3 way call confirmation with MS and renter

mule714

BWV Owner
Has anyone done a 3 way call with a renter? I'm willing to do this with a person I'm renting a few points to to let them feel comfortable. Does MS allow this?

Has anyone done a 3 way call with a renter? I'm willing to do this with a person I'm renting a few points to to let them feel comfortable. Does MS allow this?

They will allow it but it's a waist of time. It doesn't guarantee anything.

As soon as you hang up you can call back and cancel.

If the renter is that uncomfortable, they shouldn't rent.

Yes, MS allows it, and it's as good a method as there is to assure the renter that you're actually making the reservation. It's also helpful for making arrangements for thing like room requests, DME, DDP, etc. You have the renter right on the line, so they can ask questions or give answers right there, rather than through a series of time-wasting calls.

Could you turn around and cancel? Of course you could, but you won't.

Mule714........ I'm in the process of renting points from a DVC member for a upcoming trip. Being the "tenant" I read as much information about this process so to feel comfortable with it. This site was very informative and I was the one who faxed a copy of a contract to the member (which I copied from a (DVC member) to not only protect myself but the member as well. I don't blame the person you are dealing with to be a little nervous but if you give this web site to them so they can familiarize themselves with what to do they will have no problem renting from you. :rolleyes:

I found mydvc.com is updated with the reservation number and summary as soon as you make the reservation. So I just take a screen shot and email the renter a copy. I think Paypal offers some buyer protection also.

I would do my best to make a renter comfortable. But I would not work with someone is uncomfortable with the process in the first place.

I'm really curious how you do a "screen shot." I know how to copy and paste, but I've seen people do this and would love to learn how. Could you share the steps for doing this?

I'm really curious how you do a "screen shot." I know how to copy and paste, but I've seen people do this and would love to learn how. Could you share the steps for doing this?

hit "print screen."

go to a graphics program..."paint" will work if it's all you got...and paste the screen image to a graphics file (usually a .jpg).

Thanks so much!....question where do I find "print screen"? As you can see, I'm not the most technologically oriented. ;)

If you are using a PC then you should have a key on your keyboard marked "Print Screen". It might be one of the "F" keys or another key along the top row. You might have to press and hold another key to access the print screen function. For example on my keyboard I have to press and hold the "fn" key and then press the Home key.

"Print Screen" will take a snapshot of the entire screen. If you want a snapshot of just one application window then click on that window (to make it the active window) and press and hold the "Alt" key and then press the "Print Screen" key.

Once you have captured your screen or application, bring up Paint and paste the image (Paste will be on the Edit menu, or you can just press and hold the Ctrl key and press the "v' key).

Thanks Lisa. I found the button and it took me a few tries to get it to show up just right in an attachment, but now that I've tinkered with it I love it! Knowing how to do that is really going to come in handy for me.

Doesn't that screen on www.mydvc.com show your Member Number, Contract Numbers and all the other reservations you have? I know that I wouldn't want to share that information with a renter. It's really not a big deal to wait for the written confirmation and email/send it to the buyer when it arrives. I guess I might use that page in a pinch if I had a last minute reservation.

You can scroll down and copy the page so that the member number doesn't show :thumbsup2

BTW, you can also use the "paint" application to black out the other reservations that don't pertain to the renter

You can scroll down and copy the page so that the member number doesn't show :thumbsup2
But all your other reservations still show, right? Like I said, it's good in a pinch but I don't think I would use it on a regular basis. Too much of my own personal information, KWIM?

ETA: Yes, I know I could black out stuff using Paint, etc which is probably what I would do.

I never thought about hiding the member number. I don't think people can do much damage knowing your member number or other reservation number though. Do you think so? MS always verifies last 4 digits of SSN when I called.

Another way to do screen shot for just the screen that you are interested in is to hold on to the Alt key while hitting the Print Scrn button. You can resize your window to show just the part you want to show.

I never thought about hiding the member number. I don't think people can do much damage knowing your member number or other reservation number though. Do you think so? MS always verifies last 4 digits of SSN when I called.
Not everyone gives MS their SSN. Not every member is from the US. MS has other methods for verifying membership.

Which brings me to the point ... patch your renter in AFTER you have been verified. You really don't want them to your the info they need to access your account :scared1:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter