3 little boys, 2 new parks to explore & 1 first time onsite & ddp!

Sorry to hear about the cruise! BUT your new plans sound great! 10 days! :yay:

I can't give advice on the time of the year, but I think the change of pace to a waterpark would be REALLY fun. I've read they offer stuff for all ages too. $200 is a LOT of money for just a waterpark though...I wonder if they ever offer discounts for the waterparks...:confused:

ETA: I love your Easter pics - looks like a great weekend!

It's pretty hot, Tracy. Let's just put it to you this way....I wore Cole in the baby bjorn the week we were there in '07 (he was 3 mos. old!) and when I too him off there was a big nasty sweat mark down the front of me...very attractive....lol!!:laughing: There is SO much air conditioning down there in the parks with all the rides and attractions that we took complete advantage of it.:thumbsup2 Just a tip that worked great for us that trip (and this one, too!) we did our sit down meals at lunch time so it made us get off our feet for an hour+ and enjoy a nice leisurely lunch in the a/c to cool off and refresh ourselves.....plus, if Cole is still napping at that point, it was a nice time to fill his belly, put him back in the stroller and he'd sleep there for a good hour every day...worked like a charm!!!:goodvibes

Yuck, that doesn't sound like fun. I hope it won't be too bad. I guess the good news is I can focuse on mainly bringing short sleeve/sleeveless shirts and shorts for the trip. Thanks for the tip about lunch. That is a good idea. I'm not sure if I could do the big meal at lunch time though and a smaller one for supper but it is a good idea to get out of the heat for a little while longer. I am worried about Cole's napping on the trip. If he is still taking them, hopefully, then I don't know how it will work. Our last trip he was a baby and still breastfed so when it was nap time I stopped to nurse him then let him sleep in the stroller. It won't be that easy this time.

too funny- Owen was 8 weeks when we went in Sept and Myles was 3 1/2- we would leave the parks around 2 and spend a few hours at the pool each day- it was the BEST!!! Then head back for dinner and to see the parks at night. It rained a bit for the first few days- but then it was really nice. We only had one or two days when the heat was HORRIBLE. That is probably why I do not like HS - :rotfl: It was miserable that day.

That is another good idea. Not sure if I'd be able to tear myself and everyone else away from the parks but if it is too warm I'm sure we will go for the break. HORRIBLE heat:eek:I don't like the sound of that,lol.

Sorry to hear about the cruise! BUT your new plans sound great! 10 days! :yay:

I can't give advice on the time of the year, but I think the change of pace to a waterpark would be REALLY fun. I've read they offer stuff for all ages too. $200 is a LOT of money for just a waterpark though...I wonder if they ever offer discounts for the waterparks...:confused:

ETA: I love your Easter pics - looks like a great weekend!

Yeah, 10 nights!!:woohoo: I think it would be fun as well. I'll have to see about the discounts.

THanks about the Easter pics

Thank you to everyone for the input about the waterparks. I have decided we will give it a try. I think the boys would LOVE it. I did find out that you can get tickets for it seperately or at the gate so I think that is what I'll do when I find out more about the weather.

I have come up with a general idea of what parks we will tour on which days. I'm sure it will change some (or a lot:rolleyes1) but ya have to start somewhere right?! I'd love to hear what you think.

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first). We will do our first charater breakfast at Crystal Palace this morning and hopefully get to see the park pretty empty.

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. I'm not real sure what Jerry, Cole and I will do at this time. Then we will pack up when they return (about 11:30) and head to the beach. We will probably grab something to eat on the way there. Spend a few hours at the beach (takes an hour to get there) and come back to the resort about 5:30. Eat supper at resort and just relax at the resort.

Wednesday, Sept.30th~Ohana for breakfast and then Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon(since we never have) stopping somewhere for supper.

Thursday, Oct. 1st~Disney Hollywood Studios day (our first time):woohoo:

Friday, Oct. 2nd~Epcot day (our first time):thumbsup2

Saturday, Oct.3rd~ Blizzard Beach day (weather permitting) Is it crazy to do this on a Saturday or ok since it is the slower time of year??

Sunday, Oct.4th~ probably DHS again (maybe resort pool in afternoon)

Monday, Oct.5th~ I am hoping to do a resort family photo shoot (probably GF) this morning. Then, probably Epcot again or whichever park we want to see more of. (maybe resort pool in afternoon)

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. I like to do this at the end of the trip because it seems like if you passed something up at the parks for a souvenire you can generally find it here if you decided you want it. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney:sad:

Now I need to work on food. If anyone has advice on this it would be appreciated. It will be tough mainly because I am a pretty picky eater. It will probably have to be mainly american food places. As long as they have good steak or bbq ribs though (and kids chicken for Blake, who is picky also) then it will be fine.

Thank you to everyone for the input about the waterparks. I have decided we will give it a try. I think the boys would LOVE it. I did find out that you can get tickets for it seperately or at the gate so I think that is what I'll do when I find out more about the weather.

I have come up with a general idea of what parks we will tour on which days. I'm sure it will change some (or a lot:rolleyes1) but ya have to start somewhere right?! I'd love to hear what you think.

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.

Good idea to get a nice good rest the first night!

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first). We will do our first charater breakfast at Crystal Palace this morning and hopefully get to see the park pretty empty.

We are doing the same thing!!

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. I'm not real sure what Jerry, Cole and I will do at this time. Then we will pack up when they return (about 11:30) and head to the beach. We will probably grab something to eat on the way there. Spend a few hours at the beach (takes an hour to get there) and come back to the resort about 5:30. Eat supper at resort and just relax at the resort.
This day sounds REALLY NICE!!

Wednesday, Sept.30th~Ohana for breakfast and then Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon(since we never have) stopping somewhere for supper.
LOVE OHANA!!

Thursday, Oct. 1st~Disney Hollywood Studios day (our first time):woohoo:

Friday, Oct. 2nd~Epcot day (our first time):thumbsup2

Saturday, Oct.3rd~ Blizzard Beach day (weather permitting) Is it crazy to do this on a Saturday or ok since it is the slower time of year??
I would think with locals it would be busy on a saturday - but what do I know!:confused3
Sunday, Oct.4th~ probably DHS again (maybe resort pool in afternoon)

Monday, Oct.5th~ I am hoping to do a resort family photo shoot (probably GF) this morning. Then, probably Epcot again or whichever park we want to see more of. (maybe resort pool in afternoon)
We are doing GF- I will make sure to post my pics from it!!

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. I like to do this at the end of the trip because it seems like if you passed something up at the parks for a souvenire you can generally find it here if you decided you want it. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney:sad:
Earl of Sandwich looks SO yummy in DTD!

Now I need to work on food. If anyone has advice on this it would be appreciated. It will be tough mainly because I am a pretty picky eater. It will probably have to be mainly american food places. As long as they have good steak or bbq ribs though (and kids chicken for Blake, who is picky also) then it will be fine.

Great plans so far!!

Your plans look really great! Smart idea on resting the first day, and I love that you saved MNSSHP until the very end-a perfect way to wrap up your trip!

Ohana is AWESOME. So so yummy. We also enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wolfgang Pucks Express is a great value CS with a lot of choices and good food!, Earl of Sandwich is yummy, I've read that the steak at Coral Reef is amazing (some rate it better than LeCellier), I've read that Chef Mickey's has a great breakfast, but we wen't overly fond of the dinner (but the characters made up for that!), Kona always seems to great great reviews too. We really liked The Wave on our last trip, and it's just down the monorail from MK - a nice little side trip from the park. YUMMY cheeseburgers! Sci-Fi also gets great reviews on their cheeseburgers and shakes. 50s was a lot of fun, and good food too! And Brown Derby always seems very popular.

Those are my "we enjoyed" and "I really want to try" places - I cannot recall the menus from all of them, so not sure about the chicken...but most have pretty normal menus!

Making ADRs is always so fun, but a lot of work! I'm always worried about it being a big flop. I can't wait to read about your choices!

The new plan sounds great! I'm sure the boys will have a blast. I was going to suggest the Sci-Fi for one of your meals too b/c I bet the boys will love it. That's one of DD's fave memories of our trip when she was 3! The food is just okay, fine for burgers/shakes, but the atmosphere is great, esp when you're a kid!

Ok, I FINALLY think I have to whole dining thing figured out. It took me a LOT of time, research, scheduling to try and figure this out so I hope it is good and worth the effort. I won't know for definate of course until they release the park hours and such. Hopefully I don't have to change too much.

Here it is thus far:

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.supper OOP

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first).
Crystal Palace for the character breakfast(first time)
Cosmic Rays for lunch
Pecos Bills for supper(first time)

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. Jerry and I (and Cole) will get ready and pack van for the beach while they are gone.
breakfast will be misc. at our resort that we have brought i.e donuts, cereal,etc
we will grab lunch OOP at a drive thru on the way to the beach
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper (first time)

Wednesday, Sept.3~ Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon since we never have.
breakfast of misc. at resort
Flame Tree BBQ for lunch (first time)
The Wave for supper (first time)

Thursday, Oct. 1st~Disney Hollywood Studios day (our first time)
breakfast of misc. at resot
Pizza Planet for lunch (first time)
Sci Fi for supper (first time)

Friday, Oct. 2nd~Epcot day (our first time)
Cape May Cafe character breakfast (first time)
Electric Umbrella for lunch(first time)
Coral Reef for supper (first time)

Saturday, Oct.3rd~ Blizzard Beach day (weather permitting)
Ohana character breakfast (first time)
Avalunch for lunch (first time)
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper

Sunday, Oct.4th~ probably Epcot again
Electric Umbrella ? for lunch
head to Chef Mickey's for supper (first time)

Monday, Oct.5th~ DHS again (GF photo shoot in a.m.)
Backlot Express for lunch (first time)
50's Prime Time Cafe ? for supper (first time)

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney
T Rex restaurant OOP for lunch (first time)
Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills for supper

Ok, this is what I have planned at least until they come out with park hours then some days might get switched around.

Did I make good choices? I'd love to hear any opinions.Thanks

Tracy, WOW, you put a lot of time into this. It looks GREAT!!:thumbsup2 Make sure you get an earlier time for Coral Reef for dinner, remember my fiasco last trip? It was a nightmare!! You're going to LOVE Chef Mickeys (and so will the boys!), you made some great choices!!!!:banana:

Can you tell me about the GF photo shoot? How much does it cost? When do you make ressies? Maybe that would be a nice gift to Mom while we're there in September? Any thoughts? Thanks!!:goodvibes

Thanks everyone for commenting. I don't have any real updates I just have another question. I'm trying to prepare for when they release the park hours in case I don't have much time in between then and my 90 day mark. Since this will be our first time onsite I'm trying to decide whether or not to take advantage of the EMH. I think it would be neat and a waste not to but I'm worried about the crowds. I've always heard that it is more crowded on EMH days but do I need to worry about this too much at the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. since it's not supposed to be that busy then? Please help me decide how we should plan based on the EMH. THanks:flower3:

Tracy, WOW, you put a lot of time into this. It looks GREAT!!:thumbsup2 Make sure you get an earlier time for Coral Reef for dinner, remember my fiasco last trip? It was a nightmare!! You're going to LOVE Chef Mickeys (and so will the boys!), you made some great choices!!!!:banana:

Can you tell me about the GF photo shoot? How much does it cost? When do you make ressies? Maybe that would be a nice gift to Mom while we're there in September? Any thoughts? Thanks!!:goodvibes

Kristen,

I am a picture NUT so I always think pictures are a good idea,lol. I am going to call today and try and get the prices because they have gone up considerably from what I hear so I want to get it straight. I'll let you know.

Your ADRs look really great! Your kids will love Chef Mickey's - it's really fun!!! So many things for the first time, I bet you are just PUMPED!

We did NOT enjoy the Electric Umbrella. It wasn't bad, but there are some awesome choices in Epcot, so I felt like it was such a waste to eat here. The American Pavillion also has burgers and fries, which I've heard are much better. Sunshine Seasons (located in The Land, near Soarin') gets really great reviews and has a lot of options.

The one perk of Electric Umbrella is free refills! :thumbsup2

EMH does make the park noticably busier. I cannot recall-do you have Hoppers? You could take advantage of the EMH only during the EMH time and then hop to a different park without EMH.

If you don't have hoppers, I would probably say avoid MK on EMH and nights with Spectro, and avoid DHS on nights with Fantasmic, those things truly make the park much busier. Unless of course these are "must do's" on your list, then they are worth fighting the crowds for! :goodvibes

If you have AK EMH, take advantage. That park is really neat in the dark, and if you are into thrill rides (I can't recall, sorry!) EE at night is INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Ok, I FINALLY think I have to whole dining thing figured out. It took me a LOT of time, research, scheduling to try and figure this out so I hope it is good and worth the effort. I won't know for definate of course until they release the park hours and such. Hopefully I don't have to change too much.

Here it is thus far:

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.supper OOP

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first).
Cosmic Rays for lunch

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. Jerry and I (and Cole) will get ready and pack van for the beach while they are gone.
breakfast will be misc. at our resort that we have brought i.e donuts, cereal,etc

Wednesday, Sept.3~ Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon since we never have.

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney

Ok, this is what I have planned at least until they come out with park hours then some days might get switched around.

It looks great ... :thumbsup2

Cosmic Rays & Pecos Bills are great!!! those are our favorite CS
Monday is the best day to start the morning at MK because sunday is the Emh at MK so it will not get busy till after 12pm there, so get there at rope drop and enjoy the empty park..

Here it is thus far:

Cosmic Rays for lunch

Kristen,

I am a picture NUT so I always think pictures are a good idea,lol. I am going to call today and try and get the prices because they have gone up considerably from what I hear so I want to get it straight. I'll let you know.

Thanks Tracy, I appreciate it. Is it included in the photopass if you prebuy? Any idea how far in advance you need to book? Thinking this may be a nice option for my Mom's birthday as another surprise, you know? Hope you're well!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter