• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 or 4 night

Stitch1404

DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>I am not so
I am trying to decide what cruise to do! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, our last was over 6 years ago. We are a family of 5 and I am trying to decide whether to do the 3 night or the 4 night. If I did the 3 night it would be in 2 deluxe oceanview staterooms, but if I upgraded to the 4 night we would do 2 standard inside instead and it would still be a little more. I am thinking that if we give up the day at sea by booking the 3 night we will really miss a lot of the ship. I mean, if we are in Nassau one day and Castaway Cay the next, when do we get to explore the ship? Is it worth the extra money and downgraded stateroom to do the 4 night?

Thanks.

Wish I had an answer for you. I'm trying to make the same decision. Have a family of 5 which has to be divided into two staterooms. Last March we did the 4 night on the Wonder. During the extra day at sea, we had brunch at Palo, the kids spent time visiting the captain, exploring the ship, swimming, etc. The day at sea was windy, rough and a little cool, but still we were on the ship. My advice to you would to be add the extra day and go down in quality on the cabins. You really don't spend much time in the rooms anyway and for about the same amount of money (more or less) you could have an extra day on board.

We've done both the 3 day and the 4 day.....

That said the 4 day was less rushed and hectic on CC day then with the 3 day where you are getting ready for dinner and packing luggage, etc....

I felt the full value of that additional day......

You could always try for two connecting SPH rooms (priced as cat 10).

We are booked on the 7 day western later this year and booked cat 11 originally to save money but then I kept checking and a SPH room opened up and it was only $75 more than the inside we originally would have had.

do the 4-day....especially if the cost difference is minimal vs 3-day....the 3-day goes by in nearly the blink of an eye!....

I'd definitely do the 4-day! I've been on the 4-day and found that with only 1 full day at sea there wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted to do on the ship.

We were trying to decide about this time last year. There are only 2 of us, so we didn't have your 2 room issue. We chose the 4 night. In the end, we were quite glad we did. Our CC day was ruined by torrential rains. DW was not a happy camper. She spent much of the afternoon in the fitness center working out her frustrations. :yay: While waiting to get into dinner that evening, we heard an announcement from Captain John that he would attempt a return to CC the next day (when we were supposed to be at sea). Mrs nearly screamed with joy in the main lobby. :banana: Having that extra night gave DCL the option of a plan B.

If it were a decision between a nice cabin or an extra night....the extra night wins with me. Within the past few years we've even found that going from a 7-day to a 10 or 11-day is often not all that much more. On a per day basis, the longer cruises are often cheaper. Of course, all the other costs have to be figured in as well.

We've done both and I'd go with the four. As the people above said -it's not rushed and that extra day at sea is great.

Hi,

I'd say go for the four night. When I use to cruise DCL every year, I was always very concerned with making sure I at least had a Oceanview room. The reason was becuase since hubby and I cruised her so much we enjoyed being in our stateroom as much is not more than exploring the ship etc.

We'll this time, it had been a few years since DH and I finally got to sail on DCL again and we found that when we sailed last month that we spent alot less time in our stateroom this time then what we use too. I attribute that to the fact it had been so long since we cruised her. So, I would say based on my experience...I would do a 4 day instead of the 3 day and if that means a inside stateroom then so be it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter