3 rental Q's for you DVC members

Tigerkiet

Earning My Ears
HI,
First and formost I'm jealous, but hopefully not for too long....
I have been lurking here for quite awhile hoping that someday my husband and I will be able to go back to WDW, and check out DVC.
Well my prayers have been answered, or my pestering was too much, but we've decided to give it a try. So here are my questions for you....
1. Do many DVC members rent within the 30 day period? I know it's subject to more trust on their part.(we are just managing to squeeze this trip in)
2.How would that work? Would they need 100% up front, but then how do I know they'll make the ressie? (is a phone confirmation as good as paper in hand?)
3.Do some use paypal?
and finally... I hope this is okay to ask, but does anyone have any good referrals they could maybe pm me?

Any answers you may have would be greatly appreciated!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy:
Thanks!!
crystal

I can't give you too much detail since I haven't rented out points. I can tell you that making a reservation for travel within 30 days is a problem for the member and they will probably require payment immediately. A member can cancel a reservation 31 days out and suffer no penalty. A reservation made at 30 days will have restrictions for future use of the points if it is cancelled.

Another problem booking so close to travel will be availability. It will be hard to find a reservation for you. At 60 days out, any inventory not booked by members also becomes available for Disney to rent out to the general public through CRO.

You could get lucky if your dates match up with a member who finds themselves stuck with a reservation they can't use.

I have rented 3 times this year. All went smooth. I want to give you how I would handle less than 30 day request.

First and foremost ~ all monies upfront bank check. I would not cash the check until resi was made (trust on both renters part/and DVC owner part)

Who is to say renter won't cancel a week later or 2 days before! Points would be gone!

I do have references available to future renters however currently I am not seeking to rent any points.

I would insist on references however don't be surprised if you don't get many, alot of DVC rent is trust and Pixie Dust

Thank you both for your help. And I should've figured on Disney renting unused villas themselves, it makes total sense, DUH.:rolleyes:
I think I will have to remain jealous for awhile longer it looks like. I thought it might be a strech, especially this time of year.
Maybe we'll try again in the fall. (and plan ahead)

Thanks again!
Crystal
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter