3 Generation Girl Trip

hickchick

Mouseketeer
6 days/5 nights – Magic Your Way (free park hopper/water park add-on) plus dining
DD6 (2nd trip), Mom 50+ (1st trip) and me 29 (3rd trip)

1/30/06 - Day one
Left home at 4:30 AM CST to catch 6 AM flight. Arrived at MCO around 1:30 PM EST and grabbed a quick lunch at BK. Found the Magical Express pick-up with little difficulty. The cast member helping us curtseyed to DD, who was wearing her Cinderella crown. She was so embarrassed by this that she took it off and handed it to me. I gave it back to her and explained that this was going to be part of the fun – when she wore her Cinderella outfit to CRT, she was going to get a lot of attention from people at the park. We arrived safe and sound at Pop Century around 3 PM. Check in was a breeze – no line – and after throwing our carry-ons in our room, we jumped the bus to Epcot.

First ride we did at Epcot was Spaceship Earth (DD’s favorite from last time). We kept reassuring my Mom that it was really a “slow-moving” ride and we weren’t trying to trick her to go on anything scary. We also had time to do The Land before going to supper. We loved the indoor greenhouses, especially the Mickey pumpkins. Supper was at Coral Reef – wonderful experience - the aquarium/fish/divers were really neat and it was a great way to start our Disney trip! After supper, we walked all the way around World Showcase – doing the Mexico and Norway rides (which DD loved and hated, respectively). Finished up the night with Illuminations (which always gets me choked up – and I was relieved to see my Mom reacted the same way, so maybe I’m not too over emotional!). We waited for the crowds to thin out before catching the bus back to the hotel.

1/31/06 - Day two
Up early (which felt even earlier, since we were still adjusting from the time change) – caught the 8:00 bus to Magic Kingdom – got in before park opening due to our PS at CRT (last day before prices jumped!) En route to the castle, DD’s Cinderella costume earned her lots of respect. Two cast members working in Town Square stopped their conversation to say “Good morning, Princess!” and curtsey to her. Then we were walking down Main Street, and a tour was taking place. One of the tour group leaders came over to DD and said “Excuse me, Princess. What is your name? May I borrow you for a minute?” She then introduced “Princess DD” to the tour group of 20+ people, followed by the other tour group leader apologizing profusely to Princess DD because he didn’t get the memo and didn’t know she was coming, and would have had the proper fanfare ready. They proceeded to give the tour group a lesson in how to properly greet a Princess in Magic Kingdom, and everyone curtseyed/bowed to her. I was very proud of my Princess, for she gave a collected curtsey back. This was the highlight of the trip for me! A VERY Magical Moment and one we couldn’t have planned for!

It was a beautiful morning – Main Street was quiet – great time for taking pictures. I love the castle, so I always take a ton from every angle. At CRT, we checked in 30 minutes before our PS and had no trouble getting in early. DD really liked meeting Cinderella downstairs. Then we walked the winding staircase up to the restaurant. Great atmosphere again – there is just something about eating in the castle! It was very flattering to be addressed as “m’ladies” and as “princess” and “queens”. Saw Snow White, Belle, and Aurora.

Spent the morning in Fantasyland – time for lots of rides (no lines): Snow White, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, Dumbo, Ariel’s Grotto, Small World, Pooh, Tea Cups – then caught the Cinderellabration show before heading back to Pop for lunch/nap/swimming. Went back to MK around 3:30 – did Adventureland (treehouse, jungle cruise, Tiki room, and Pirates of the Caribbean) and then Splash Mountain (where DD claims she almost had a heart attack) before supper. PS for 6:30 at Crystal Palace, which was a lot of fun. Watched Wishes (including Tinkerbell!) before going back to the hotel for a well-earned night’s sleep!

2/1/06 - Day three
Took early bus to Animal Kingdom and arrived at the tree of life in time to watch the official opening (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Mickey). Dragged Mom and DD through the park to the Safari (Ha! No line! I then pointed out all of the people in line when we were leaving – See! It was worth it!). Did “It’s Tough to be a Bug!”, and Dino-Land (DD loved Primeval Whirl – did it twice – she wanted more, but I couldn’t handle it!). Then headed over to Camp Minnie-Mickey for autographs with characters and the Lion King show.

Back to Pop Century for lunch and a short nap. Then off to MGM for the rest of the day. Did the “Magic of Animation” – DD was Dot, Mom was Cinderella, and I was Mulan (DD was unhappy so re-did hers and ended up being Lady – quit while you’re ahead, kid). We walked through the Narnia set exhibit, then over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Supper at Pizza Planet and then caught the last Indiana Jones stunt show of the day. Stopped at the shops for Potato Head parts. Watched Fantasmic! at 7:00 and then shopped at the Villain store afterwards. Since it was an early night, DD swam when we got back to the hotel.

2/2/06 - Day four
Another early morning – Extra Magic Hour at MK – so we managed to get there in time for some of it. Saw lots of characters in Town Square (Cruella was the best! LOL!). Then we walked through Tomorrowland – did Stitch and Buzz!!! (ecstatic about that – supposed to still be closed for refurbishment). No line for Space Mountain, but couldn’t convince anyone to go with me. Walked through Fantasyland – saw Alice by the teacups – and did Small World, Peter Pan, and the Carousel (twice). Saw “Storytime With Belle” and then had lunch at Casey’s Corner listening to the old-time music the pianist was playing (very good!). Rode the railroad around the park – stopped at Toon Town Fair – saw a LOT of characters (including Maleficent – my favorite villain! Hooray!). Waited in line for Barnstormer. Then walked through Mickey and Minnie’s houses and shopped for Pony parts and purple Tink Mickey ears for DD.

Walked over to the Carousel in time for the “Sword in the Stone” show and then walked over to Liberty Square for the parade. Afterwards, did Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, and Pirates of the Caribbean, and DD and I did the Magic Carpets while Mom went through the treehouse again. Waited in line for Peter Pan & Wendy (one of the highlights of the trip for DD). PS at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK) at 6:00 – another great meal with Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale, and Pluto. Done just in time to watch Spectromagic from the front steps then headed over to get front and center by the castle for Wishes (Tinkerbell didn’t fly – it was pretty windy). Tried to do some shopping on Main Street on the way out, but the crowds were just too much in the shops.

DD stayed up late working on her journal for school, so we didn’t get to bed as early as I had planned on. We convinced her not to swim because we were going to the waterpark the next day.

2/3/06 - Day five
Rainy day – and stormy – so no Blizzard Beach, which disappointed DD. Spent the morning packing and shopping at the gift store for souvenirs. Grabbed lunch at the food court and then took the bus to Magic Kingdom to ride the monorail in the rain. Did the loop around the lagoon – stopped at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary lobbies - then rode the monorail over to Epcot. Got our exclusive Disney Visa picture taken with Minnie and Goofy at Innoventions. Then we did the Living Seas (DD loves the manatees) and we also got to see part of the Dolphin research performance (very cool). Tried to do Turtle Talk, but the line was cut off for the show 3 people ahead of us, and we didn’t have time to wait for the next one. Supper - Princess Storybook Dining @ Akershus at 6:00. We saw Ariel, Mulan, Belle (blue dress, not yellow as we thought), Jasmine, Prince Ali, and Cinderella (who I thought was “never” supposed to appear here).
After supper, we did the Mexico ride and Soarin’ twice (great ride!). DD and Mom ended the day with Spaceship Earth while I went and picked up our free picture.

I was tired – back at the hotel I went to bed, but Mom and DD went on a secret mission, which I am not privy to knowing about until the pictures are developed, apparently!

2/4/06 - Day six
Up early, breakfast at the food court, used up our snack credits on drinks for the plane and rice crispie treats. Magical Express bus was about 15 minutes late, and we had to haul all of our luggage since Midwest does not participate in resort check-in. At MCO, security lines were long, but we were through by 10:00 and had plenty of time to catch our outgoing flight, which was delayed 45 minutes anyway. Safely made it back home by 4:00 PM.

Great trip – now can I start planning the next one?!?

What a wonderful trip! You are so lucky that you could convince your Mother to come along. I'd love to see my own Mom's reaction to the things that I love so much but she isn't interested in "amusement parks" (sigh).
Thanks for posting your report.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

:thumbsup2 I enjoyed reading the details of how you managed each day. Glad you had fun!

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing. What wonderful memories for you, your daughter and mother. :goodvibes

And yes, time to start planning for the next! ;)
"Montana Minnies"

Truly enjoyed your report - it was great you, your mom and daughter got to go on such a special trip! I have 4 boys & 1 daughter and am so waiting for grandchildren - I'm just waiting for our trip in October so I can see it thru my youngest son's eyes.

Loved the part where the CM treated your daughter so royally - how cute! princess:

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear what the secret mission was. Please share when your pictures are developed!!!! :thumbsup2

Okay - my mom came over last weekend with all of her trip pictures - and I have finally learned the nature of the secret mission (see last night of trip, above). :rotfl: From the picture trail, Mom and DD went to the arcade and played games, got hot cocoa at the food court, tried on all of the hats in the store, and then walked all over Pop Century and took each other's pictures by as many of the large icons as they could find. We have surfer Goofy, Mr & Mrs Potato Head, Baloo & Mowgli, the giant foosball players, the Twister game, the blue guy from Pac-Man, and the huge computer keyboard. I think they got tired out before they could make it over by Lady & the Tramp!

How funny - and something I never made time to do this trip or last trip - actually check out the grounds at our resort!

Glad you enjoyed your trip with your mom and your dd. Was this the first time your mom went to WDW?

OhMari said:
Glad you enjoyed your trip with your mom and your dd. Was this the first time your mom went to WDW?

Yes, but she had been to Disneyland twice (as a teenager and about 10 years ago), so she had fun comparing the 2.

PS - I see you are a fellow Wisconsinite! I have actually been to Lomira - I had to visit Grande Cheese for work a little over 2 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter