3 Generations Wandering the Wilderness from "Cabin" Camping to Club Level-FW & WL

Your kids are so stinkin cute Heather! :flower3: And yes there may be a new video, I will try and PM it to you my dear.:hug:

:goodvibes Thanks, Jen! :goodvibes The last one I watched brought tears to my eyes ::yes::

I love reading all about your family's trip! The pictures are amazing and everyone looks like they are having a fabulous time. I might add fort wilderness into the mix when I plan my next trip. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks and a big hello to you :wave2: The Fort is one of those places you have to try at least once.

My DH has yet to have an issue with my DIS friends..other than enabling my changes :rotfl: He knows that my DIS peeps are a special sweet bunch :grouphug: He still will argue that I use my sweetness up at work :rolleyes2

Don't we all :upsidedow :laughing: I get home and go :crazy:

Day 2
Early Morning at the Fort
Part 1

Many of you remember from my past TRs that I’m the early bird of the family – dad, running a close second. I’m aware that waking up with the chickens can become annoying at times to others in our party. But, I can’t help myself. :confused3 Even if you aren’t a morning person, you must get up early at least once and venture around the resorts. It’s a totally different atmosphere…you’ll see a completely different side of Disney. Quiet, peaceful, tranquil, no hustle and bustle of busy families rushing off to catch a bus…

LOTS of pictures below…

Just a look down our loop before I exit. You can barely make out our truck on the right…

Not far from our cabin you’ll find the Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool. This is what they call the quiet pool…no life guard, no slide….many times there aren’t many children.

This is maybe a 5 minute walk from our loop.

I made my way back over to the Meadow Trading Post. Of course it wasn’t open…no surprise, right?! Too early??? :confused:

Parking the golf cart, I then strolled around to the back of the Trading Post. It was an incredibly beautiful sight.

About the time I got back to the cart, my cell phone was buzzing. It was Pop! “Where are you?! Come get me…I’ve got the coffee ready!” Of course the rest of the bunch was still sound asleep. He had his camera ready! Quite honestly, we probably looked like 2 dorks cruising around :drive: at the crack of dawn with matching Mickey Mouse camera straps secured across our shoulders .

But nevertheless…we continued on.

Backside of the 2200 loop (where we’re “camping”)

Wheelchair accessible cabins…

Notice you see no cars, no golf carts, no people…not even sure the animals were awake :teeth:

These depots are scattered across the Fort to make traveling by bus very easy.

There are several types of campsites at the Fort.

*Tent/Pop-Up - includes water and electricity

*Full Hook-Up -level paved pad campsites including power, water, and sewer

*Preferred - level paved pad campsites including power, water, sewer, cable, and high speed internet modem (internet at an additional charge)

*Premium - larger level paved pad campsites in desirable locations including power, water, sewer, cable, and high speed internet modem (internet at an additional charge)

And within the campsite loops, you’ll find the comfort stations (more on that later)

Continued to next post…

Just "considering"???? How about deleting that word from the above sentence??? popcorn::

Well, ok....I'll take out "considering" for you & Jeanette! Now, I just need to find my TR note-taking notebook. I can't find that thing anywhere! Of course, that could be an excuse for a new Disney journal! :rotfl:

Did the Dream, but first time on the Fantasy!

Y'all are going to LOVE the Fantasy!!! It's a lot like the Dream but with a few small differences. I like the lighter decor on the Fantasy. I really feel like that ship is becoming our home away from home. :cloud9:

Continuation from previous post...

Day 2
Early Morning at the Fort
Part 2

If you have pets, you can reserve one of the pet friendly loops (campsites). And then take your doggie to the ….

This is right across from one of the campsite loops.

Cruising back up to the front of the resort, we spotted some animals.

The animals are fairly tame – not that you can pick them up and hold them. But, they don’t run off when you make an approach.

And there’s Pop, patiently waiting on yours truly :rolleyes1 I think he was fiddling with his new phone, so he wasn’t too bored.

Time to head back to the lake!

At Pioneer Hall, there’s a nice play area for the kids!

Notice the rainbow above Pioneer Hall?? Dad has this really cool filter that creates rainbows in the pictures…thought it was kinda neat!

Interested in some Fishin’ on the lake???

Talk to the CMs at the…

And what do ya know….there is someone awake! The fishin’ guides….heading out to pick up a guest.

We thought this was funny. One minute the beach chairs are empty….the next, the buzzards have taken over! :laughing:

Enough early morning shots for one day ;)….time to head back to the cabin and get some breakfast.

Again…make time to experience one of Disney’s best kept secrets….early mornings! ::yes::

Great pics!! So peaceful! I definitely need to make an attempt to have an early morning walk around the resort.. I really wanted to do that at POR the other week but we had such a short weekend, just not enough time to do it all but definitely in February!! :)

I can't wait until the WL part of your trip. We visited the resort last Monday and LOVED it. If the price is right, I would love to stay there in 2015!

Oops....I posted while you were posting an update.

Love all the morning pictures. Seems very serene and relaxing.

I know I say this in all of your TRs but your pictures really are great! :thumbsup2

I just cannot get over how peaceful it looks! If I didn't know better, I wouldn't know this was Disney World! You've captured the resort, perfectly! :)

And yes, we're SO excited for our upcoming stay at Port Orleans! September feels like an eternity!

I'm so glad I found your trip report. I've read all your others and truly enjoy seeing all the pictures you and your dad take. I'm going back to start reading. At least it's only day two of the trip.

Very excited you have started a new TR! We have stayed at WL but never Fort Wilderness. It looks beautiful!

ah, early mornings with your Dad at WDW, that is awesome! Love all the pictures, well done as always! I recall a relaxing pool day in the next report!:thumbsup2

Hi Heather, following along!

I love early morning walks around the resorts. Even better with a cup of coffee!

I was surprised they didn't try to resurrect the old River Country for Fort Wilderness guests. It seemed like such a waste to let that go.

I'm jealous of all of you within a decent driving distance to the World! I'd be there a lot more often.

Hi,
Thanks for your review so far. We are staying at the cabins when we go in Nov. Can't wait to hear more!

For those of you who do not know Yellowbellow - aka Pop. OK DD:hippie: - i am the second Early Riser but remember Mom asked on night. "I would like to get up early and see the Fort and not be stuck here getting the children ready" So we did alow her make one early trip. And yes I must admit I am a Photo Tech and YES Heather has the better artistic eye as you all can see. MaHopie and I love Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds.:woohoo:

For those of you who do not know Yellowbellow - aka Pop. OK DD:hippie: - i am the second Early Riser but remember Mom asked on night. "I would like to get up early and see the Fort and not be stuck here getting the children ready" So we did alow her make one early trip. And yes I must admit I am a Photo Tech and YES Heather has the better artistic eye as you all can see. MaHopie and I love Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds.:woohoo:

Hi Yellowbollow and MaHopie! I hope you didn't get too jealous when Chip was kissing on your lady! ;)

I would love to see more vintage pictures from the families early days on your trips to WDW if you ever have time....unfortunately it would probably require scanning them into the computer and lots of steps like that. But I love all the ones Heather has shared! It's such a hoot to see what the parks (and the people) looked like back in the 70's:hippie: and 80's! Of course you two haven't changed a bit!:thumbsup2

I will happily leave the getting up early to you two, lovely pictures! What fun to share some morning peace and quiet together. Those buzzards are HUGE!

One time at AKL I happened to wake up, saw the sun was rising, took some pictures, and went back to sleep :rotfl:

Just found your TR and am all caught up. What a great first day. The chip and dale greet looks so fun.

I love early mornings. DBF and I are always up before the animals. Your pictures of the Fort look awesome. Now I'm thinking about staying there in upcoming trips.

Looking forward to more updates.

Great pics!! So peaceful! I definitely need to make an attempt to have an early morning walk around the resort.. I really wanted to do that at POR the other week but we had such a short weekend, just not enough time to do it all but definitely in February!!

I can't wait until the WL part of your trip. We visited the resort last Monday and LOVED it. If the price is right, I would love to stay there in 2015!

If you like POR and WL, you would probably like FW, also. Mornings are awesome there!!! Save those $$ and book a WL room!! Such a beautiful resort!!!!

Oops....I posted while you were posting an update.

Love all the morning pictures. Seems very serene and relaxing.

I know I say this in all of your TRs but your pictures really are great! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Amanda. It's easy to get good shots when there's lots to photograph ::yes::

Joining in! I agree, early mornings walking around are the best!

:wave2: Happy to have ya!!!

I just cannot get over how peaceful it looks! If I didn't know better, I wouldn't know this was Disney World! You've captured the resort, perfectly!

And yes, we're SO excited for our upcoming stay at Port Orleans! September feels like an eternity!

FW is really a destination within itself....seriously. And September will be here before you know it! Summer will be over :( for all of us, but you'll have your vacation to look forward to ::yes::

I'm so glad I found your trip report. I've read all your others and truly enjoy seeing all the pictures you and your dad take. I'm going back to start reading. At least it's only day two of the trip.

:wave: You're back!!! I always get a kick out of your name "Grumpy's Wife" :laughing: Love it!!

Very excited you have started a new TR! We have stayed at WL but never Fort Wilderness. It looks beautiful!

Hiya!! Glad you found me again!!! :goodvibes Next time you're at the Lodge, venture over to FW and meander around.

ah, early mornings with your Dad at WDW, that is awesome! Love all the pictures, well done as always! I recall a relaxing pool day in the next report!:thumbsup2

Yep!....you recalled correctly!! Coming up later today...after a pool day here :laughing:

Hi Heather, following along!

I love early morning walks around the resorts. Even better with a cup of coffee!

I was surprised they didn't try to resurrect the old River Country for Fort Wilderness guests. It seemed like such a waste to let that go.

I'm jealous of all of you within a decent driving distance to the World! I'd be there a lot more often.

:wave2: A cup of coffee is a must for my early morning ventures! I did get some pics of the of old RC (will have those later). Such a sad sight....still don't understand why they don't get rid of it.

I love early mornings and late nights at Disney! Great pictures.

Early mornings are the best!!! Late nights are good, also. We still don't have too many of those since the kids are still fairly young. But one day we will!!

Hi,
Thanks for your review so far. We are staying at the cabins when we go in Nov. Can't wait to hear more!

:woohoo: for a Fort stay!!! I'll add your name to the Fort Wilderness Thread list of resort goers!

Well, y'all finally made it over!!

Hi Yellowbollow and MaHopie! I hope you didn't get too jealous when Chip was kissing on your lady!

I would love to see more vintage pictures from the families early days on your trips to WDW if you ever have time....unfortunately it would probably require scanning them into the computer and lots of steps like that. But I love all the ones Heather has shared! It's such a hoot to see what the parks (and the people) looked like back in the 70's:hippie: and 80's! Of course you two haven't changed a bit!:thumbsup2

I'll see what I can pull out of my hat.... :scratchin

I will happily leave the getting up early to you two, lovely pictures! What fun to share some morning peace and quiet together. Those buzzards are HUGE!

One time at AKL I happened to wake up, saw the sun was rising, took some pictures, and went back to sleep :rotfl:

:rotfl: How did I know you would say that??!!

Just found your TR and am all caught up. What a great first day. The chip and dale greet looks so fun.

I love early mornings. DBF and I are always up before the animals. Your pictures of the Fort look awesome. Now I'm thinking about staying there in upcoming trips.

Looking forward to more updates.

:wave: Glad you found us!! You should certainly consider a stay there. While it's not for everyone, the Fort is a great place to relax, see some nature, and enjoy a different side of Disney.

Check your PM's Heather :3dglasses

Got it!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter