3 Women 1 week - which resort - needs and wants

dadschum

Mouseketeer
What would be the best option for 3 women at Disney together for a week? Traveling with me are my two best friends who are sisters. They could share a bed or we could have a place with 3 beds.

I am hoping to travel in 2014 at the end of Oct or early Nov – hopefully for
F & W.

Our needs are:

2 or 3 beds
Fridge
Coffee maker
2 bathrooms or at minimum 2 sinks outside of the toilet/shower area

Wants:

Balcony
Washer/Dryer
Microwave
Toaster
Pool, preferably a quieter one
Disney Transportation
Transport to/from MCO

A friend of mine has 250 points at BCV. That would likely get us a 1 bedroom at BCV at the 11 month mark or a 1 bedroom at BLT or AKV Kidani at the 7 month mark (2 choices which would give us the 2nd bathroom). Assuming she charges me a minimum of $10/point (maybe more) it will be about $2500.

BCV is near Epcot. BLT is near MK and the monorail. AKV is out of the way but seems to have more ambiance than BLT which seems like a large apartment building. But BLT and AKV rooms have great views. BCV don’t seem to have any good views from their villas.

In the 1 bedrooms are the sleeping options in the living room comfortable for an adult?

Or we could do a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Which gives us almost everything but much cheaper than DVC.

Or is it cheaper to do 2 rooms at a Value or Mod (connecting would be great but not essential) or a Family Suite at AoA or ASMu?

Would a suite somewhere be a good option? FW Cabins are also possible.

Where am I most likely to get a discount?

This is a trip to celebrate a special birthday. We will be mostly at MK and Epcot with probably 2 full or partial days of down time to spend at the resort or otherwise relaxing. BLT does not seem to be too relaxing to me. The other choices – more relaxing.

Price matters – but not completely. What gets us most of what we want for the best price?

Thanks for your help.

I would go with animal kingdom simply because it has two full baths and it's so relaxing there

Try a nicer room at the Swan/Dolphin. For $2500 for a week, you might be able to get a suite with 2 bathrooms we've stayed in some suites that were supposed to sleep 9 and they would definitely fit 3 woman in per bed, although one was a pull out (it was NICE though!). It would be close for F&W festival, which given your group would probably be your main decider. We are just getting a group together for the marathon in Jan. It seems short notice, but I'm a short notice kinda gir; however, the struggle for "which resort" rages...

It would depend on what you want to spend and what you are willing to give up or get for the amt of $$.

You can get 2 value rooms for a lot less than 2500/week and everybody gets their own bed vs a 1 BR at AKV-Kidani which would be the cheapest point value for a 1BR with 2 bathrooms

I personally would probably stay in a standard room at the Yacht Club if the sisters are willing to share a bed or if you get a daybed then ev1 would have their own space to sleep. You are near Epcot, guaranteed a balcony unless you are on the bottom floor but give up the 2 bathroom need (there are 2 sinks at the vanity). Plus there's a great pool to boot!

Hi I found your thread, too!
Here's to BFFs celebrating big birthdays together at WDW!
F and W is a great idea...
looking forward to hearing more as plans develop:woohoo:

I think I would choose BCV because you will be going during Food and Wine, it will make it easy for you to get to Epcot every evening if you want! I don't think you will want to go with a Value resort simply because there will be so many more people and definitely no quiet pools :) I love BLT and AKL, but I really feel like either BCV or BWV would fit your trip better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter