3 Questions about ADR with children under 3 yo

disneyfan1992

Mouseketeer
We will be making ADR for our trip in November.

There are 4 adults (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa) and 2 children under the age of 3.

1. When making ADR, do we make the reservations for 4 people or 6 people? Don't know if children under 3 years old need to be added to the ressie since they do not have a dining plan and will eat off adult plate. However they do need a spot to sit at that table (in a highchair). So I'm leaning towards yes, we need to include them in the ressie??

2. When the bill arrives, will we be charged automatic 18% grat? Will the 2 children under 3 years old be counted or rather will we be seen as a party of 6 for the automatic tip?

3. Do we need to request 2 highchairs at time of ressie at sit down restaurants? Or will we just request highchairs when we arrive?

Thank you in advance!!

Yes you need to count them on the number. This is for space and fire code reasons. I think Disney just recently changed the automatic gratuity to not include under threes but someone else will probably know better. When you check in they will ask if you need high chairs so don't worry. Have a great time!

1. You should book as a party of six. If you book as a party of four, you will be changed to a party of six when you arrive at the restaurant. This could result in an additional wait as they now have to look for a table for six.

2. Yes, as a party of six there will be an automatic gratuity added. The age of the diners is not relevant.

3. As far as I know you request highchairs when you arrive.

I think Disney just recently changed the automatic gratuity to not include under threes but someone else will probably know better.

No, they haven't, not to my knowledge.

TDC Nala said:
1. You should book as a party of six. If you book as a party of four, you will be changed to a party of six when you arrive at the restaurant. This could result in an additional wait as they now have to look for a table for six.

2. Yes, as a party of six there will be an automatic gratuity added. The age of the diners is not relevant.

3. As far as I know you request highchairs when you arrive.

No, they haven't, not to my knowledge.

Apparently it was a trial they ran in Sept that under threes that weren't eating wouldn't count for automatic gratuity but it looks like it may not has survived! I knew I read it somewhere!
So to answer OP' s question yes you will have the automatic gratuity after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter