• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Night Dream - 02-03-11

1 more week!!!
The weather outlook for Nassau/Castaway Cay is listed as mid 70s.... That would be so nice!

The snow has been crazy this month. The last 3 weeks my kids have had 4 snow days, all from different storms, MLK day and 1 sick day. And they'll be missing more school next week. The snow pile at the end of my driveway is taller than my minivan. It is really pretty....

Jeff.

We leave in six days, six days, six days! :banana::banana::banana:
Already updated the out of office assistant message, can't wait to click it on! We've gotten less snow than usual this winter, but it needs to NOT snow next Wednesday. I have a lot of driving to do that day to collect the child at college and then get to the airport. NO SNOW, NO SNOW!

So one week from now I am hoping to be boarding the ship!!! I cannot wait. I agree no snow next Wednesday so we can all get there safely!! Cant wait to see post on the MV to see how the first real cruise went.

Val, how do you feel about a side trip to Ron Jon's prior to going to the port? I know we will all be anxious to get going in the morning and that might kill some time before they open up the line for boarding.

Now to scan the forcast and keep the snow gremblins that visited this wednesday from coming next wednesday.

Ron Jon's sounds like fun! I've never been there before. I will cross my fingers for no snow out your way too!

weather.com for Nassau:

Thu Feb 3
Scattered T-Storms
77° 66° 40%

Fri Feb 4
Isolated T-Storms
77° 64° 30%

Sat Feb 5
Scattered T-Storms
78° 64° 30%

Boo on the T-storms, yeah on the temp!:banana:

OK slow deep breaths. . . . they are calling for snow all day next wedneday. The long range forcast is making me crazy!!

OK slow deep breaths. . . . they are calling for snow all day next wedneday. The long range forcast is making me crazy!!

OMG! I just watched our weather forecast after reading your post. We are expecting a big storm in St. Louis next Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm not sure where you live but I don't like the long range forecast either.

Hopefully we won't have any travel problems and can all make it to the port. Let's look at the Bahamas forecast - makes me happier.

Happy packing and safe travels everyone!

I'm relieved to see that it's a "wintry mix" and not "6 to 12". You've had a weird winter! There's a chocolate martini with your name on it onboard!

I am starting to worry to they are calling for snow here (Columbus Ohio) tues and wed. I am headed out wed. afternoon. Plus if there is a winterstorm it could effect air travel in general! I am going crazzzy i just want to get there!!!

I am starting to worry to they are calling for snow here (Columbus Ohio) tues and wed. I am headed out wed. afternoon. Plus if there is a winterstorm it could effect air travel in general! I am going crazzzy i just want to get there!!!

:sad2: I think you are getting the same storm we are expecting in St. Louis. I just watched the news and you never want to hear them say "biggest storm we have seen in several years" for the day you are traveling. What are they saying for Columbus?

We are supposed to fly on Wednesday also but now I am trying to make contingency plans. I'm considering flying on Monday and praying that the storm closes school for Tuesday & Wednesday. I'd rather be in Orlando if the schools close for a few days than miss the boat. Might even be able to go to Magic Kingdom for the day.

They are predicting the storm to start on Monday here in Denver, with a high of 1 on Tuesday, so whatever accumulates won't melt. Brrr and yuck. The weatherman called it an "Arctic meltdown".

Well the good news is that we have clear weather on Thursday, so if I get cancelled we should be able to catch an early flight. So when is the latest we can check in and still cruise?

We just changed our flights to leave on Tuesday, hopefully we can get out in front of it. An extra day in Orlando, what shall we do?? ;)
Safe travels to all!

We just changed our flights to leave on Tuesday, hopefully we can get out in front of it. An extra day in Orlando, what shall we do?? ;)
Safe travels to all!

Did you have to pay change fees and the fare difference? Where are you flying from?

Did you have to pay change fees and the fare difference? Where are you flying from?

We are flying Southwest. They've been advertising "no change fees". This is actually the second time we've changed the flight times since the original booking. The first time we changed them the price went down and we got a credit. This time the price went back to the original price and we used our credit. So in the end, no real increase and no fees.

We are flying out of Prov RI.

Well the good news is that we have clear weather on Thursday, so if I get cancelled we should be able to catch an early flight. So when is the latest we can check in and still cruise?

I would check with DCL to be sure, but I thought I read that you have to be onboard by 3 pm.

I think I saw another Buckeye on this thread! Go Bucks! Columbus is now saying wintery mix of snow, sleet and rain and also windy. I hate to fly anyway so thats just great! I would fly out a day early but the weather looks worse on tuesday.........

I think I saw another Buckeye on this thread! Go Bucks! Columbus is now saying wintery mix of snow, sleet and rain and also windy. I hate to fly anyway so thats just great! I would fly out a day early but the weather looks worse on tuesday.........

O-H We are in Cleveland and are trying to decide what to do - stay with our Wed. flight and hope it works or change and go on Tuesday. To change to Tuesday Continental would charge the 4 of us $2350 extra!! We will see what they say about the situation tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter