3 months free on APs

This is great news except for more crowds .
Hope their construction timeline is faster than Disney.
But it sure seems like UniversalStudios wants to welcome all to their happy place including me.
I currently love Universal … Disney not so much anymore.
Disney just feels meaner than the grinch year round .

Would love to know how long this will be offered too. I have airmiles vouchers for tickets for August 20th that I have to be at UO to redeem. Then we are upgrading to APs.

Can you upgrade a buy 2 get 3 days free ticket to an annual pass? If so, when would you upgrade before it's used or while you're using it?

Can you upgrade a buy 2 get 3 days free ticket to an annual pass? If so, when would you upgrade before it's used or while you're using it?
Either one. You can upgrade universal tickets to annual passes before or during your stay. You cannot do it after the tickets have been used.

I just called Universal and they were able to change my nephew’s pass from the 12 month to the 15 month. We just purchased it last week and hadn’t used it yet. I’m not sure if that will work for everyone or not. It might depend on when you purchased it. She did say that it wouldn’t work if you’ve already activated the pass. Thank you @mamapenguin for the news.

Called Universal today - the lovely TM said they've been getting lots of calls from people who had purchased APs before this promo started. She said they are technically not supposed to add the promo to APs purchased before the promo started, and thus not to share stories of success on social media ;). It did sound like if APs were activated, were purchased at a different price than the current AP pricing, or were bought with the FlexPay monthly payments, then you were SOL.

TM said the promo is supposed to go through Sept 29th, and you can upgrade an unactivated AP at the ticket windows until then.

To note: you will be credited for the Universal price on those tickets (ie, 2 day price & not as 5 day price), and if you have 3 park tickets and go to Volcano Bay, you must upgrade to a 3 park AP.

Thanks. Opened the link. Found annual passes and clicked on buy now but it is taking me to day tickets. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it really true that there is no time limit to activate the pass? I wonder if one could wait long enough for the pass to still be good for Epic Universe when it opens Summer 2025?

If someone wishes to upgrade the 2 days/get 3 days free to an AP before the trip starts, is that done through their phone line? My start date is in the same month as the apparent cutoff date to get the 3 extra months; I'm worried it may be risky to wait 'til I'm actually there in case they decide to move that cutoff date.

If someone wishes to upgrade the 2 days/get 3 days free to an AP before the trip starts, is that done through their phone line? My start date is in the same month as the apparent cutoff date to get the 3 extra months; I'm worried it may be risky to wait 'til I'm actually there in case they decide to move that cutoff date.
What is the cutoff date to get the 3 months?

Is it really true that there is no time limit to activate the pass? I wonder if one could wait long enough for the pass to still be good for Epic Universe when it opens Summer 2025?
There's really no way they can't exclude a brand new park from passes priced for their existing 2 or 3 parks. It is going to have to be a whole new pricing structure when EU opens. The better question is whether they will still sell APs for 2 or 3 excluding EU when it opens, or if they will only offer EU inclusive options & require older inactivated APs to be upgraded accordingly.

Did you buy direct from Universal? I would call & see, I would be surprised if you couldn't do it but you never know. You might be able to get your tickets refunded & buy the APs instead if they can't upgrade over the phone.

There's really no way they can't exclude a brand new park from passes priced for their existing 2 or 3 parks. It is going to have to be a whole new pricing structure when EU opens. The better question is whether they will still sell APs for 2 or 3 excluding EU when it opens, or if they will only offer EU inclusive options & require older inactivated APs to be upgraded accordingly.

Did you buy direct from Universal? I would call & see, I would be surprised if you couldn't do it but you never know. You might be able to get your tickets refunded & buy the APs instead if they can't upgrade over the phone.
I got them through a discounted ticket-plus-hotel deal from UT. I suppose I'll just phone Universal one of these days and see how they react to that. In the past I did upgrade a UT-purchased ticket at Guest Relations in the park when curiosity got the better of me; my assumption was that they would quote some absurd amount, but it was just the opposite, almost nothing to upgrade it so I couldn't "not" do it.

I got them through a discounted ticket-plus-hotel deal from UT. I suppose I'll just phone Universal one of these days and see how they react to that. In the past I did upgrade a UT-purchased ticket at Guest Relations in the park when curiosity got the better of me; my assumption was that they would quote some absurd amount, but it was just the opposite, almost nothing to upgrade it so I couldn't "not" do it.
You can definitely upgrade UT tickets in person. I'm just not sure about if you can upgrade them over the phone ahead of time. I'd call - worst they can do is say no.

In case you haven't called yet, I did this morning on my ticket only purchase from TicketsAtWork. Previously I've ordered 3rd party tickets and then upgraded to the pass when I got on site and went to Guest Relations.

Call center did confirm that Guest Relations on site will apply the cash value of your activated 3rd party ticket towards an annual pass. However, they would not upgrade the ticket to an annual pass for me over the phone. They just kept pushing me to refund with the 3rd party provider and then buy an annual pass direct.

For my purposes, I'm not traveling until November, but I know the likelihood of a refund from TicketsAtWork is nil... So just accepting that I will be able to get an annual pass, it did save me $40, but probably won't get the 3 month promo.

In case you haven't called yet, I did this morning on my ticket only purchase from TicketsAtWork. Previously I've ordered 3rd party tickets and then upgraded to the pass when I got on site and went to Guest Relations.

Call center did confirm that Guest Relations on site will apply the cash value of your activated 3rd party ticket towards an annual pass. However, they would not upgrade the ticket to an annual pass for me over the phone. They just kept pushing me to refund with the 3rd party provider and then buy an annual pass direct.

For my purposes, I'm not traveling until November, but I know the likelihood of a refund from TicketsAtWork is nil... So just accepting that I will be able to get an annual pass, it did save me $40, but probably won't get the 3 month promo.
I have not called, but am not surprised to hear about your call's outcome. From the little phone interaction I have had with Universal (and Disney) personnel, it seems to me they should call themselves Customer Disservice. I can always hear in their voice how they are trying to find any way not to do what they are being asked to do. Anyway, I have decided to inquire about the AP upgrade on-site in September and take a gamble on whether the extension promo will still exist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter