looking forward to some time in the sun!

What'll be hard is coming back home to middlin temperatures after a week in Florida!

And I *so* wish we could have a pool! I envy your parents!!!

All caught up now, joined a bit late on, your plans sound great :thumbsup2 Belly dancers sounds fun, haven’t been to Marrakesh you will need to do a TR with details :surfweb: We too plan a relaxing evening following AK as you do not seem to be as tired following an AK day as you do with other parks, don’t know if it is because you get around AK quicker :confused3

Can I ask what La Nouba is?

FP for sorin and test track are like hot potatoes, we managed to head straight for soarin wait in queue, not v big as it was just opened, then get FP for test track which work out good. Def RNRR FP first at HS. TT tends to be a wait for the boys whilst us girls are in seeing Beaty and the beast, saves time on wait when some don't want to do TT and some don't want to do the show.

I am with you on the DDP :confused3 we sort of got our heads around how it works this trip but had to keep a running total so we could compare from our last trip, we did save money not on DDP. Still have lots to learn on it, hoping next trip we get even better on understanding things.

Purely personal but EMH (early) hours are great, you can fit lots in, the EMH (late) tend to be must busier , we find having a touring plan on these mornings makes it well worth it. This visit we used EMH (early) at lot at MK especially. We arrived at gates for 7:30am in the park for 8:00am straight to fantasyland rode Dumbo, philiarmagic, pooh, snow white, it’s a small world and the carousel all by 9:30am then things slowed down a little.

We didn’t book pre-photopass discount this year and regretted it when we got home, cost a fortune as there was so many good memories which we hadn’t captured, we’ll def do it next time.

Love all the links you had added, it will not be long before you go now :goodvibes

Welcome to my PTR! I keep feeling like I should be doing 100 things per day before this trip but I seem to be at a standstill - just waiting! LOL!

Personally, I think of AK as a zoo with cool stuff to do - if you approach it that way, rather than as a regular Disney park - you enjoy it much more. I'm looking forward to that day - last full day we are there, a bit slower pace, our last ADR of the trip, and hopefully not that crowded since Epcot and MK are both open late that day.

La Nouba is the Cirque du Soleil show at Downtown Disney. I took DD last time and we enjoyed it so much I wanted DH to see it (he couldn't go last trip). It's not something to do every time you go - we'll probably not see it again unless the show changes substanially in the future. But if you like excellent acrobatics and a chance to sit and be entertained while at Disney, it's a great option.

What I've read about Toy Story Mania, I was thinking FP for that or do that first and FP RnR. Never been on either of them (have not been to HS since 1996!) so our day at HS will be fun for all. We'll want to do ToT as well. But it's so far off the beaten path, so to speak, that getting FPs for that will be more of a challenge.

Early EMH is great, I agree. DD will never make it to late EMH, she'll be crashing between 9 and 10, I just know it. Give her a few more years to hit teenage and that'll all change. But Early EMH doesn't seem to work well with how this week is flowing except for Thursday at MK. Which is fine. I already have the mindset that we can't see or do everything in one trip anyway.

I'm looking forward to using Photopass. We never have and I'm hoping it'll be worth it. At least I know we can get a refund if it's not how I thought it would be.

Just paid the balance on our ASMu reservations so they would hit on March's CC bill, leaving April's for just trip related purchases.

Soon I think I'm going to make a list of all things needed to purchase for the trip - sunscreen, etc - and pay for them this month, too.

30 Days and Counting! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Time for it to start feeling real!

Get the suitcases and air them out.

Unpack the summer clothes and try them on, wash them to get ready to be packed.

Make a list of things we need and buy anything not on hand at the house.

Compile the itinerary.

But most of all - get excited! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

Ok - further research showed that this is done at several race tracks around the country, including one right here in KY so I'm not going to spend Disney time doing something we can do here at home.

I'll save it for DH's birthday this summer.

Time to work on my packing list. I'll probably edit this several times in the upcoming weeks.

Makeup Case - I have a nice train case for all our bath stuff, very nice.

Toothpaste & 3 toothbrushes with cases
Floss
Bar of soap with case
Contact solution, contact case and rewetting drops for DD, extra contacs
Shampoo & conditioner
Brush & comb
Razor & shaving cream for DH
Deodorant x 3
Sunscreen
Prescription meds for me, DH
Feminine items for me
Assorted pain meds
Bandaids
Qtips
Nailclips
Makeup, cleanser and moisturizer
Noxema

Suitcase #1 - the larger one

Clothes for me:

6 shirts
6 pairs shorts
6 pairs underwear
4 bras
2 pair pajamas with slippers
Sneakers & 3 pair socks
Light jacket
Bathing suit
Hat

Cothes for DH

6 shirts
6 pairs shorts
6 pairs underwear
2 pair pajamas
6 pair socks
Light jacket
Bathing suit

Other items:

Camera battery charger
Phone charger - DH and mine
Extra memory card
Nightlight
DS games

Food items:

Granola bars
Cereal
Apples/oranges
Raisins
Assorted nuts
PB & crackers

Suitcase #2 - the smaller one

Clothes for DD

6 shirts
6 pairs shorts
6 pairs underwear
6 bras
3 pair pajamas
Sneakers & 3 pair socks
Light jacket
Bathing suit
Hat

Small toys, stuffed animals

Carry on luggage:

DS
Books/magazines
Snacks
Gum
Camera
Deck of cards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter