• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 days after projected closing date

skatermom

Mouseketeer
Hello, I am 30 days past closing date and the sellers have not returned their documents. I sb itted mine 4 weeks ago. What are my options at this point? Can this transaction legally be cancelled and monies refunded to me, the buyer?

If you are past the closing date, you can cancel and receive a full refund of all deposited funds.

You mention you returned your documents 4 weeks ago but are also thirty days post closing date per the contract? Typically, the date of the contract is farther out.

But, yes, if the date in your contract says you should have closed has passed, you can cancel the sale Contact the title company and tell them you want out.

There's something wrong (divorce, family issue, unmotivated seller, etc.). Just call your title company and tell them you're done.

The title company will refund all monies as you are well past the listed closing date on your agreement.

Hello, I am 30 days past closing date and the sellers have not returned their documents. I sb itted mine 4 weeks ago. What are my options at this point? Can this transaction legally be cancelled and monies refunded to me, the buyer?
@Sandisw makes a good point though, if OP did indeed submit their docs "4 weeks ago", then those too would have been submitted after the closing date, Either the timeline is off, or something else is going going on here that isn't being shared.

@Sandisw makes a good point though, if OP did indeed submit their docs "4 weeks ago", then those too would have been submitted after the closing date, Either the timeline is off, or something else is going going on here that isn't being shared.
OP clarified dates in a post above.
I returned my documents on 6/12 along with all monies. Closing date was listed as 6/17 and the sellers have yet to notarize and return their documents

I returned my documents on 6/12 along with all monies. Closing date was listed as 6/17 and the sellers have yet to notarize and return their documents

Wow! I have never heard of closing documents arriving so close to the actual closing date if a contract. Thst gave you and seller only 5 days.

Honestly, I’d have probably bailed already given you could have walked as soon as the 18th of June.

OP clarified dates in a post above.
That still doesn't make sense. If the OP was anxious to close the contract (as it seems they are), then either they took a curiously long time to send their docs and funds, or the contract had a super short closing date (5 days later, which I don't think anyone has ever heard of). Still something missing.

It might be useful to look at your actual contract, mine said:
Unless modified by other provisions of this Contract, the closing of this transaction shall occur and
the closing documents required to be furnished by each party pursuant to this Contract within 65 days of the 'Effective
Date"
- the "Effective Date" was the last date on which a party signed the offer.

But, when I had sent in the closing docs and had wired the money, I asked the title company for a closing date. That was on May 2. After a few more emails, the title company said: "We have your contract closing set for May 12". I never got an answer as to whether that meant they already had the seller's docs or not, but in my case the closing did in fact happen on May 12.

So in your case, does your contract actually specify June 17, or is there "within ___ days" that the sellers are now past, etc?

This is the top of my closing docs……is the closing date not an actual closing date? I’m a bit confused now

Attachments

• IMG_1091.png
    IMG_1091.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 23
This is the top of my closing docs……is the closing date not an actual closing date? I’m a bit confused now

This looks like a loan document and not the contract. Thst date may be an estimated date based on documents being returned timely. Or it has to do with the closing date of the loan.

You need to go back to the actual contract you signed and the seller signed to see what date is there.

That is the date in which you can walk away and get your money back. I do think that if documents were received on the 12th of June, over a month ago, it’s a long time for a seller not to have returned but you also need to check the contract before you ask to walk away.

You can find the closing date on your sales agreement that is sent to Disney for ROFR.
IMG_5759.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter