3 reports + links to more- 8 days since May + conversations galore

Unless something changes, Sunday will see us at DCA, bright and early!

I now need to work out a "plan", a plan that will be hidden from the other adults, LOL. I want the day to just magically "work out", imagine that!

Well, that's if I don't drive my brother insane first...I'm way too vague for him and it makes him grit his teeth.

But it's their first time in DCA and that should be fun.

Unless something changes, Sunday will see us at DCA, bright and early!

I now need to work out a "plan", a plan that will be hidden from the other adults, LOL. I want the day to just magically "work out", imagine that!

Well, that's if I don't drive my brother insane first...I'm way too vague for him and it makes him grit his teeth.

But it's their first time in DCA and that should be fun.

Molly--I am so bummed. I will be in Vegas with some of the Dis Divas so will miss stopping by to see you again! Have a great time--I know you will!

Almost immediately after I wrote that post, I found out that SIL just doesn't believe that I will be able to help them have a good time. She wants (well, wanted, b/c it's NOT happening) us to go TODAY, just me brother and E, since today is a busy day for her and she won't be sad. And she tells me this around 9 last night. No time to prepare!

If E and I do go alone, we'll go Friday, aka tomorrow.

I sure do wish she'd said something, oh, last weekend. It would have put E and me visiting on some of the worst crowd days, but just the two of us that would be OK. Now we're staying over Father's Day without a reason (other than staying with beloved family, a good reason, but that wasn't the reason for not being with Robert for "his" day), harumph.

And...we're back to Sunday again with SIL joining us.

I'm glad they understand each other and can translate for me, b/c I'm lost!

I can do this, right? Sunday in DCA, even if it's crowded, I can make it a good day, right????

Molly... despite some minor issues, I think it sounds like you had a great time. I really enjoyed reading your trip report.

Oh... I'm not normally a child fan, but your son is adorable! If i ever had a son, I would want him to be like Eamon. He seems to be very intelligent for his age.

Poor Molly,
Don't you just love get putting in the middle of an argument? Aren't relatives just wonderful? But, I know you'll have fun.:thumbsup2

Oh... I'm not normally a child fan, but your son is adorable! If i ever had a son, I would want him to be like Eamon. He seems to be very intelligent for his age.

You are so kind! I'll tell you, my brother and SIL aren't child fans either, so I've been really amazed that they like the dude so much. So he does tend to win people over...though it might just be that I have tried to keep him as un-obnoxious as possible, so that he gets along with my sibling. :)

Poor Molly,
Don't you just love get putting in the middle of an argument? Aren't relatives just wonderful? But, I know you'll have fun.:thumbsup2

I sure hope we have fun! I keep bringing little things up...."now did you two get into the High School Musical movies?"..."would an indoor live version of Aladdin be interesting to you?" etc etc. OK those are the only two so far...but there will be more.:rotfl:

You are so kind! I'll tell you, my brother and SIL aren't child fans either, so I've been really amazed that they like the dude so much. So he does tend to win people over...though it might just be that I have tried to keep him as un-obnoxious as possible, so that he gets along with my sibling. :)

I sure hope we have fun! I keep bringing little things up...."now did you two get into the High School Musical movies?"..."would an indoor live version of Aladdin be interesting to you?" etc etc. OK those are the only two so far...but there will be more.:rotfl:

I hadn't taken doing the resort with non fans. But I think that if they go in with an open mind they'll have fun.

They aren't non fans of Disney...they just don't get into it. For instance, my brother was in Miami for high school, and he had a Grad Night...and didn't ride ANY rides. Listened to the bands instead. :confused: SIL was in FL at the same basic time, though they didn't know each other, and I bet she did the same thing.

They haven't been to DCA yet, and as we all know it's pretty much my fave of the two Anaheim parks, and along with having a fun time with my wee bairn, I want to show my fam a really great day!

Yay Molly! I am so glad you all are heading to Disney (AGAIN!!!)!
I grew up in So Cal and went to DL often, however, no one in my family likes Disney. Only me.:confused3 My family that lives 30 miles from DL go maybe once every few years.:scared1: That's just crazy talk. Wait---I take that back, I do have an uncle who does have an AP. He goes to DL a lot. But he likes going alone because he is too commando. He will knock people over to get in line.:sad2:

Anywho----

Maddie knows she has red hair. She calls it strawberry blonde. lol. It was quite a surprise seeing my DD for the first time. Being Hispanic and Italian, a light-skinned red head was not what I was expecting.:rotfl:But, DH has quite a few red-headed relatives and my mom's sister has auburn hair and green eyes (she is 100% Mexican)....so it is in the genes.

Eamon is adorable. I just want to give him hugs!! HE is so well-behaved for a boy his age.:thumbsup2

It was very weird that he remembered...I could have brushed it off like I was mis-hearing, but it seemed really specific!

That would be fun to have the kidlets meet. Has she started to wonder why her hair gets SO much attention? E has...and of course it's extra attention b/c neither of us have the same hair...but then, I know you have dark hair, does your hubby's hair look like your girl's? It's starting to bug the poor kid, and I wish it wouldn't, but I have no idea how to keep him from starting to dislike his hair (as I disliked mine for all the attention the curls got).

It's official, we're going to San Diego tomorrow, and since DLR won't cost (that much) more money, we will VERY likely have a day trip. Yay. If anyone is going to be around at DLR some time in the next week (most likely a week DAY) and wants to *maybe* meet up if only just for a little bit, PM me your number! That includes you, Cheryl, as I haven't yet put it into my phone. Now if my brother chooses to go I might not call, but if it's just me and E I will!

Of course me being me I was trying to figure out if I could use some points and stay at PPH for a night (if brother doesn't join us at DLR) rather than making the late-night drive back to San Diego, but then someone on the DVC boards mentioned that we can't use Bay Lake points *anywhere* until Bay Lake opens...on one hand it makes sense, but on the other it doesn't, and my guide is off until Wednesday...harumph.

They aren't non fans of Disney...they just don't get into it. For instance, my brother was in Miami for high school, and he had a Grad Night...and didn't ride ANY rides. Listened to the bands instead. :confused: SIL was in FL at the same basic time, though they didn't know each other, and I bet she did the same thing.

They haven't been to DCA yet, and as we all know it's pretty much my fave of the two Anaheim parks, and along with having a fun time with my wee bairn, I want to show my fam a really great day!

I am always amazed when I hear people say they don't like DCA. I love it. There are so many different things to do there. I think that the may have more fun because they are sharing it with Eamon.

I've been whining and moaning, but I'm done with that.

Unless things change, DCA will see us early on Sunday! I am very sad that Cheryl will be totally out of town. :( But I am happy that she will be having fun in Vegas, baby!

We'll do the usual...get there early. I'm glad it's a MM day so the lots will be open early, and we can very likely get there for DCA gate opening. Soarin' of course, to the line-up for TSMM, so that they can see the beauty of that ride without having to wait very long.

I've written down all the attractions, and I'm slowly finding out what people might want to do. I have a feeling I'll end up on Mulholland Madness, b/c it's such a jerky coaster, and the fam doesn't do well with jerky coasters. I also doubt they'll go on Grizzly, b/c I imagine they are no-poncho types, and also no-getting-wet types. Sigh. I'll have to find out what they've fallen in love with, and put them on that, while E and I have a couple turns on GRR.

And so on. My planning always falls apart about a quarter of the way through, b/c I start thinking "well how do I know we'll want to do THAT?"...but I'm trying to power through that feeling and just DO IT. Better to have a crazy plan than have half a plan, eh?

FPs at DCA:

Soarin'
Grizzly (sometimes)
Screamin'
Mulholland?
TOT

Did I miss one?

I figure I'll be the "runner". Set them on something they enjoy, or put them in a store with E (as they keep mentioning, they want to buy him a b'day present), LOL, and run off for a FP.

I need to figure out what E will wear, probably budget for a locker, too. If only for waters, right?

That's all for now, want to go back to my lists on paper for the moment...

I think Soarin' is a great bet. You might want to send them to the WHarf area to go to the Tortilla factory and Boudins. Oh and what about wine tasting for them while you do Grizzly?

I am always amazed when I hear people say they don't like DCA. I love it. There are so many different things to do there. I think that the may have more fun because they are sharing it with Eamon.

I didn't like DCA at first but now love it (but don't like the construction walls!)

I especially like the Grizzly River Run area (but not the ride--I know--blasphemy!)

I didn't like DCA at first but now love it (but don't like the construction walls!)

I especially like the Grizzly River Run area (but not the ride--I know--blasphemy!)

I didn't either not really, but I was expecting it to be more Disney. The next time I went I was thrilled with it. I have never been on Grizzly, I have a daughter who doesn't like rides that you get wet on so I usually st with her. I told her that this time I am trying it. She is old enough to sit by herself. She is 16, by the time I was her age I was ditching my parents and doing what I wanted.

I think Toocherie and I are on the same page about certain rides we don't like, from what I have seen in other threads!!

Anyway, I agree with everyone here - I didn't like the idea of DCA at first, and even the first time I went there I had a hard time kind of getting into a groove. But it has really grown on me now. One time my friend said about DCA, "But it [DCA] is just so....small..."

And I said, "Bigger is not necessarily better." (Okay, I handed it to you on a silver platter - go ahead, chuckle!) Seriously, though, it is nice to have a 'smaller' and less crowded park to escape to when DL gets too dense with people. Plus, I love me some Toy Story Midway Mania, and will never ever ever miss a chance to go on that. So DCA is a must-do every trip now. Besides, when more new attractions begin to open and the transformation of the park becomes more visible, I have a hunch that DCA will not be as un-crowded and pleasant as it has been thus far.

Molly - don't forget the picture of the red, sparkly Mickey earrings!!

I didn't either not really, but I was expecting it to be more Disney. The next time I went I was thrilled with it. I have never been on Grizzly, I have a daughter who doesn't like rides that you get wet on so I usually st with her. I told her that this time I am trying it. She is old enough to sit by herself. She is 16, by the time I was her age I was ditching my parents and doing what I wanted.

Definitely get yourself on GRR! Last time, we were with a family who had left a friend off the ride b/c she didn't want to get her hair wet. Ugh. And the girls were probably around 16...definitely OK for someone to hang out on the benches for 15 minutes or so. :)

From the first moment we went into DCA we loved it.

However, that was after two trips where we scoffed at it, from outside!

Molly - don't forget the picture of the red, sparkly Mickey earrings!!

I keep meaning to take a better picture, but for now this will have to do.

Imagine the color/sparkle somewhere in between these two, and not blurry.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Oh, the one thing about them...they come out of your ears. So you need the backing things, and alas I lost one as soon as I took the earring off the backing! It is so tiny, it just disappeared in my bathroom. Note to self, when off to Target today (E's cheapie arm floaties sprang leaks so I'm getting him a swim vest), see if they have backings to keep the earrings on. :)

I keep meaning to take a better picture, but for now this will have to do.

Imagine the color/sparkle somewhere in between these two, and not blurry.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Oh, the one thing about them...they come out of your ears. So you need the backing things, and alas I lost one as soon as I took the earring off the backing! It is so tiny, it just disappeared in my bathroom. Note to self, when off to Target today (E's cheapie arm floaties sprang leaks so I'm getting him a swim vest), see if they have backings to keep the earrings on. :)

Ooooh! Those are really cute! And they look like they are not too big and cumbersome. I have this big, honkin' pair of Mickey hoop earrings that I got during my earrings phase in the '80s/'90s and they are literally too heavy and big to hang from my lobes (which begs the question...WHY did I buy them back then? And I have no clue why!! But these red, sparkly numbers look like they are a good size. I would actually buy those if I saw them, even though I don't wear a lot of red. I have trouble with losing those backing things too. They are just so tiny that one they tumble to the floor/carpet, it is almost impossible to ever find them again!

Thanks for posting the pictures. I may have to seek those earrings out - you said you got them in the DLH gift shop?

Hey Molly! I hope your plans work out. Do you think they'd like the Animation building? If so, that could be a great place to drop them off for a bit.

LOve the earrings!

I've been whining and moaning, but I'm done with that.

Unless things change, DCA will see us early on Sunday! I am very sad that Cheryl will be totally out of town. :( But I am happy that she will be having fun in Vegas, baby!

We'll do the usual...get there early. I'm glad it's a MM day so the lots will be open early, and we can very likely get there for DCA gate opening. Soarin' of course, to the line-up for TSMM, so that they can see the beauty of that ride without having to wait very long.

I've written down all the attractions, and I'm slowly finding out what people might want to do. I have a feeling I'll end up on Mulholland Madness, b/c it's such a jerky coaster, and the fam doesn't do well with jerky coasters. I also doubt they'll go on Grizzly, b/c I imagine they are no-poncho types, and also no-getting-wet types. Sigh. I'll have to find out what they've fallen in love with, and put them on that, while E and I have a couple turns on GRR.

And so on. My planning always falls apart about a quarter of the way through, b/c I start thinking "well how do I know we'll want to do THAT?"...but I'm trying to power through that feeling and just DO IT. Better to have a crazy plan than have half a plan, eh?

FPs at DCA:

Soarin'
Grizzly (sometimes)
Screamin'
Mulholland?
TOT

Did I miss one?

I figure I'll be the "runner". Set them on something they enjoy, or put them in a store with E (as they keep mentioning, they want to buy him a b'day present), LOL, and run off for a FP.

I need to figure out what E will wear, probably budget for a locker, too. If only for waters, right?

That's all for now, want to go back to my lists on paper for the moment...

I am sure they will be flexible with the plans you set forth. I mean, they are willing to go in the first place.:goodvibes I know what it is like to make plans for others...it is stressful.

I would totally ride GRR with you! At least you have E!

I think Soarin' is a great bet. You might want to send them to the WHarf area to go to the Tortilla factory and Boudins. Oh and what about wine tasting for them while you do Grizzly?

That is a great idea! They can sip some wine while you and Eamon get your GRR-on!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter