3 parks in one day - Can this be done? Advice Please!

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I need some help, I will be heading to the House of the Mouse in January 2014 for a week. This is a girls only trip, My DD(25), My Mom(71) and Myself (?). I have changed some plans for our arrival day, as my niece will be joining us, just for arrival day. I need to explain a few things first. My brother is very ill, and his family has had a really rough time the last few years. His youngest DD is 15 and has not gotten to do the things the older DD got to do. She is a very good kid, straight A's, volunteers at Church. She is so scared about his health that you can see it in her face. So he asked me if I could let her come with us for one of the days. I was shocked that he even would ask me, as our relationship has suffered some strain in the past as well. I told him that I would love to have her.

So my mission, really all of us - is to give her the best day ever !!!!!!!!!!!!pixiedust:

Since my parent and my DB live in FL. 40 min from WDW. My parents for Christmas are giving her a park- hopper ticket, I am sending her a Disney T- Shirt... we are going to all be wearing the same shirt, and Disney GC for Christmas.

I plan on a super early check in - around 8:00 am earlier if I can make it happen.

If we can get in the room great, we will throw our stuff in the room. If not we can head back later to throw our stuff in the room, even if it has to wait till that evening.

1st stop DHS - We want to ride RNRC, Toy story mania, Star tours, are our 3 main rides for this stop. We have lunch ADR's at Sci-Fi at 12:00.

2nd Stop Epcot - I thought taking the boat over to Epcot would be the best way to go, The rides here are Soarin, Test Track, and the ball ride ( I can never think of the name of this ride :confused3) Depending on the time maybe a quick look in the world show case.

3rd Stop MK - Monorail over to MK, Check out Fantasyland, POTC, Haunted Mansion, space mountain, thunder mountain, buzz light year, and what ever else we have time for, We have ADR's at 6:40 at Tony's for dinner, then fireworks at 8:00. As of right now MK closes at 8:00 I am hoping for a later closing.:goodvibes

Then my DB will be picking up my niece, as she has school the next day. I am thinking DTD will be the best option for pick up.

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips. will be greatly appreciated. pixiedust:

I think that it could work, you might not hit all the rides but as a framework it could work. The only snag I see is getting from MK to DTD. Unless your hotel is near there why make the trip? What about pick up at the Contemporary? You can just walk there or TTC?

Have an awesome trip!!!

Your biggest problem is that you have noon lunch reservations at sci-fi, which means you won't be at Epcot til at least two... then if you don't have FP+, you can forget about Soarin unless you want to wait over an hour in line. If, in theory, you did...You would probably be at MK by 5-530 after the attractions and the very long monorail ride (you have to switch)...

Honestly, I would cancel sci-fi and get an ADR in World Showcase. You'll have way better food and not have to wait around the Studios... You can get Toy Story, RNRC, and Star Tours done before 10am..

Check to see if HS has EMH that morning. If so, arrive as early as possible, and you may be able to get all your HS rides in before 10am.

Cancel your lunch ADR's for sure and grab QS at HS or EPCOT, depending on where you are.

Your EPCOT rides are going to be the challenge, but if you can get there before noon, you should be able to get some rides on your list.

Your MK list is aggressive so getting HS and EPCOT done quickly will be the key.

We are doing 3 parks in a day in December so I say GO FOR IT!!!

Honestly, I don't think so. It would MAYBE be do-able under the old FP system, but with parks the way they are now... no.

If you are determined to try, I would ditch one of your TSes (probably Tony's, as Sci-Fi is cool/unique.) At DHS, arrive before RD and book it to TSMM, then straight to RnRC. ToT should still be manageable after those two, as long as you are there BY (like arrival well before) RD. I am not sure you'll make it w 8AM checkin.

ETA: sub ST for ToT, there. And I would see if you can move your Sci-Fi to 11am. Then to EPCOT; plan to wait for Soarin and do TT singles. If you reserve your FP+ at MK and scrap dinner, you can maybe make your MK list happen. Maybe.

Honestly, I don't think so. It would MAYBE be do-able under the old FP system, but with parks the way they are now... no.

If you are determined to try, I would ditch one of your TSes (probably Tony's, as Sci-Fi is cool/unique.) At DHS, arrive before RD and book it to TSMM, then straight to RnRC. ToT should still be manageable after those two, as long as you are there BY (like arrival well before) RD. I am not sure you'll make it w 8AM checkin.

ETA: sub ST for ToT, there. And I would see if you can move your Sci-Fi to 11am. Then to EPCOT; plan to wait for Soarin and do TT singles. If you reserve your FP+ at MK and scrap dinner, you can maybe make your MK list happen. Maybe.

We are shooting for 7:00am check in but with 3 women and stopping to pick up my niece 8:00 is more manageable, but I am telling them we leave my parents house by 6:00 am - I moved Sci- Fi to 11:10, Your right on the money with that. My mom and DD want to try Tony's they love Lady and the Tramp so its a must this trip.

I think that it could work, you might not hit all the rides but as a framework it could work. The only snag I see is getting from MK to DTD. Unless your hotel is near there why make the trip? What about pick up at the Contemporary? You can just walk there or TTC?

Have an awesome trip!!!

Is there not a bus to DTD from MK? I thought that once before that DH and I caught a bus over there at park closing time? If not could I get on the monorail, and head for one of the those resorts, and then caught a bus to DTD? what do you think the time frame on this would be? My brother will pick up coming in from hotel Blvd. Easier access to I-4, So DTD is a must for pick up.

I think the mid-day is what's going to get you...it's the line for Soarin and Test Track...I still suggest going to Epcot the second you finish riding the three attractions at the Studios... sci-fi will slow you down way too much with zero payoff

LovesTimone said:
Is there not a bus to DTD from MK? I thought that once before that DH and I caught a bus over there at park closing time? If not could I get on the monorail, and head for one of the those resorts, and then caught a bus to DTD? what do you think the time frame on this would be? My brother will pick up coming in from hotel Blvd. Easier access to I-4, So DTD is a must for pick up.

Walk to the contemporary from MK and take the bus to DTD. That's your best bet

I think 3 parks with TWO sit down meals is pushing it, especially with MK closing at 8.

I'd cx one sit down meal I think. Get into DHS do the rides and get out - have lunch/snack at World Showcase or Sunshine Seasons instead.

If the goal of this one day is to give your niece a "dream" experience and she loves sit-down eating, then keep it as you have. But, if it were my family and my kids, they would just as soon grab a burger and have more times for rides. Your Mom and DD will be there for the rest of the week and have time to relax and enjoy Tony's another day. Just talk it over with your niece and see what she prefers since you are wanting to make it her special treat. And, I know you know this, but it is sooo important that you are there at the gate and waiting before rope drop....you will not believe the amount of rides you can knock out first thing! In fact, the last two times we went to DHS, they opened the gates a good 15 minutes before rope drop.

I agree with most of the above. Do your 3 rides at HS, then go right to Epcot. You might not be able to do Soarin', unless you get a FP. We have done 3 parks in a day easily, but we usually don't also do 2 TS meals.

Whatever you decide--HAVE FUN!!!

Agree with the Cancel Sci-Fi, its cool, and we enjoyed it, but you are limiting yourself on time, without it you can head straight to the boat and over to epcot, there are several great CS options around the WS where the boat will drop you off, grab something then, and head on over to TT and Soarin and try your best with those wait times, (may not be too bad it will be january after all so you can hope)... and then continue your day!

Just my Two Cents... Whatever you do... JUST HAVE FUN, enjoy what you can and DO NOT STRESS about what you miss!

We did three parks in one day last Friday. For us, it was MK, AK, then finishing out the night with Epcot and evening extra magic hours. Long day, but lots of fun! I think your list sounds ambitious, but doable, with the possible exception of the ADR. Eating in Disney always takes so much more time than one expects, especially with TS. I agree with a previous poster about switching to QS for lunch, either in HS or Epcot. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

If you want to ride, I'll cast another vote for cancelling SciFi. Ride what you can at DHS and take the boat to Epcot.

I'll also second the urgency of making rope drop at DHS. Without it you'll stand no chance of ticking all your boxes.

Good luck and bless you for taking her on this whirlwind tour!

Ronda

I had a 3 park day on a recent trip, but I went the opposite direction as you.
----
I went to Rope Drop at MK because I love the Welcome show. Was tehre through Lunch, about 11:30.

Monorail to Epcot. Rode Test Track, Mission Space, Captain EO. Had to leave Soarin' behind, but not a big deal for me.

Friend Ship to DHS. About 2:30, It was there and not crowded so it didn't take long. This boat makes three stops so it can take a while. The route is however walkable in much less time.

DHS - This is where I had my FP+ booked, so I was able to do TSMM. All other rides were minimal waits. Watched Fantasmic!

Walked BACK to Epcot. Took about 15 minutes, MUCH faster than the boat. Epcot was open until 10, so rode Maelstrom, had a snack and watched Illuminations.
----
This was a wonderful day for me. If you have FP+ you might need to use them for Epcot. TT or Soarin will be priority. January should have low crowds, so I think it is doable for you. Just keep in mind the transportation times between parks. Even the monorail can take longer than expected, especially if you have to wait for it. I think there is also a bus between DHS and Epcot. The difference being the Bus will drop you at the maingate, the boat at International Gateway at the back. It'l be more of a walk to the Future World rides. Those are the things to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter