3 Generations Wandering the Wilderness from "Cabin" Camping to Club Level-FW & WL

WOW! I cannot get over the crowds and that line for the 7DMT. YIKES! :scared1:

I am loving Bill's videos and photobombing in this update. :lmao: I love that he wore the GoPro on his head. Hope there's more of that to come!

Glad the rain stopped before dinner. Looks like it was a yummy meal! We'll be there on our last night in Oct.

That does stink though that y'all could hardly hear the music for Wishes.

Poor Stephen, that is a pained face :(

Your waiter photobombing is too funny! And with such glee :laughing:

Bummer about the Wishes music.

Im trying to picture how a tadpole would slap a whale :rotfl: I've never heard that one.

We are on HHI and rained some this am and then there was a little thunder. We biked all over in the light rain. The pool has stayed open since 11:15 and its sunny now. Heading to the beach soon, but we won't bike in case the thunder storms return.

Love watching my family relax and I get a touch of Disney :love:

WOW! I cannot get over the crowds and that line for the 7DMT. YIKES! :scared1:

It was crazy bad! Can't believe people would actually wait 2 1/2 hours for that ride. Not me.

I am loving Bill's videos and photobombing in this update. :lmao: I love that he wore the GoPro on his head. Hope there's more of that to come!

There's a few more of those;) He had fun with that toy...and the kids, too.

Glad the rain stopped before dinner. Looks like it was a yummy meal! We'll be there on our last night in Oct.

That does stink though that y'all could hardly hear the music for Wishes.

Yeah, the music was a bummer. But....I wasn't too disappointed since we had the Dessert Party booked:thumbsup2 Loved that!!!

Poor Stephen, that is a pained face :(

I told him to stop eating....he didn't listen. Because you know mom's don't know anything :upsidedow

Your waiter photobombing is too funny! And with such glee :laughing:

He fit right in with our family. Great sense of humor! He totally told me, too, that he photobombed the picture....then laughed about it and walked away. Guess some people would have thought that rude....we thought funny;)

Im trying to picture how a tadpole would slap a whale :rotfl: I've never heard that one.

Nope! Ya don't hear that anymore. Ever. :laughing: Something my granddad loved to say.

We are on HHI and rained some this am and then there was a little thunder. We biked all over in the light rain. The pool has stayed open since 11:15 and its sunny now. Heading to the beach soon, but we won't bike in case the thunder storms return.

I was looking at pictures of the resort earlier today. We go to HHI frequently, but we've never wandered into the resort. I think we might have to go take a peek. Did y'all drive down or fly?

Love watching my family relax and I get a touch of Disney :love:

That's the best :thumbsup2 I hope y'all have a fabulous and relaxing week. Do they have any characters there???

I am pretty new to disboard and am really looking forward to reading your trip report. We are staying at Cabins at FW, too, in mid September. We have 2 adults and 3 children, so I am looking forward to learning from you!

In your opinion, the 2200 Loop is the best spot? Any particular reason(s)?

Also, what time of year did you go?

Hey, this is Pop the patriach of these 3 generations. 2200 Loop is in the middle of the camp sites. Good location to both pools. About as close as you can get a cabin to the nightly activities with Chip n Dale.popcorn:: Don't forget to rent a golf cart. Makes life easier if you plan to spend most of your time at the Fort, but if you plan on being a Park Comander just make sure you are near an Internal Bus Stop. We were there the first week in June. I am sure Heather will add more details.:rolleyes1

Wow, I got behind on the updates. You have been busy. The WL is so pretty. I would love to stay there maybe one day without the kids.

Bill photo bombing is so funny, and I love the headgear. We saw those cameras all over Disney when we were there but people had them on some stick thing, I like the head gear much better.

Hi Heather! Every time I get caught up on here, I turn around and you’ve posted another 10 updates! :laughing:

Love all the WL pics!! Can’t wait to stay there one day - hopefully next trip.

Love the pic of the boys in line for Spaceship Earth. :lovestruc How great that you were able to do and see quite a lot before your dinner ADR. Very cool!

La Hacienda looks delicious - it is high on my list of places I want to try - but with the DxDDP, we need to book mostly signatures when we don’t have character meals in order to use all the credit! :laughing:

Thanks for the awesome room tour!! I always know I will get excellent resort info from your TRs. ;) And you know I love your early morning resort pics! :woohoo:

UGH! The MK crowds!! :scared1: But your Splash ride photo is hilarious! :laughing: I’m so glad y’all managed to have fun despite the crowds, and you made it back to the WL just in time to get out of the rain!

How bizarre that ‘Ohana wasn’t crowded - I though that place was ALWAYS crowded! I know people LOVE it (with the exception of me :laughing:). Poor Stephen - he is looking a little over-full by the end, isn’t he? :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:Coal miner Bill!! Love it. Also love Columbia Harbour House. Will have to try the lobster roll.
How unlike you not to be at MK an hour before rope drop! I remember your past pics, you were practically the first to arrive.
We've been getting to RD and knocking off as many attractions as we can before our FPs start at 10:00. Seems to work well.

CM was right. If attraction breaks down you can go back any time that day and FP will still be good or you can use it on another attraction.

Love Ohana. Heard they took away the chicken skewers and changed salad? The bread pudding is yum! I prob have that same look asStephen when I'm done. :laughing:

I discovered something while reading this update: Looking at Ohana pics before breakfast will make your stomach growl! :rotfl:

Seriously though I a surprised that it wasn't that busy but it definitely worked out for you. Love the man purse / Lei arrangement on Jesse!

Hey, this is Pop the patriach of these 3 generations. 2200 Loop is in the middle of the camp sites. Good location to both pools. About as close as you can get a cabin to the nightly activities with Chip n Dale.popcorn:: Don't forget to rent a golf cart. Makes life easier if you plan to spend most of your time at the Fort, but if you plan on being a Park Comander just make sure you are near an Internal Bus Stop. We were there the first week in June. I am sure Heather will add more details.

:wave2: Hope y'all are resting and not working too hard!

Wow, I got behind on the updates. You have been busy. The WL is so pretty. I would love to stay there maybe one day without the kids.

With school quickly approaching, I'm trying to knock out as much as possible.

Bill photo bombing is so funny, and I love the headgear. We saw those cameras all over Disney when we were there but people had them on some stick thing, I like the head gear much better.

Oh yes....that "stick thing" is what Bill says he needs now. So picture him with headgear PLUS a silly stick walking up and down Main Street :sad2: :laughing:

Hi Heather! Every time I get caught up on here, I turn around and you’ve posted another 10 updates! :laughing:

I'm trying.... ;)

Love all the WL pics!! Can’t wait to stay there one day - hopefully next trip.

Hope you can, too. And all the pool rehab will be done:thumbsup2

Love the pic of the boys in line for Spaceship Earth. :lovestruc How great that you were able to do and see quite a lot before your dinner ADR. Very cool!

La Hacienda looks delicious - it is high on my list of places I want to try - but with the DxDDP, we need to book mostly signatures when we don’t have character meals in order to use all the credit! :laughing:

You're right about the DxDP....to make that thing work, you really have to do Signatures.

Thanks for the awesome room tour!! I always know I will get excellent resort info from your TRs. ;) And you know I love your early morning resort pics! :woohoo:

:goodvibes

UGH! The MK crowds!! :scared1: But your Splash ride photo is hilarious! :laughing: I’m so glad y’all managed to have fun despite the crowds, and you made it back to the WL just in time to get out of the rain!

Bill is still laughing about that ridiculous photo. And he continually says, "Are you in that picture?" He ask that silly question because he knows he'll get a rise out of me.

How bizarre that ‘Ohana wasn’t crowded - I though that place was ALWAYS crowded! I know people LOVE it (with the exception of me :laughing:). Poor Stephen - he is looking a little over-full by the end, isn’t he? :laughing:

I'm thinking it had to do with the Poly construction. The place wasn't nearly as crowded as usual. There's such a mess there now that people are steering clear.

:laughing::laughing:Coal miner Bill!! Love it. Also love Columbia Harbour House. Will have to try the lobster roll.
How unlike you not to be at MK an hour before rope drop! I remember your past pics, you were practically the first to arrive.
We've been getting to RD and knocking off as many attractions as we can before our FPs start at 10:00. Seems to work well.

Not being at Rope Drop almost killed me :laughing: But don't worry....won't happen the next time ;)

CM was right. If attraction breaks down you can go back any time that day and FP will still be good or you can use it on another attraction.

We found that to be true; however the wait for FP then turned into a huge wait....no longer FP

Love Ohana. Heard they took away the chicken skewers and changed salad? The bread pudding is yum! I prob have that same look asStephen when I'm done. :laughing:

:rotfl:

No chicken...I think it was pork.

I discovered something while reading this update: Looking at Ohana pics before breakfast will make your stomach growl! :rotfl:

Literally, I could eat that bread pudding any time of day!!!

Seriously though I a surprised that it wasn't that busy but it definitely worked out for you. Love the man purse / Lei arrangement on Jesse!

Quite stunning, isn't it :sad2: Stephen was totally embarrassed.

I'm guessing the crazy construction mess scared people away. It scared me! :laughing:

I'm hoping Kona is equally empty, we decided to keep that ADR from when we originally planned to stay there. I love their noodle bowl. Maybe nip in for an early breakfast too, yum Tonga Toast!

:rotfl: OK since he is not MY DH I can laugh...love Bill's videos and the photobombs!!! UGH not liking the rope drop crowds :scared: We love CHH!!! And I really love the Ohana and Poly pics..not a hint of ugly construction at all :flower3:

Sounds like a great morning at MK- other than the Mine Train! :( We had a FP for it and I hope to do an update tonight so I will have some pics to see!

Love your dress you wore to Ohana! We have always done the breakfast here but DH has already put in his request to try dinner for next our next trip!

I'm hoping Kona is equally empty, we decided to keep that ADR from when we originally planned to stay there. I love their noodle bowl. Maybe nip in for an early breakfast too, yum Tonga Toast!

OMG! Forgot about Tonga Toast! Yep! You have to run over there and have breakfast ::yes::

:rotfl: OK since he is not MY DH I can laugh...love Bill's videos and the photobombs!!! UGH not liking the rope drop crowds :scared: We love CHH!!! And I really love the Ohana and Poly pics..not a hint of ugly construction at all :flower3:

Y'all have to venture over there during your WDW trip just to check things out....you won't believe it all. :upsidedow CRAZY!

Sounds like a great morning at MK- other than the Mine Train! :( We had a FP for it and I hope to do an update tonight so I will have some pics to see!

Looking forward to your update:thumbsup2 Fortunately, we had 2 more MK days, so we were bound and determined to ride 7DMT....and we did!

Love your dress you wore to Ohana! We have always done the breakfast here but DH has already put in his request to try dinner for next our next trip!

Thanks:goodvibes And y'all should definitely try it...especially if the menu looks good to you. Just make sure you don't eat any major meals that day...save it for dinner ;)

Wilderness Lodge Club Level
The Old Faithful Club
Part 1

If you’re looking to relax, enjoy tasty food, and meet some very special Concierge Cast Members…the WL CL is the place for you! One of everyone’s favorite Dis’ers – WDWKOOK – completely convinced us to give this club level a try and promised it wouldn’t disappoint. And….it didn’t! And thank heavens for her...I had to borrow/use several of her pictures for these posts to make it complete. Thanks KOOK :teeth:

So let me give you a brief tour of the actual lounge.

When you arrive on the 7th floor, you’ll exit the elevators (on the right in the picture) and check-in with one of the fabulous Cast Members at the Concierge desk (rear of the picture).

The view below was taken by the check-in desk looking back at the lounge.

A close up of the very ornate doors used to keep hungry guest out of the food area ;) These doors will remain locked from 10pm until 7am.

Doors on the other side of the food area…

Once the above doors are open, you’ll see this… (minus the hungry hubby, of course)

This is where you will find all food items and beverages.

On the far wall of the food area…

Walking out of the foods area, you’ll find tables overlooking the atrium area of the Lodge.

A very neat little place for the kids to hang out…

TV included with non-stop Disney shows!

Walking around to the other side of the lounge, you’ll find the “adult” area….translation – TV minus cartoons.

And my very favorite place to sit…. The tables with the view!

Remember I mentioned the fabulous CMs…

Meet Mike…he’s been at Disney forever, and always has an answer for every question. Love this guy! His sense of humor isn’t bad either…very funny.

And this is Loyda…..always working, always moving. And always has time for her Club Level guest. She was FABLULOUS!

Last but not least….Rosalind. What a sweetheart she is!! She has a very kind soul and such a sweet smile. We all enjoyed our conversations with her.

When we were there, Randy was the CL Manager and truly went above and beyond for our family. He’s extremely personable and very interesting to chat with about Disney. From what I understand, he’s moved to another location at WDW. Wherever he is, they’re extremely lucky!

Those are just a few of the outstanding Concierge Cast Members. I wish I could remember all of their names, but they elude me. Quite honestly, we didn’t meet any that weren’t friendly.

Continued to next post....

Continued from previous post....

The Old Faithful Club
Part 2

Are you finally ready for some food pics??!!;)

If you’re a coffee lover like me, and enjoy having some before the sun comes up, you can grab a cup by the Concierge desk between 6:30am -7:00am. Remember, the food area doesn’t open until 7am.

Breakfast

When the doors open at 7am, you’ll have plenty to choose from! For our family, we simply enjoy the quiet breakfast atmosphere with no hustle and bustle and no standing in lines. It starts the morning off right!!:thumbsup2

The oatmeal was quite tasty…not too runny, not too thick.

Cereals…

Beautiful fruits!

Pastries galore! I think I had at least 1 croissant each day (if not two)...with cream cheese and jelly, of course.

There is coffee and tea, of course…just forgot to get a picture of that. They have several types of flavored syrups and honey to add a bit of sweetness.

Snacks

And during the middle of the day when you need a bite to munch on….head to the lounge!

Cookies

They have THE best chips….

If you would like an adult beverage, just ask one of the CMs and they’ll be happy to get you a beer or glass of wine. ::yes::

Continued to next post…

Continued from previous post...

The Old Faithful Club
Part 3

We were quite impressed with the appetizer offerings! FABULOUS!!

Just FYI…I’ve combined all food pics from each night, so please don’t let that confuse you. OFC will not offer EVERYTHING you see below at one time. Can you imagine the feast that would be!! :laughing:

Each night there will always be….

I’m a big hummus fan, and this was extremely tasty!!

Just for the kids….

This was a big hit for Jesse and Faith!

You will also have cheeses and salads each evening….

The items below will be served on different nights….

They served the Crab Rangoon and the Chorizo Hominy Soup together….EXCELLENT!

Another evening…

Buffalo Chili and Sweet Chili Boneless Chicken Wings

Another evening…

Sheppard’s Pie….which I LOVED!!! And Scalloped wrapped in bacon! Can you say “ummmm good!!!”

And yet another evening…

Focaccia Sandwiches and Tomato Fennel Soup… you have no idea how good this was! I mean like to die for good!!!! Probably my favorite thing they served.:thumbsup2

At some point they served this…

For the life of me, I can’t remember if this was a nightly thing or not. :scratchin

Wine and beer are also offered from 5-7pm...

Now to my very favorite thing to eat…any time of day….and I’m serious about that. I have an extremely sweet tooth.

Dessert!

What is better than coming back from a long day at the parks and finding delicious desserts and cordials waiting for you?! It’s heaven!

Wine and Cordials are offered each night…

And who doesn’t love hot cobbler!!!??? During the week, it was either Apple or Peach/Berry for us….Berry being slightly tastier (for me, anyway). But both were SCRUMPDILLIOCIOUS!!!! (that would be scrumptious and delicious combined…)

Final thoughts on the Old Faithful Club… let’s see.

Concierge Cast Members??? – FABULOUS

Appetizers??? – DELICIOUS

Desserts??? – OUTSTANDING

Atmosphere??? – WONDERFUL

Would I return??? What do you think????!!! ::yes::

Up next…. Epcot and Le Cellier!

You are making me REALLY miss CL @ WL! :( We truly enjoyed our stay there in 2011. And we met Mike! He's such a nice & funny guy!

WL CL looks amazing!! Did you enjoy it more then AKL CL? We :love: a AKL.
I think I like the lounge area better at AKL. And AKL had a nice afternoon tea with scones, jam & clotted cream.
I think the chips in CL are highly addictive ::yes:: all the food offerings look fabulous!! Bacon wrapped scallops :thumbsup2.

The CL offerings look amazing!

To answer your questions. We flew from Rhode Island, home, to Charleston as we had points for Southwest. Next time we will likely drive.

There are no characters at Disney's HHIR. Instead they have B'Lou and Shadow. B'Lou is an amazing guy who will entertain you with an array of talents, from juggling to magic to ukelele paying. Shadow is the yellow lab and the mascot of the resort. He is usually with B'Lou. He is the friendliest dog ever and all the kids fawn all over him.

In addition, all the CMs here are amazing, especially the life guards. They really get to know all the families and the kids love them. They organize all kinds of games and activites at both pools. There is a Pirate Night every Tuesday and it is rockin. It ends with all the lifeguards jumping in the pool and then the evening ends with fireworks over Shelter Cove.

Lastly, there is so much to do. Nature walks and naturalist talks are free. There are tons of crafts for a nomial fee, like Mickey tie dye shirts, pin boards, vacation pillows, etc. There are lots of sporty activities as well. Tomorrow we take a kayak tour. I hope we see some dolphins.

The main resort is on a marsh, with a great pool and slide. The beach is about 1 1/2 miles away. There is a separate gated pool house there with a counter service and pool bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter