3 Fences in Disneyland ~ Interesting Disney Trivia

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
Saw this on another website and thought others might find this interesting. It's the "famous" spot where three different types of fence converge near the sub lagoon. It's significant mostly because there's a small piece of fence/railing that's from the very early years of the park that was next to the original Autopia.

This person also wrote this "ETA: Just did a quick search, and it seems as though the consensus is that that the old piece of fence is likely from 1959 when the original subs were built. It is however, the exact same style of fence that was in front of the original Autopia loading area from 1955/56. So they probably used the same type of fence to extend the fence around the sub lagoon when it was built. When the rebuilt the subs for Nemo sub voyage, only that small piece of the original 1959 fence remained there.

The same fencing existed in front of Autopia until it was redone in 2000.

Here is the pic provided:

3 fences by KCmike2011

I have a feeling only Hydroguy will understand this joke.

Triple Point= Where three fences coexist.

This reminds me of the mis-matched bricks near the lockers off of Main Street (right over the water fountain). I heard it was where they were testing different kinds of brick patterns, and that seems logical, but I don't know for sure.

That's really cool! I don't think I ever remember seeing that...I will have to look now!!! I'm glad you shared this. Little trivia like this is so interesting :)

I love this post!! Thanks so much for posting it, we will be sure to check it out the next time we are there. :)

yep, this wall :)

TestBrickWall.jpg

yep, this wall :)

TestBrickWall.jpg

Yes, that's it. I put it on my boys' last scavenger hunt. I was talking a picture of them in front of it when a cast member walking by to go backstage offered to take a picture of all of us. So now we have a family picture in front of the mis-matched bricks. It isn't exactly a "Kodak spot" like in front of the ROA. I wonder if she thought it was odd to be taking pictures there! :lmao:

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about the 3 fences. I love the history of Disneyland. Can't wait to go back. Didn't know about the brick work either. Thanks for that photo.

That's really neat! I will be looking for the fences (and the bricks) next time too!

See this is why I love you guys!!! and this place!!!! I will look for both of those. I think they are great trivia and photo spots!!!

I know I should put this in my own words but...I'm lazy. Another poster on a different website also stated these hidden Disney trivia pieces:
the basketball court, the secret bathroom, the red brick "sampler" wall, the pet cemetery, the secret passage on Tom Sawyer Island, the telegraph of Walt's speech, the golden spike, Zocalo Park, the light in Walt's apartment, the organ in the Haunted Mansion, the Eeyore parking lot sign in Indiana Jones Adventure, the tribute to Adventure thru Inner Space in Star Tours, the Swissapolka, the tunnel to Tomorrowland Terrace, the Halloween Tree, fishing off a pier on Tom Sawyer Island, the goat trick, the air launch system for the fireworks, the jumping fish effect, the restrooms and silverware drawers in the Tiki Room, the Marabic language, forced perspective, the galley on the Columbia, the stairway to nowhere, the shattered glass in the Haunted Mansion, the tribute to the Country Bear Jamboree on the Pooh attraction, the Cheshire Cat in the mirror, the blocks on the floor of Peter Pan spelling out "DI5NEY," the taxidermied animals, "Mr. Egroeg Sacul," the Chevron VIP room, the petrified tree, Lafitte's Anchor, and on and on...

I have to say that I don't know about all of these but do know most of them. Time to do some research.:thumbsup2

There are a few in that list I don't know either. I assume the tribute to Inner Space is gone now that the new ST is in. I don't recall seeing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter