3 Night Adult Only Dream Cruise Questions...

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
I'm approaching my 2nd DCL cruise, first time was a family cruise with my children. Since this time is just me and my wife, I started looking at some of the adult locations on the ship that we did not take advantage of during our family cruise. I looked at many videos on YouTube and the one thing I did NOT see (that was in abundance during prior cruises on Carnival) was waiters/waitresses on deck serving drinks. Prior non DCL cruises seemed to have people everywhere on the main decks to serve drinks. I don't recall anyone available on DCL serving drinks on deck...besides the actual bartender. It's not a big deal, I'm sure I can manage to get my own drinks, but since this is a rare opportunity for us to be on a DCL cruise without our kids...and the Dream seems to have so many nooks and crannies along the main decks to hang out, it would be nice if they had wait staff available to offer drinks. Maybe they are there and I just never noticed them since Disney is not as aggressive pushing drinks on you as non DCL cruises. Just thought I would ask.

One other odd observation I had looking at videos of past Dream cruises on YouTube. It appears the actual adult only areas/bars on deck have no music at all. I get that it's supposed to be "quiet" since it's 18+, but it seems almost boring to hang out and enjoy drinks and have no music in the background. It's almost like you can go to the main pool area with all the chaos (including music) or go to the other extreme and go to adults only area and have drinks in silence. I was looking for something in between. Maybe the adult only pool bar areas are not as quiet as they seem...hard to tell watching these videos. Just hoping they at least pipe in some cruise music in the background.

Thanks

We did a 3 night adults only cruise a couple of years ago. Not to worry, there are plenty of servers on deck to get your drinks. :drinking1 As for music, I honestly can't remember but I do recall live entertainment in the adult area at certain times during our trip. Here is the link to the Trip report I did on our adult's only cruise. Sorry , no video. http://www.disboards.com/threads/ou...-13-6-02-13-updated-w-all-navigators.3121863/

Last edited:
There are definitely servers walking around serving drinks. Keep in mind the bars dont open until 10 am I think, so you wont see servers until then.

We always go to the adult pool area and have never noticed the silence you are afraid of. I cant remember is there is music in the area or not.

Make sure you book meal at Palo or Remy! you wont be sorry.

I had several people come by offering to sell me drinks on the Dream -- in both adult and family areas.

The adult area is definitely not silent, though it is pretty calm. I remember there being music, but just at a much softer volume than the main pool area.

I think my only complaint of the adult pool area is that everyone that comes up the front elevators walks through the adult pool area with their families to go to the main pool area or cabanas.

You'll definitely enjoy your adults-only cruise! We've done a couple 3-night on the Dream without kids and it's a great break.

While I don't remember background music in the Quiet Cove Pool area, the DCL website says "During the day, music adds to Quiet Cove Pool's soothing atmosphere." In the afternoons/evenings there are occasional live performers.

I can definitely say there is music in the Quiet cove pool area as well as the uper deck bar area on the Dream.

There is always someone walking around getting you drinks and once they know you're there, they will keep an eye on you and come by more frequently.

I usually skip the shows and that's usually when I see the live band hanging out at the quiet cove pool area.

We have done many cruises on the dream and the adult pool area usually has live entertainment. I believe the last few time it was the same guy with a guitar. I really enjoy it. If he isn't playing they usually have music it just is not loud. On the top deck it is more calm music also.
We are also going on a three night for the first time with no kids!
I have never used the day spa pass anyone have any reviews on this...
We have never gone to the adult beach at castaway either...reviews on this...
Any other tips and reviews !! Thanks in advance ...and thanks for starting this thread!!

:drinking1there are definitely plenty of servers for drinks! Looking forward to our adults only cruise on the Dream in May! I will have to see what they have for live entertainment I never noticed it when we were on the Fantasy

We just did the 2/6 Dream 3 night cruise with no kids. There were definitely waiters walking around - not a ton, but the adult areas are not that big. Also, there was music, but I agree with an earlier poster that is is a pretty calm area. What surprised us the most was the difference between the side of the divider that had kids and the side that was adults only. Withing a 1 foot space, you were able to completely forget there were kids on the boat. We have three little ones, and really didn't even notice kids that much except in the dining rooms. Definitely book at Palo or Remy - food in the main dining rooms is good, but it definitely has more of a rushed/loud feel to it, and not exactly romantic. Also, we loved the bar between Palo and Remy - that is a GREAT adult only space. Have fun!

There are definitely waiters in the adults-only areas but they don't bug you like I've heard other cruise lines do. They might approach a first time but won't keep hassling you; they keep it pretty low key. But I find that you can usually catch their eye when you want something. If you really want to be sure to be remembered and get really prompt service, add an additional tip to the included 15% tip. The included tip is split amongst all bar staff; if you add an additional amount it goes directly to the server. You don't have to add much $0.50-1.00 (depending on what you order). I find that it tends to get you even better service and you only have to raise your glass slightly if you want a second one to get quick response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter