3 storms lined up in the Atlantic, 2 weeks to vacation

This will be our 5th year in a row going in Sept. and we have never had any problems. We have been lucky and we will deal with Earl the best we can and get to Disney when we get there. Maybe we can fly in a day early.

This will be our 5th year in a row going in Sept. and we have never had any problems. We have been lucky and we will deal with Earl the best we can and get to Disney when we get there. Maybe we can fly in a day early.

That could be a good option, plus you would get an extra day at WDW.

Our last trip was 1st week of Sept. 08 and it was a very busy hurricane season, they were lined up bumper to bumper and all of them look like they were heading straight for orlando, some even hovered off the coast near orlando but we decided to take our chances and went anyway.

Well, when we got there resorts and parks were so empty and I heard several other guest say that they had friends who had canceled there trip because of the hurricanes--so it was wonderful to have the parks to ourselves.
Our weather during our trip was great with the typical rain in the afternoons.
Glad we didn't cancel.

Our last trip was 1st week of Sept. 08 and it was a very busy hurricane season, they were lined up bumper to bumper and all of them look like they were heading straight for orlando, some even hovered off the coast near orlando but we decided to take our chances and went anyway.

Well, when we got there resorts and parks were so empty and I heard several other guest say that they had friends who had canceled there trip because of the hurricanes--so it was wonderful to have the parks to ourselves.
Our weather during our trip was great with the typical rain in the afternoons.
Glad we didn't cancel.

We have until Monday to cancel our room only reservartion, but there is no need to. The weather for 9/4-9-11 looks good and why worry about something that from all indications won't even bother our trip anyways.

We're flying out of Boston on 9/9. Will Earl be done by then? I haven't even thought of tracking it here, I've been so preoccupied with what it's going to do in FLA!!!

Magickingdom05 - thanks for that website. I'm in some deep trouble next week if that is correct! I am halfway between NY and Boston on the coast.

For us it was either going Labor Day week or go sometime in December, and since we are out of Chicago, you never know when you will get a large snow storm that closes the airports here in December.

Magickingdom05 - thanks for that website. I'm in some deep trouble next week if that is correct! I am halfway between NY and Boston on the coast.

I would think that by 9/9 it should be way out to see by then, but it's good to keep an eye on it.

We fly out Thursday night out of Logan I hope it isn't going to be a turbulent flight?

We are also going Labor Day week and flying from Chicago. I am keeping a loose eye out, but not really worried.

Leaving thurs morning out of long island - hopefully we'll get out of here before it heads this way!

Leaving thurs morning out of long island - hopefully we'll get out of here before it heads this way!

You should be fine, I dont know what flight paths they take, but they may change that. I just dont know if they fly over the ocean most of the way, or if they fly more inland. You would probably not know the difference unless you flew they route a lot...

In the next two days I will definitely need to keep a close eye on Earl, as I am flying out of Baltimore on Thursday night. I have to cancel DVC before Thursday if I am to keep the points. I know DVC will work with you on a hurricane in Florida, but I don't know if they will do so regarding hurricane cancellations at the flight's point of origin.

Yea, what a difference 12 hours could make on that one.. If it speeds up could be getting the winds picking up from it thursday night. of course if he decides he's in a hurry.... well my statement to the PP could be wrong :(

Yikes! I am supposed to be flying out of Newark on Friday Morning!!! :(

It is going to be tough to get alternate bookings, if there are indeed cancellatios because it is a long weekend!

Stay away Earl !!!

We are flying out of Syracuse to JFK on Friday, then JFK to Orlando. Hopefully nothing to major comes our way in NYC on Friday that causes major delays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter