3 Generations Wandering the Wilderness from "Cabin" Camping to Club Level-FW & WL

Y'all were off to a great start at EPCOT that day!

That lunch sounds delicious! But, I definitely would also need a nap after eating something like that. :faint:

Love the picture with the ducks surrounding Bill! Is he a duck whisperer? :laughing:

The Canada exhibit is really a hidden gem. For years we thought that there was nothing down that path except Le Cellier. Then a few years ago we decided to wander down the path just to see if there was anything interesting down there and found the most beautiful garden in all of Epcot. It was during the Flower & Garden show and the garden was gorgeous. The rocks and the path through there iare fun, too. :thumbsup2

Those fries looked so good! In Maine we have a large population of French Canadians in fact my mother's side of the family is all french Canadian so fries with gravy are something we grew up with but I've never seen cheese on them. I'll have to try that sometime. Do you know what kind of cheese it was?

Bill is the Pide Piper of Ducks! :rotfl2:

All of the photo's are great but I particularly love the family photo at the end!

What a great first day of Epcot. You all got oh so much in this morning.

Your pictures of Canada are lovely. It's been a few years since we explored that ares and will definitely need to roam that way next trip. My daughter hasn't been too interested in world showcase yet but hoping to string her in with the kid cots this time.

Lunch looks great but definitely heavy. But that poutine looks awesome. Fries, wine sauce, and truffles. Sounds like bliss.

OMG that pretzel bread :goodvibes I love it! I could make a meal of that & the Cheese Soup ::yes:: in fact some of that pretzel bread somehow found it's way into my purse :rolleyes1
They used to have a great burger on the lunch menu. But when they went to 2TS credit for lunch I guess they took off the burger. So now we won't do lunch there either, it is too heavy I agree.

The gardens are supposed to be a replica of the Bushart Gardens in Victoria on Vancouver Island. Beautiful.

My cousin used to work in Le Cel he did the 1 year international representative thing.
Too funny with test track!!
I always have to do Spaceship Earth on the way out!!

You guys got a lot done! I guess that's what can happen if you wake up at a good time and get to the parks :rolleyes1

Lunch looked delicious! I almost got that salmon but decided on the pasta instead. The pasta was fabulous but the salmon looks mighty good as well. I need to get mom there to try the creme brulee.

We will be staying CL at WL 10/22-28. All the photos of food offerings look so great! By any chance is it possible to get a menu of what will be offered during our stay? I have made ADRs for each evening and I am thinking I may want to rethink some of these plans and go with lunch ADRs instead on a particular evening. I hate to think of us eating in club area and than not wanting to go right out for a big meal. With the cancellation fees we would not be able to just cancel at last minute.

Y'all were off to a great start at EPCOT that day!

That lunch sounds delicious! But, I definitely would also need a nap after eating something like that. :faint:

Love the picture with the ducks surrounding Bill! Is he a duck whisperer? :laughing:

:rotfl: Really weird!

On our first EP afternoon, we did the left half. On this particular day, we did the right half. The only thing I regret not doing is walking back around World Showcase....didn't get to that at all. The kids could care less, but I enjoy it. Oh well...thank goodness we'll be back at some point ;)

The Canada exhibit is really a hidden gem. For years we thought that there was nothing down that path except Le Cellier. Then a few years ago we decided to wander down the path just to see if there was anything interesting down there and found the most beautiful garden in all of Epcot. It was during the Flower & Garden show and the garden was gorgeous. The rocks and the path through there iare fun, too. :thumbsup2

While we were waiting with the kids, mom went and saw the Circle Vision thing...she said it was good and worth seeing. I think they've revamped it. Not the old one.

Those fries looked so good! In Maine we have a large population of French Canadians in fact my mother's side of the family is all french Canadian so fries with gravy are something we grew up with but I've never seen cheese on them. I'll have to try that sometime. Do you know what kind of cheese it was?

Those fries are heavenly!! I think it was Canadian Cheddar. There were several other types of fries, too....just don't remember off the top of my head what they are.

Bill is the Pide Piper of Ducks! :rotfl2:

All of the photo's are great but I particularly love the family photo at the end!

Thanks!!

And, Bill and the ducks...strange but funny!

What a great first day of Epcot. You all got oh so much in this morning.

Your pictures of Canada are lovely. It's been a few years since we explored that ares and will definitely need to roam that way next trip. My daughter hasn't been too interested in world showcase yet but hoping to string her in with the kid cots this time.

Lunch looks great but definitely heavy. But that poutine looks awesome. Fries, wine sauce, and truffles. Sounds like bliss.

I understand your daughter not being crazy about World Showcase. Stephen enjoys it, but Faith and Jesse could take it or leave it. We usually have dinner in one of the restaurants towards the back, but didn't this time....so no roaming around for us. Maybe you can bribe her with the Kids Cot:thumbsup2 and she'll never be the wiser.

OMG that pretzel bread :goodvibes I love it! I could make a meal of that & the Cheese Soup ::yes:: in fact some of that pretzel bread somehow found it's way into my purse :rolleyes1
They used to have a great burger on the lunch menu. But when they went to 2TS credit for lunch I guess they took off the burger. So now we won't do lunch there either, it is too heavy I agree.

:rotfl: That's funny, Sue!! Needed a snack for later, huh?!

The gardens are supposed to be a replica of the Bushart Gardens in Victoria on Vancouver Island. Beautiful.

No kidding!? I had no idea. Great piece of info! Thanks.

My cousin used to work in Le Cel he did the 1 year international representative thing.
Too funny with test track!!
I always have to do Spaceship Earth on the way out!!

Did you get to see your cousin while he worked there? That would have been cool.

You guys got a lot done! I guess that's what can happen if you wake up at a good time and get to the parks :rolleyes1

:laughing: I detect some sarcasm there, sleepy head ;)

Lunch looked delicious! I almost got that salmon but decided on the pasta instead. The pasta was fabulous but the salmon looks mighty good as well. I need to get mom there to try the creme brulee.

Take her for dinner. I'll never again do lunch there....I was pretty much done for the afternoon after the meal :upsidedow Of course the 95 degree weather didn't help. If it had been cooler, lunch might have been fine.

We will be staying CL at WL 10/22-28. All the photos of food offerings look so great! By any chance is it possible to get a menu of what will be offered during our stay? I have made ADRs for each evening and I am thinking I may want to rethink some of these plans and go with lunch ADRs instead on a particular evening. I hate to think of us eating in club area and than not wanting to go right out for a big meal. With the cancellation fees we would not be able to just cancel at last minute.

:wave2:

The first time we did CL at the Poly, we had dining ressies for every evening as well. Looking back, we should have taken advantage of the lounge offerings at least a few nights. I know that I've seen menus listed, but not sure they have them this far in advance. Have you been over to the WL Thread? KOOK might be able to answer that question.

(and if you're reading this, KOOK, can you answer :teeth:)

If you like cobbler, one thing you definitely want to do is make sure you get back in time for the desserts! Outstanding!!!

Following Along :)

:wave: Glad you popped in to say hello! Hope you enjoy!

Yes, I did see him, and got the family & friends rate for AKL :goodvibes

I wonder if I walked up and asked, would they sell me some pretzel bread? :laughing: I love that stuff.

Poutine is usually made with the gravy & cheese curds over the fries! Just ask any good Canadian girl :upsidedow

Ugh, think I'm going to start the dreaded packing tomorrow. Start laying things out, try to decide what to take :faint: but before you start laughing at me I want to know your final count of shirts, shorts & shoes from last trip ::yes::

This should keep me occupied for the next week & a half untill we leave!!

Hello!! :cheer2:

I am late to the trip report but dont worry, I read and enjoyed the entire thing tonight. In fact, I used your Ft. Wilderness pics and review to convince my hubby to stay for two nights in the cabins and enjoy FW! So thank you for that....(he is a bit of a disneyphobe...though he is softening) So anyways just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your report!!:coffee:

Cheers,
Cathy

Yes, I did see him, and got the family & friends rate for AKL :goodvibes

Lucky you!!! We keep trying to convince/brainwash one of the kids into doing the college program :laughing:

I wonder if I walked up and asked, would they sell me some pretzel bread? :laughing: I love that stuff.

I dare you! ::yes::

Ugh, think I'm going to start the dreaded packing tomorrow. Start laying things out, try to decide what to take :faint: but before you start laughing at me I want to know your final count of shirts, shorts & shoes from last trip ::yes::

This should keep me occupied for the next week & a half untill we leave!!

Yep! You better! Half your wardrobe goes with you....that's quite a feat :laughing: I've already started laughing...sorry :blush: Would you believe me if I said I really did cut down on the clothes and shoes??? Seriously I did. But that's only because I knew I was going to do laundry while there. Now, when I start packing for the cruise, that's gonna be another story...

Get busy, Sue...you only have a week and a half to pack the house! :goodvibes

Hello!! :cheer2:

I am late to the trip report but dont worry, I read and enjoyed the entire thing tonight. In fact, I used your Ft. Wilderness pics and review to convince my hubby to stay for two nights in the cabins and enjoy FW! So thank you for that....(he is a bit of a disneyphobe...though he is softening) So anyways just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your report!!:coffee:

Cheers,
Cathy

Hi Cathy :wave2: You're not late ;) We're still moving right along - about halfway through. Happy to have you stop by and glad you're enjoying our pictures! And very happy to hear that your hubby has been convinced to try the Fort:thumbsup2 Maybe he'll like the cabins since they aren't your typical resort...not lots of people and hustle and bustle. Maybe just maybe he'll love it there so much that he will become a Disney convert ;) You can also check out the FW Thread (link is in my signature) if you want more info on the Fort.

More to come shortly :thumbsup2

Day 7
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Part 1

Let’s see…where did we leave off??? I think we were at the WL so I could take a nap! ;)

Dad snapped a couple of shots of Bay Lake. Again, notice the balcony….had to lean over to really get a good view. But not gonna harp on that. Too many other wonderful things at the Lodge!

Then he caught Old Faithful erupting!

The boys left me alone to nap and went to the pool. Aren’t they sweet?! When mama's happy, everybody's happy!! ;)

We had dinner in the lounge, and then had to be at DHS by 7:15 to catch our first FP. I used our 3 FPs for our nighttime activities; Toy Story, Star Tours and Tower of Terror. One thing that kind of irritates me about these FPs is the fact that EP and DHS have certain attractions that are tiered :headache: So for example, I couldn’t book RR and TSM together because they are both Tier 1rides. Oh well….

Before viewing the pictures below please know - believe it or not - we were having the time of our lives…facial expressions are not exhibiting our enthusiasm (not even a little). :confused3 Of course waiting on the bus isn’t always my most favorite past time, but we were headed for Toy Story! One of our favorites!

Pop thought he was being funny snapping these candid shots…what a comedian he is!?!

They only get better. We’re not even conversing! :laughing: And Bill looks like he’s ready to shed a tear or two over the money he’s spent…

Good times, folks….these were good times ::yes::

We finally arrived at DHS, and the first ride up was Star Tours. Now let me tell y’all that Dad and I can’t do these simulator rides anymore. Not good at all. We found out, too, that rollercoasters have become our nemesis. :sad2:That being said, mom and the kids went to Star Tours. And guess what we ran across???

Had no idea that this was being previewed. We watched it! AWESOME! Couldn’t wait to get home and see the actual movie. If y’all haven’t seen this movie, you should….especially if you’re a real Disney fan.

While we waited for TSM FP time, we watched the Muppet 3D…always good for a laugh.

I became the Disney Photographer for a brief moment. It had been raining a bit and lightening was popping around us, so the photographers were on break.

You know what ride this is!

Continued to next post…

Continued from previous post....

Day7
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Part 2

Then it was The Little Mermaid! Always a winner in my book!

Time for Faith’s favorite ride!!! Tower of Terror! :yay:

There were 3 boys (no names mentioned :rolleyes1) that were/are a bit frightened of this ride….

And believe you me, Faith doesn't let them forget it.

Did you notice Faith’s head wear??? Everyone that viewed the Maleficent Preview received these paper horns. So, Faith and I sported these the rest of the evening. ;)

Our most evil/villain look…:confused3

ToT is a must-do at night!! At totally different feel.

One of the reasons we decided to do DHS on this night was because of Fantasmic. There were 2 shows, but we decided on the later….10:30. It’s nice now that the kids are a bit older. We can close the parks down if our hearts desire! Unfortunately Bill’s back was not cooperating. He had been having trouble prior to the trip, and waltzing around Disney World probably wasn’t the best medicine. So, he and Jesse went back to the WL to rest.

They did get a father and son shot (man-purse included :upsidedow)

The rest of us needed a snack before the show.

While these things look disgusting, they’re actually quite good.

Smile! Say cheese! :teeth:….and so Stephen did. Not sure what this smile represents...

We did not have FPs for Fantasmic, and we were fine. However, it would have cut out on some of the confusion. I forgot how big this place was!!!

An excellent show! Pictures aren’t great, but kinda hard to get good ones at night when you’re so far from the subject.

The finale is really spectacular!!! Love it!!

On the way out, we stopped up front for a night shot at the Studios.

Then it was time to head back.

Club Level tidbit… Before we left the lounge to head to DHS, mom mentioned to one of the CMs that she was so disappointed that we were going to miss the cobbler. His reply… “If there is any left, we’ll be happy to put some in your room.” WHAT??!! Are you serious!? So before we left, we grabbed some milk and put in our fridge in the room. When we returned from DHS…..the cobbler was there!!!! :yay: Lots of it!!!! Do you know how happy I was to have some cobbler and milk for a bedtime snack?! Love those guys! :goodvibes

Up next…Animal Kingdom and Yak n’ Yeti for lunch!

Sounds like a fun night @ DHS!

I love y'all's Maleficient horns! I want some. I still can't believe that I have not seen that movie. She is one of my favorite Disney villains. Everyone keeps telling me how awesome the movie is.

That was so nice of the CL staff to put cobbler in y'all's room!

What a fun evening!!! TSM and ToT are favorites of mine too :) ToT my ultimate favorite. Maleficent was great wasn't it. Love the horns!

How fabulous were those CMs leaving you some cobbler popcorn::

Love reading your report! We are planning a trip next summer, split stay....AOA and Wilderness:wizard: My husband, my 5 kids, and of course nana!!!!;)

We were there in 2011 but unfortunately had an awful experience at POR..including trip to emergency room. We transferred over to Wilderness after 9 days when we realized we would be stuck in Disney because of a major hurricane back home!!!

I appreciate your time and dedication..photos..details..just about everything..Truly makes me look forward to our next trip!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:/Users/kids/Desktop/ticker.php.png

I love y'all's Maleficient horns! I want some. I still can't believe that I have not seen that movie. She is one of my favorite Disney villains. Everyone keeps telling me how awesome the movie is.

:cool1: Cobbler in the room - not once but twice :yay: We have a saying way down South - you be nice to them and they will be nice to you. :woohoo: The CL staff was exceptional - we felt like they were there just for us ! ! !

Having a great time reading your trip report! You mentioned in this post using your fastpasses at HS. Can you add some flavor on when you made those fastpass reservations, how you chose those particular ones, how much thought you put into it, etc? Also, did you use any crowd calendars, etc. to decide to go to HS that day?

Amanda.... :scratchin I consider you a HUGE Disney fan. And you haven't seen Maleficent, yet???!! You HAVE to go!!!! Faith and Jesse absolutely loved it. The movie has such a great story...very different than what you would expect.

This CL staff was unbelievably accommodating. I just can't say enough about them. I almost felt guilty when asking them to help with something because I knew they would try their hardest to get it.

What a fun evening!!! TSM and ToT are favorites of mine too :) ToT my ultimate favorite. Maleficent was great wasn't it. Love the horns!

How fabulous were those CMs leaving you some cobbler

I'll go out on a limb and speak for all of us, but yes...ToT is probably the favorite ride. We're all so competitive that it usually turns into a war :laughing: I never win and always end up with a huge cramp in my hand! Bill refuses to give his secrets away :sad2:

Love reading your report! We are planning a trip next summer, split stay....AOA and Wilderness:wizard: My husband, my 5 kids, and of course nana!!!!;)

:welcome:

We tried to get a ressie last Christmas at AoA, but they were all booked :upsidedow The theming there looks so adorable. Are y'all going to do AoA first then WL??

We were there in 2011 but unfortunately had an awful experience at POR..including trip to emergency room. We transferred over to Wilderness after 9 days when we realized we would be stuck in Disney because of a major hurricane back home!!!

Oh my word!!!! :scared1: That sounds scary! Then to think your home was in danger due to a hurricane. Wow. Hopefully this next trip will prove to be a bit more uneventful.

I appreciate your time and dedication..photos..details..just about everything..Truly makes me look forward to our next trip!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:/Users/kids/Desktop/ticker.php.png

You're very welcome! :goodvibes It's easy to write about something when you really love it. Glad you popped in to say hello and follow along!

:cool1: Cobbler in the room - not once but twice :yay: We have a saying way down South - you be nice to them and they will be nice to you. :woohoo: The CL staff was exceptional - we felt like they were there just for us ! ! !

:wave2: :hug:

Having a great time reading your trip report! You mentioned in this post using your fastpasses at HS. Can you add some flavor on when you made those fastpass reservations, how you chose those particular ones, how much thought you put into it, etc? Also, did you use any crowd calendars, etc. to decide to go to HS that day?

:wave:

I'll be happy to share my method of madness ;) I'm a huge planner! This trip I used my dear friend (she's a Disney Travel Agent-the best) to book our trip. She did lots of the initial planning for us. She and I both use crowd calendars when creating a trip; it's always been very helpful. Not always, but many times, when a park has EMH, it tends to be the most crowded. We tried to steer clear of those this go round. This isn't an exact science, but it's usually pretty close.

Here's what I did with our first EP day. I knew we wouldn't be there until the afternoon and we had a dinner ressie at 6pm and Illuminations started at 9. I made our FPs to start at around 4ish. AND I made sure that we were only doing rides on the "left" side of EP...Test Track, Mission Space, Malestrom, Energy, Mexico....didn't want to have to run back and forth across the park. On the second day of EP, we did the other side.

Oh yes...and this is important FP info. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay.

Also, if you plan on getting to the park at Rope Drop, make your FPs for the hard to get attractions first. Once all 3 of the FPs have been used, you can go to a kiosk and get another FP. :thumbsup2

Hope that helps :goodvibes If you have any other questions, fire away ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter