3 Siths and a Tigger- First Trip Report (Indiana Jones video is up!)

Hehe.. car manintenance stuff always tops my list when we are about to take a road trip. Stittch (the car) was due for an oil change anyway so we did that week before last. This week we stopped and got his tires rotated, cehcked the pressure and got the ok from my step dad/mechanic to drive Stittch rather than getting a rental. (my mom still panics about us taking roadtrips in my 10 year old car)

I'll have the tranny fluid level checked the weekend before we go and next time I fill up, I'll run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through it.

Luckily, no dents or cracked windshields... knock on wood. And we already get 30-32 mpg HWY. lol

Just had to have my phone replaced too. Dropped it on the kitchen tile and lost my display. Man did I miss my Behold (used my Razor in the interim) for that week and a half. Apparently they were on backorder. lol

Hehe.. car manintenance stuff always tops my list when we are about to take a road trip. Stittch (the car) was due for an oil change anyway so we did that week before last. This week we stopped and got his tires rotated, cehcked the pressure and got the ok from my step dad/mechanic to drive Stittch rather than getting a rental. (my mom still panics about us taking roadtrips in my 10 year old car)

I'll have the tranny fluid level checked the weekend before we go and next time I fill up, I'll run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through it.

Luckily, no dents or cracked windshields... knock on wood. And we already get 30-32 mpg HWY. lol

Just had to have my phone replaced too. Dropped it on the kitchen tile and lost my display. Man did I miss my Behold (used my Razor in the interim) for that week and a half. Apparently they were on backorder. lol

Glad you got everything done. Thats some pretty good mileage. What type of car is it?

Wow, that sucks about your phone! Beholds were on backorder?

DBF again, :darth: quickly starting to take over DGFs thread. She better start posting to keep me in check:lovestruc.

Well Levon and Andrew got their tickets in and I figured I would post the pic Levon sent me.

0221101445a.jpg

Ours SHOULD be in Thursday or Friday. Maybe next week. :confused3
We'll see...

wohoo!! so yea I got someone to go with me :) so it should be fun I work though on thursday so it kinda sucks i work all day so that means I will be hitting traffic :( but oh well

Thanks for posting all the pics baby. I don't mind you highjacking my thread as long as the dark side does not start disturbing things to much. :D :lovestruc I can't wait for our tickets to show up. :) That will be an exciting day. Car maintenance is always fun. My poor car needs help in that department. lol. Gotta love older cars. (Babe, don't you dare say anything about the supposed "Ford problem." :lovestruc love you!)

Glad you got everything done. Thats some pretty good mileage. What type of car is it?

Wow, that sucks about your phone! Beholds were on backorder?

Hehe.. a 626 (hence the name) It really does well on the HWY when I use cruise control. Right now we're getting about 25 around town but I just replaced my air filter (which was really gross) so that should help. I'm thinking we'll probably be closer to 28-30 mpg this trip.

Supposedly. I dropped it on Feb 3. They placed the replacement request on Feb 4th. I got a notice 4 days later that it had been processed and the next day I got one saying they were on backorder and should be in by the 16th. I got mine on the 13th I think.

Hi all, DBF here again :darth: back with more updates.

Well approximately 28 minutes ago UPS dropped off a couple goodies for the trip.
First a little background...
During harvest, I had my blackberry storm in my holster/pouch thingy thats held closed by a magnet. Well it was facing down, I was driving a forklift and when i jumped out, the phone fell out of the holster and hit the ground without me noticing it. After a few minutes of trucks and equipment going back and forth up and down the road, one of my workers picked up my phone and asked if it was mine. It got ran over by a truck with the screen face down on the gravel road. To my amazement it still worked!! And continued to work up until Sunday night when I tried to update the software on the phone and somehow erased everything off of it. So I decided it was time for a new phone and it came in 32 minutes ago. So I've got that charging.

And the big one...
As you all know, DGFs apartment got broken into and had her laptop and my camera stolen. So UPS dropped off my new one. Heres some pics of it..

The Box....

DSC04403.jpg

The Box Inside The Box...

DSC04404.jpg

The Contents Inside The Two Boxes...

DSC04405.jpg

It...

DSC04406.jpg

Cables and Stuff...

DSC04407.jpg

Very nice electronics. Alienware lappy!!!

Jack

Hehe.. a 626 (hence the name) It really does well on the HWY when I use cruise control. Right now we're getting about 25 around town but I just replaced my air filter (which was really gross) so that should help. I'm thinking we'll probably be closer to 28-30 mpg this trip.

Supposedly. I dropped it on Feb 3. They placed the replacement request on Feb 4th. I got a notice 4 days later that it had been processed and the next day I got one saying they were on backorder and should be in by the 16th. I got mine on the 13th I think.

Good lookin car! I'm jealous, I should be about 4-6mpg behind you though so still pretty good. Wow thats a long time to wait for an air filter!

DBF here :darth:

Well our package got in today! When they told me "your package will be there 21 days before you arrive" I remember thinking "that seems so far away!!"

Time really is flying :cool1:

Here are some pics:

The Box
DSC04408.jpg

Can you just feel the magic wafting out of there?:wizard:

DSC04409.jpg

What fell out...

DSC04410.jpg

Inside the Envelope

DSC04411.jpg

What the tickets look like...

DSC04413.jpg

I've got dibs on the Snow White one babe :lovestruc Love you.

EEEEEE! I'm soooo excited. :) I don't mind taking the Donald ticket. I do tend to have his temper. :rotfl: Thanks for posting all the pictures. :love:

Well guys, I'm taking back my thread and writing an update. It's the 1st of March. It seems like the time has flown by. We only have 18 more days to wait. :yay: I am soooo excited! We have decided to possibly visit Universal Studios one day and take in some of the wonderful museums. The Griffith Park Observatory is also on our list. I think the Observatory will be my favorite. Looking at stars is a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

Guess what everybody! We only have 14 days left! That's right. 2 weeks until Spring Break. I'm so excited. Tonight DBF and 1 of the friends that's going with us and myself met to discuss what we wanted to do on the days we don't go to Disneyland. Well, we decided to go to the Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach and the Griffith Park Observatory one day. The Second day "free" day, we will be going to Garvey Nut and Candy Company (Southern California's biggest wholesale candy distributor.), then were off to the Natural History Museum, the California Science Center, and then a car museum. If time permits we may go to the Aquarium of the Pacific and Long Beach. On the second day, depending on what time we get back to the hotel and how tired we are, we will go into Disneyland. Let's just say our trip is packed!

Guess what everybody! We only have 14 days left! That's right. 2 weeks until Spring Break. I'm so excited. Tonight DBF and 1 of the friends that's going with us and myself met to discuss what we wanted to do on the days we don't go to Disneyland. Well, we decided to go to the Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach and the Griffith Park Observatory one day. The Second day "free" day, we will be going to Garvey Nut and Candy Company (Southern California's biggest wholesale candy distributor.), then were off to the Natural History Museum, the California Science Center, and then a car museum. If time permits we may go to the Aquarium of the Pacific and Long Beach. On the second day, depending on what time we get back to the hotel and how tired we are, we will go into Disneyland. Let's just say our trip is packed!

Possibly, we can easily spend the entire day on Exposition. Peterson's is 8 miles away so I'm not sure we are gonna go. It depends though..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter