• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Years in the Making: Our return to WDW...with diapers! SAD NEWS 7/1 page 41

Great update, love the pictures of Dumbo. Seth looks so happy! I have great memories of taking Hannah on her first Dumbo ride and she was about his age....time flies!

The pics of Seth on Dumbo are absolutely adorable! I am so glad y'all had a great first trip with such sweet memories.

Don't laugh, but your last update made me a little misty...in a very good way. It was just so gosh-darned Disney perfect! I miss having a wee tot to take to Disney! Of course, it's tons of fun to go with my big kids, too, but there's nothing like experiencing it with a little one while the magic is real. They grow up a bit and lose the magic for a little while (but not the love for WDW), and then they grow up a bit more and all the magic comes flooding back again, twofold.

Thanks so much for sharing your family with us!!

Whew...all caught up. As you can see by my signature pic I have been a little busy and haven't had much time to dis lately. :goodvibes

I love the pics of Seth with the sword and his first hair cut. It looks like he really enjoyed the trip for the most part. I hope to have a great first trip with Ava in the future.

So sorry I've been MIA lately. Work has been super busy and so have I! I will be back to do responses and another update hopefully soon! :goodvibes

I don't think I've posted here... but I've been subscribed for a little while, just haven't gotten caught up until today!

I'm really enjoying your TR & experiencing Disney through Seth's eyes! He's adorable & I love seeing him enjoy the simple things like IASW & Dumbo. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

Once again... FABULOUS pictures! The ones on Dumbo & carousel are precious, and the ones with the sword are funny!

Love how you got rid of the crane! I really need to figure out photoshop... I could make myself look soooo much thinner ;)

So sorry I've been lazy about replying to you guys! Life's just been very busy lately, but in a good way. Hope you're all still with me!

Oh, it looks like Seth is having such a fun time. His smile shows how happy he is! The fall decorations are so pretty in WDW. :goodvibes

I love the fall there. And he had a great morning that day!

Great job on photo shopping out the crane. I feel bad for the people that are seeing the castle for the first time and that darn crane is in the way.

I'll tell Ray you said so b/c I have no clue how to do that kind of stuff! I know the crane is a necessary evil but it has to be disappointing for people there for the first (and sometimes only) time.

Looks like you guys had an awesome morning! I just love the Carousel, so we have to do it at least once a trip. You guys got some cute pictures of Seth riding his gallant steed!

It was a great morning. And gets better! I love the carousel too. We don't always ride it but I'm sure it will be a must-do in future trips now that we have a youngling. :)

Why people take little ones to Disney World, even though they won't ever remember it. :lovestruc

:thumbsup2 I concur.

He is just so darn cute Dawn. I cannot get enough of him. What a sweet little face on all these rides and pulling the sword. I win bad mom, I don't think Luke has ever got to give that a try. He would love it, he is a swashbuckling pirate boy who loves swords. I can't imagine the restrain to wait until he is five to go back... I could not make it that long!

Thank you! You're not a bad mom. You know what I forgot to do while we were there? Ride the train at MK! And Seth LOVES trains. Everything with wheels is now called a "choo." Talk about bad mom!!! Oh, I'm not waiting until he's 5 to go back. *RAY* is waiting until he's 5 to go back. I'm going back with my mom and Ray's sister and nephew when he's 2. :rotfl:

A perfect morning!!!! Seth is in a great mood, a few rides done and now on to breakfast. Nothing could be finer. :cloud9:

I agree! It was a great morning and I tend to daydream about while I'm sitting at my desk at work.

It is being 'discussed' ;)

This was fun seeing....b/c I had heard about it, but cool to see your steps that morning :cool2:

Can't wait for more!

And MeMom as we both know they prob 'remember' more than we give them credit for.....Will is so sweet and hilarious discussing all the 'Disney' things :goodvibes

You guys will make a major cameo in my next updated, hopefully sometime today. Get ready.....

OMG! So precious to see Seth enjoying Dumbo so much - just everything you want to experience and remember from your little one's first visit!!!

I can't wait to see who his fav character is! Our little Londynn got fixated on Chip N Dale just out of the blue at that age!:rotfl2:

I was so glad he loved it and didn't freak out! You know, we didn't even meet Chip and Dale this trip, or even saw them anywhere now that I think about it.

Oh my goodness I love this update! Your pictures of the castle are gorgeous despite the crane. The sky is oh so beautiful! Good job to Ray on the photoshopping magic! :goodvibes Love the pictures from Dumbo too. It will be closed while we are there *sniff* But we'll ride Aladdin. That's so great that you got some pictures of the construction too. I love the look of the beasts castle. I too can't wait for that section to be opened! Oh and Seth is adorable trying to pull the sword from the stone and riding his horsey on the carousel. I can't wait to go on that. It's been years for me!

It seems the sky above Disney World is always such a pretty blue on a clear day! So sorry Dumbo will be closed while you're there. My cousin checks in today and this is their first trip and Dumbo will be closed for them, too. Stinks!

I love the pic of you looking back up Main St. You never see it from that point, everyone is looking at the castle instead (and who can blame them). And of course we all love the Dumbo and Sword pics. So sad Dumbo will not be operational while we are there. I so wanted DS's first pics to be with Dumbo. Oh well, next time :)
Great update. You take pics that show things from different angles than most. Not having been in 20 years I am just soaking it up. I like the one from Pan's boarding area too, haven't seen that one before. popcorn::

Sorry Dumbo is closed for you. My cousin is there now and it's closed for them, too, and this is their first trip. I hate that! Thanks about my pictures. Believe it or not, I took less pictures this trip than I normally do. I guess dealing with a 13-month-old distracts from the picture-taking!

Seth's first haircut post was adorable. I love how he looked at himself and grinned so big. :) Depending on how quickly our baby's hair grows, we might be able to get their first haircut at WDW! You have such great pictures. What kind of camera do you have? Oh--and Seth with the sword was so cute!

Well, he didn't really NEED one, but I knew we wouldn't be back for awhile and I wanted his first haircut to be there, so we just had some of the wispies around his ears trimmed. Thanks about my pictures. We have a Sony DSLR Alpha 330 (or something like that). I'm still learning how to use it but we love it.

That's great that Seth loved those rides! I love his pictures with the Sword and the Stone!!! The last picture that Ray photoshopped is a definite keeper!

I was so happy he liked the rides and didn't scream and cry! Ray is pretty handy with photoshop (thank goodness).

Could there be a cuter picture than Seth trying to pull the sword out of the stone?!!! That was so adorable.

Thanks....love that one too!

Those Dumbo pictures are adorable!! :goodvibes

Thanks! So glad he loved Dumbo!

Aw Seth looks like he's having so much fun! And I promise Abbie will never get the squirrel on her head at BBB...as long as I have anything to do with it! I'd prep her all up ahead of time for the bun!

Thanks for the reassurance. The squirrels scare me! :lmao:

I love the updates. The picture of Seth smiling at himself is precious. He knows he is a handsome prince. I can't wait to hear what character he loved.

Thanks! He is my handsome prince for sure! :)

Just catching up, we just got back from a cruise on the Mexican Riviera and now school has started back up so less time for TR reading... darn life getting in the way... :rotfl: The video of Seth's haircut is too precious! I love his I love me face in the mirror. My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Disney Dream with our DVC points that will follow our first visit home to AKV for 2013 (which has not yet been booked since it is too far out) and we're contemplating trying to fit a baby in before then. We'll just have to see what happens :lovestruc

Oh, cruise on the Mexican Riviera....I'm jealous! Hope you had a wonderful vacation! I would love to cruise on the Dream. I think we are gonna wait until Seth is old enough to enjoy the kid-only areas (and us the adult-only areas) before we look into a cruise. Good luck on the baby wish! :wizard:

Great update, love the pictures of Dumbo. Seth looks so happy! I have great memories of taking Hannah on her first Dumbo ride and she was about his age....time flies!

Thanks! He did love Dumbo and I was so glad! Can't wait to take him back next year and see if he still loves it....and it will be the new Dumbo then, even better!

The pics of Seth on Dumbo are absolutely adorable! I am so glad y'all had a great first trip with such sweet memories.

Thanks! I love those pictures. And it wasn't a perfect trip but the good stuff def. outnumbered the not-so-good! And that's the stuff we remember (mostly anyway :laughing:).

Don't laugh, but your last update made me a little misty...in a very good way. It was just so gosh-darned Disney perfect! I miss having a wee tot to take to Disney! Of course, it's tons of fun to go with my big kids, too, but there's nothing like experiencing it with a little one while the magic is real. They grow up a bit and lose the magic for a little while (but not the love for WDW), and then they grow up a bit more and all the magic comes flooding back again, twofold.

Thanks so much for sharing your family with us!!

I'm not laughing....glad you enjoyed it! I hope Seth never loses his Disney magic. Hopefully since he's my son he won't! :rotfl:

Whew...all caught up. As you can see by my signature pic I have been a little busy and haven't had much time to dis lately. :goodvibes

I love the pics of Seth with the sword and his first hair cut. It looks like he really enjoyed the trip for the most part. I hope to have a great first trip with Ava in the future.

Congrats!!!! That's so great! :goodvibes I hope you're doing well and life is as blissful as it should be right now. Feel free to post pics....I'd love to see her!

Seth just love FantasyLand - how awesome!

I know, I was so happy! MK is my favorite and it seems to be his, too. ;)

I don't think I've posted here... but I've been subscribed for a little while, just haven't gotten caught up until today!

I'm really enjoying your TR & experiencing Disney through Seth's eyes! He's adorable & I love seeing him enjoy the simple things like IASW & Dumbo. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for posting (and reading)! And thanks for your sweet compliments. We like him, too. :goodvibes

Once again... FABULOUS pictures! The ones on Dumbo & carousel are precious, and the ones with the sword are funny!

Love how you got rid of the crane! I really need to figure out photoshop... I could make myself look soooo much thinner ;)

Thanks! Ray is to credit for the crane-less castle picture. He did that, not me. I haven't the first clue on photoshop! And what a good point about being thinner....I need to look into that! :rotfl2:

Finally, another update!

When I last wrote, we had just had some photopass pics taken in front of the castle on the way to breakfast at CP. I went to find Erica and her clan while Ray snapped a few more shots.

Looking across into Liberty Square...

DSC08439.jpg

Tink's home just prior to Wishes....

DSC08440.jpg

Our destination....

DSC08441.jpg

I found Erica right as she was checking in for breakfast. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes before they sat us. They had us at 2 separate tables next to each other - it was me, Ray, Seth, Erica, Will (Erica's little boy you saw earlier on the trip - he's about 5 months older than Seth), Erica's cousin Jaime, her daughter Makayla, Erica's mom and Erica's aunt. Phew! :rotfl: And it was supposed to be more....Erica's dad and Jaime's hubby had decided to stay back at the room that day.

Before we get to the cutest pictures ever, here's the food. I had had dinner here, but not breakfast, and it was very yummy. Ray's favorite (and only) breakfast food is bacon, biscuits and gravy. And the gravy was loaded with onions, so he wasn't very happy about that.

My first plate:

Orange muffin, fruit, bacon, hashbrown casserole, grits, breakfast pizza, and then there's some oatmeal with cinnamon for Seth.

IMG_2451.jpg

My second plate:

Cheese, bacon, Pooh's puff french toast with syrup, strawberries, sauteed potatoes with onions and peppers.

IMG_2452.jpg

Okay, on to the characters. Are you ready for the cuteness that's about to occur???? PREPARE YOURSELF!!!!! :laughing:

First came Winnie the Pooh. I don't think we'd even really sat down before he showed up.

DSC08451.jpg

DSC08453.jpg

DSC08454.jpg

Being "bashful" (yeah, right!!!! :lmao:)

DSC08455.jpg

Erica and Will with Pooh....

DSC08460.jpg

DSC08462.jpg

Erica, Will, Makayla, Pooh, Seth and Me....

DSC08464.jpg

Next up was Piglet...

DSC08473.jpg

DSC08477.jpg

DSC08478.jpg

See how interested Seth seems to be in Piglet? Just wait....it gets better.

DSC08481.jpg

DSC08483.jpg

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43903840&postcount=414

How cute is this?

DSC08485.jpg

Next was Eeyore, Erica's favorite. Although I think at this point Will was more interested in his food than the characters! :rotfl2: He does eventually become interested in them, too, once he's eaten. ;)

DSC08489.jpg

DSC08493.jpg

DSC08497.jpg

DSC08504.jpg

Loving the characters!

DSC08506.jpg

Tigger showed up next....

DSC08514.jpg

I look like I'm being suffocated here....

DSC08515.jpg

After that and over the course of the meal I lost count with how many times each character visited our table....that's how often they showed up! We had a 10:30-ish ADR and I think there was a lull of reservations between breakfast and lunch service, so the characters sort of kept coming back to us and the other few tables left over from breakfast. It was great!

DSC08521.jpg

DSC08524.jpg

Now this is where we figured out who Seth's favorite character of the trip was. He LOVED Piglet! LOVED PIGLET!!!!! :love: And what's funny is he's seen the Winnie the Pooh movie (well, bits and pieces of it anyway...at that point he wasn't really watching an entire movie yet), but he's seen countless pictures of Pooh and Tigger and Eeyore, he has the plush dolls of those three. But for some reason Piglet was never on my radar. I didn't have a Piglet plush and I just never really showed him Piglet. But he loved him so much! Ray thinks it was just the bright color of Piglet and that may be true. But for whatever reason Seth was just so happy whenever he'd come to our table! :goodvibes

DSC08528.jpg

Getting Piglet kisses....

DSC08530.jpg

DSC08532.jpg

DSC08534.jpg

DSC08536.jpg

DSC08538.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of the entire trip....

DSC08539.jpg

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43903864&postcount=415

Tigger got on the floor and crawled towards Seth (Seth wasn't walking yet - started to walk about a week after we got home from Disney....figures!). Love this one too!

DSC08540.jpg

DSC08541.jpg

Will was SO cute with the characters at this point. He would scream and flap his arms around b/c he was so excited!

DSC08543.jpg

DSC08545.jpg

Tigger trying to eat my son....

DSC08546.jpg

The boys having fun!

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

I love these pictures of them! Hopefully we'll get to be there again together sometime when they're a bit older!

DSC08548.jpg

DSC08549.jpg

And Piglet's back! Can you tell Seth is excited? :rotfl:

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

I love you, Piglet!

DSC08550.jpg

DSC08554.jpg

DSC08555.jpg

Look....Eeyore found his tail!

DSC08560.jpg

Bye, Crystal Palace, until next time!

DSC08562.jpg

I absolutely loved this breakfast, mostly b/c of Seth having such a good time with the characters! And I'm SO glad we were able to meet up with Erica and her family during the trip. It was fun to see them! I can't wait to watch Seth and Will interact together over the years b/c they're so close in age. I'm sure they will be very good friends, like their mamas! :goodvibes

Up next....early afternoon at MK - Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square....and we meet Mickey! :mickeyjum

Congrats!!!! That's so great! :goodvibes I hope you're doing well and life is as blissful as it should be right now. Feel free to post pics....I'd love to see her!

Thanks!! Life is good...love being a Mommy. We just had Ava's pictures made so I will post some when I get the cd. :goodvibes

I LOVE the Crystal Palace pictures. Will and Seth are so cute with the characters. I love CP for breakfast.

How nice to be able to share in your Crystal Palace fun through all of these pictures! It is great to see you and Erica being such wonderful mommies and enjoying your little guys so much in this happy place. :wizard:

Crystal Palace has not disappointed us with its food any time we have been - be it breakfast or dinner. :thumbsup2

News close to the homefront: Did you see that the Opry Mills website has listed that Disney Store is coming back when the mall reopens? :mickeyjum I hope that is really real!

Seth's and Piglets interaction is priceless!
The character interaction at Crystal Palace is always the best!

Can't stand the cuteness!! Seth has GREAT taste in characters..not that I am biased or anything. Those are the best pictures...classic disney memories!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter