30% code

I just checked; Yom Kippur is October 9th this year. Schools in some parts of the country (like around here) close for the Jewish Holy Days.

Yes, Columbus day is part of the problem. The week before Columbus and the week after are also blackout days too. We are getting there the weekend of Columbus day and I expect the weekend to be pretty crowded but will the entire week after also be as bad? I hope not.

I didn't expect Columbus Day to be as bad as other holidays.
Here in Indiana (or at least in our school district) Columbus Day is not a day off. I am taking my kids out that day because they will be off the Wed. Thurs. and Friday after Columbus Day for fall break. Normally we are off a week later but for some reason they changed it for this year.

Has anyone else been the week of Columbus Day? Is the entire week really busy or just the weekend including Columbus Day?

We are camping at FW that weekend. I figured Columbus Day itself would be pretty busy so we were just going to hang around the campgrounds that day and skip the parks. Are there other days we should do that too?

FYI for anyone else going that weekend: Columbus Day is also a MNSSHP day so it will probably be extra busy. :eek:

I'm wondering the same thing... :confused3 Columbus Day is October 13th. We are at WDW Oct 15 - 22 and I'm hoping it's not too busy. Anyone who has been there around Columbus Day... could you fill us in? popcorn::
Here in Minnesota Columbus Day isn't a holiday either. Our school is on break Oct. 16-17 for MEA workshops and that's why we decided to go the week we did - we only have to pull our son out of school for 4 days.

I'm wondering the same thing... :confused3 Columbus Day is October 13th. We are at WDW Oct 15 - 22 and I'm hoping it's not too busy. Anyone who has been there around Columbus Day... could you fill us in? popcorn::
Here in Minnesota Columbus Day isn't a holiday either. Our school is on break Oct. 16-17 for MEA workshops and that's why we decided to go the week we did - we only have to pull our son out of school for 4 days.

I was there Columbus Day weekend this past year. It is not too bad. You have to remember though that from Sept 26 - Nov. is the epcot food and wine festival. Also on the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend is a 10K race on site. Add in the holiday on the Monday and a couple of MNSSHP and there are quite a few reasons people are going to be there.

Stef♥Tigger;25922242 said:
I just got an email with a 30% off code available for stays most nights 8/10-9/27/08, 10/19-11/1/08, 11/9-11/15/08 and 12/7-12/13/08. Is this for any resorts? Has anyone else used this pin? Thanks :goodvibes

I just recieved the same pin for the same exact dates. I booked the Poly, the CM told me she also had the GF and the Contemp. avail. for the dates I was booking (11-18 Nov) :banana:

The Pindiscribed Mod. Resorts but I wanted one on the Monorail. So I didn't check other resorts.

The Pin came as a result of requesting the DVD Planning video.

This was the first time I recieved a Pin but not the first time to WDW.

I just recieved the same pin for the same exact dates. I booked the Poly, the CM told me she also had the GF and the Contemp. avail. for the dates I was booking (11-18 Nov) :banana:

The Pindiscribed Mod. Resorts but I wanted one on the Monorail. So I didn't check other resorts.

The Pin came as a result of requesting the DVD Planning video.

This was the first time I recieved a Pin but not the first time to WDW.

congratulations!!

Shame that Disney is so saavy now that all discounts seem to exclude those traveling during "Jersey Week" during Teachers Convention first week of November....

Watch out Disney, with this sagging economy, you may need those Jersey folks!!

I personally never travel during that week, but know tons of people who do!

Those are the exact dates of the bounceback that is currently going on and the same days that were on my 40% off deluxe postcard.

I got the 40% OFF for the poly same time frame
looks like they are trying to make it a busy time of the year with all the discount emails and postcards going out
:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter