3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

You're funny! You've got to get over the fear factor and go for it!!! Your family would really love it, Pas!!! Seriously!! You get the best of both worlds....time with the children and family and time with the adults....PLUS all the magic from Disney. The waiter told Faith that "she wasn't supposed to peal her own shrimp....princesses should NEVER do this while on vacation" He was so acccommodating, to say the least.
I love this!!! I don't think Queens should either :rotfl:

:goodvibes Yeah, I need to get over it...(as I sheepishly hang my head in shame knowing I will never have the courage to get on a cruise....even a Mickey cruise)

IMG_7768.jpg

:offtopic:
You forgot to mention - when we got on the elevator - someone said "Where is Jesse?" Bill got off at the next stop and back down and found him wondering around inspecting the ship. Not lost just looking around. :furious: MAD, no;. We know Jesse. :yay:

IMG_7768.jpg

You forgot to mention - when we got on the elevator - someone said "Where is Jesse?" Bill got off at the next stop and back down and found him wandering around inspecting the ship. Not lost, just looking around. :furious: MAD, no;. We know Jesse. :yay:

Too funny...in a scary sort of way!!!:faint::lmao:

I completely forgot that happened!:upsidedow It's such a common occurence that nobody blinks an eye:rolleyes: Bill said when he found him, he asked Jesse what in the world he was doing and he replied..."just lookin' around, dad."

:rotfl: My husband is a Disboards stalker as well. He does the same things yours does. I think I could get away from reading them as he usually keeps me up to date, lol.

Thank you so much for your trip report! We are staying at AKL CL next summer and after seeing your report we are very happy with our decision. :woohoo:

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda

Are you ready for a complete rundown of the Dream’s stateroom? ;) Let me go ahead and say that the rooms are FABULOUS FABULOUS FABLUOUS!!! No complaints here AT ALL!!

They opened the halls to the staterooms around 1:30ish…needless to say, I was there with camera in hand!!! Surprised?:upsidedow

We selected (one and a half years in advance) staterooms 7646 & 7648…Category 4C: Deck 7….GREAT location…no noise whatsoever.

DSC_6119.jpg

Before we left, I called Disney and asked for the Birthday Celebration to be waiting for Stephen and MaHopie in their stateroom….they had no idea. On the door, there was a big B-day magnet.

IMG_7791.jpg

Surprise!!! :bday:

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

A cake comes with the decorations, too…and quite tasty I might add.

DSC_6103.jpg

A few quick facts about our stateroom…

Sleeps: 3 to 5

Size: 299 sq. ft. including verandah

Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with round tub and shower

DSC_6099.jpg

To the right, there were spacious closets…they actually hold more than you would think.

DSC_6100.jpg

The ladder is for the pull down bed…

DSC_6101.jpg

To the left is the very spacious (for a ship;)) split bath, complete with a round tub with shower, and separate sinks that allow for multiple people to use the space at the same time. The full bathroom includes a vanity, sink and round tub/shower with a built-in seat, a rain-style shower and a hand-held showerhead — perfect for bathing children.

DSC_6096.jpg

DSC_6116.jpg

The half bath has a vanity, sink and toilet….again, very spacious.

DSC_6098.jpg

DSC_6113.jpg

Continue to the next post… (too many pics:rolleyes1)

Continued from previous post…..

Some of the amenities that are included…

Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses

Frette 100% Egyptian cotton linens

Premium bath towels

22" LCD flat screen TV on swivel arm with remote control

iPod Docking Station

Refrigerator

In-room safe

Hair dryer

Phone with voice-mail messaging

Privacy curtain

Verandah

DSC_6095.jpg

DSC_6102.jpg

The bed was extremely comfortable!!! :cloud9: We slept like a baby…

DSC_6112.jpg

A well-planned interior design allows guests to stretch out in comfort. To maximize space, the wooden bed frames are elevated to provide storage under the beds for suitcases and other large items. ALL of our suitcases fit underneath without any hang-ups:thumbsup2

DSC_6254.jpg

DSC_6104.jpg

The Wave Phones are very convenient; however they can be a bit tricky. The previous guests in our room put lots of their “own” settings on the phone…guess I could have taken the time to figure out how to change it, but I was too lazy.:rolleyes1

DSC_6110.jpg

Once again, Disney does it right with an overabundance of storage space….

DSC_6109.jpg

DSC_6111.jpg

The private balcony features:

Patio furniture

Plexiglass railing

Child locks for safety

***For extra space, select Stateroom Category 4E on Deck 5, which features a large verandah...and they are bigger!!

DSC_6108.jpg

We can say without a doubt that we would never take a cruise without a balcony….sooooooo wonderful!!! ….especially the convenience of the connecting verandahs. The partition between verandahs can be opened to create a larger balcony. Just perfect for the kids!!!!:yay:

DSC_6117.jpg

Stephanie and Sean had a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with verandah…..

DSC02684.jpg

There wasn’t much difference. It has 246 square feet, sleeps 3-4 and has a regular tub instead of the round tub.

DSC02685.jpg

After I finished unpacking, there was still one thing left to do…..DOOR MAGNETS!!!!!

Ours….

DSC_6122.jpg

Pop, MaHopie & Stephen’s….

DSC_6121.jpg

Stephanie, Sean, Ivy & Jonah’s….

DSC02688.jpg

I was trying to think of at least one complaint with the room…..but just can’t do it! :teeth: The staterooms are WONDERFUL!!!

Up next.....time to set sail!!!

Awesome review and pictures!!! DS turns 14 on the cruise we take in April. I love the birthday decorations.

How do you really feel about the difference between your room and the regular verandah room? I keep going back and forth as to whether it is worth bumping up from our 5C to a 4C. Do you think the extra space for 4 people would be worth it?

Thanks!
Pam

:rotfl: My husband is a Disboards stalker as well. He does the same things yours does. I think I could get away from reading them as he usually keeps me up to date, lol.

:lmao: You totally know where I'm coming from then! Bill's forever saying..."here's one you need to respond to!" Many times when he gets home from work, he'll tell me to look at the TR because he says I need to reply. Apparently he has the DisBoard app on his phone!

Thank you so much for your trip report! We are staying at AKL CL next summer and after seeing your report we are very happy with our decision. :woohoo:

You're very welcome;) You won't be disappointed at all!!! So much to do there and so much to see. If possible, take advantage of some of the Cultural Safaris that are offered at night by the CastMembers from Africa. It was really cool to chat with them.

Awesome review and pictures!!! DS turns 14 on the cruise we take in April. I love the birthday decorations.

How do you really feel about the difference between your room and the regular verandah room? I keep going back and forth as to whether it is worth bumping up from our 5C to a 4C. Do you think the extra space for 4 people would be worth it?

Thanks!
Pam

Hmmmm....:scratchin well, Pam, if you ask me you will get one answer, and probably another answer if you ask my sister :laughing: I like to be as comfortable as possible, so the extra space gave us just that....comfort. The staterooms are not as big as the deluxe resorts at WDW, and that's kinda what we're use to, so I figured the extra 53 square feet would be worth it. Stephanie never complained at all about the size of her room, and to be honest....I never really asked if she would have rather had more square feet:confused3 Guess it just boils down to preference...some people (like me) have to have verandahs while others have no desire for one. You're sure to have a great time no matter which room you go with:thumbsup2 That probably didn't really help make your decision, did it?:rolleyes:....sorry. Maybe my sister can throw her 2 cents in :teeth:

This is so neat....your room is so close to where ours is going to be, 7600! So I am so excited to see the type of room we are going to have! Glad to hear the verandah was worth it, DH only wanted to cruise if we were going to have a verandah, so we must keep him happy! Love the cutie sticking out her tongue!:goodvibes And love all your magnets....

The rooms look great! Not one single complaint? That says everything. :thumbsup2

Great birthday surprise!

I have to say that we were really impressed with the staterooms on the Dream. They truly are well designed & spacious considering it's on a boat. And those beds.....:cloud9:

You forgot to mention - when we got on the elevator - someone said "Where is Jesse?" Bill got off at the next stop and back down and found him wondering around inspecting the ship. Not lost just looking around. :furious: MAD, no;. We know Jesse. :yay:

Oh my....I would have had a heart attack. :eek:

:rotfl: no problem.....Bill is the biggest lurker on the Boards!! Or perhaps I should say stalker :laughing: He kills me....he is forever saying "did you know?"...."would you look at this!" You know you can subscribe to a thread without having to actually post....my sister informed me of this. Which ship are yall sailing on? Bet your family is super excited:thumbsup2

That is soooo funny about your hubby! I myself have a boyfriend who always makes fun of me for my Disney love and then went and created a quarterback named "Wreck-It Ralph" on his video game because he was "video game surfing" . :rotfl: They all love it too, even if it's hard for them to admit it and they just keep it hidden! Too funny!!

We are probably sailing on the Fantasy. Nothing is booked quite yet, because I just became a CM and so we'll get discounts but they don't release CM discounts until much closer to the dates! But it is for sure and in Feb!

LOVE the staterooms. AHHH I can't wait to try them out myself.

Wow, wow, wow!!! The Dream looks stunning! My parents and sister are doing a 4 night cruise at the end of their vacation next month. They have your type of stateroom, I can't remember which room number though.

Silly questions, do many guests decorate their doors with magnets? Also, is there any reason why people do this? I go on the creative disign board quite often and had seen people asking for stuff for cruises but I couldn't work out what or why!

Not sure my parents or sister would be bothered but I would like to know anyway.

This is so neat....your room is so close to where ours is going to be, 7600! So I am so excited to see the type of room we are going to have! Glad to hear the verandah was worth it, DH only wanted to cruise if we were going to have a verandah, so we must keep him happy! Love the cutie sticking out her tongue!:goodvibes And love all your magnets....

Oh my! You have 1 week!!!:banana: Wow! Wish it were me....I so love the Poly!!!! I know yall will have a wonderful time. Get lots of pics!!!

Your stateroom looks like it's midship and very close to the elevators:thumbsup2 You'll be very happy with the size and the verandah. It really is quite spacious for a ship....and the beds are GREAT!!!!!

I have to say that we were really impressed with the staterooms on the Dream. They truly are well designed & spacious considering it's on a boat. And those beds.....:cloud9:

So....are you ready to go ahead and jump on the Fantasy??!!;)

That is soooo funny about your hubby! I myself have a boyfriend who always makes fun of me for my Disney love and then went and created a quarterback named "Wreck-It Ralph" on his video game because he was "video game surfing" . :rotfl: They all love it too, even if it's hard for them to admit it and they just keep it hidden! Too funny!!

We are probably sailing on the Fantasy. Nothing is booked quite yet, because I just became a CM and so we'll get discounts but they don't release CM discounts until much closer to the dates! But it is for sure and in Feb!

LOVE the staterooms. AHHH I can't wait to try them out myself.

CM, huh?! Nice! And nice discounts;) If you're on the Fantasy, it will be for 7 nights, right? I totally wish we had done 7 nights.....I could have definitely stayed longer. I REALLY want to do the Alaska cruise, but I want the kids to be a bit older. I'm afraid they would miss the beach/water...they love it!

Jumping on board for your TR!

:wave: well...you've jumped on board and I've yet to do another installment:rolleyes1 This weekend for sure!

Love the stateroom pics - beautiful!

Was it basically the same as yours?

I have pages and pages to read on your TR to get caught up:upsidedow Since we're off Monday, perhaps I can conquer the feat!

Wow, wow, wow!!! The Dream looks stunning! My parents and sister are doing a 4 night cruise at the end of their vacation next month. They have your type of stateroom, I can't remember which room number though.

Silly questions, do many guests decorate their doors with magnets? Also, is there any reason why people do this? I go on the creative disign board quite often and had seen people asking for stuff for cruises but I couldn't work out what or why!

Not sure my parents or sister would be bothered but I would like to know anyway.

:laughing: Funny you ask that....my sister said the same thing:confused3 WHY?? The answer....just because! Just because it's fun...I really don't know why or who decided it would be the thing to do :laughing: Not many people do it, though, and the ones who do are usually Disers. It was kinda cool to see the decorated doors. I walked our entire deck just to check it out and see. I guess it's kinda like the guests that stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and decorate for Halloween and Christmas....just something fun to do. Seems silly, doesn't it?;)

I agree that the beds are very comfy. Someone in our Fish Extender group ordered one of those matresses when she got home she loved it so much. We had the same type of stateroom, but just a bit down the hall in 7114. we really liked the split bathroom and the rain shower head as well. Love, love, LOVED it!!!

Was it basically the same as yours?

I have pages and pages to read on your TR to get caught up Since we're off Monday, perhaps I can conquer the feat!

The lay-out and general idea are definitely the same as the Wonder, but obviously, everything is a littler newer and more updated. Very cool.

:rotfl2: Yeah, you better get over there since I just wrapped that report up this week!

Hi Heather.:wave2: I've been reading your TR since it started. I never post on trip reports I just lurk. I don't know why. :confused3 Anyway I love the Bday surprise. I may order that on our cruise. My DS turns 8 on this trip.

Did they set it up in your stateroom for you? Was it there when you checked into your stateroom for the first time? The website says the cost is 50.00 is that accurate? How far in advance did you order it? I think I need to wait to they assign are stateroom to order. I know were at least a CAT 5c. I think the same one your inlaws were in. Your were in a 4C. Is that correct? On our last cruise we were in a 4B. I'm kind of hoping for an upgrade to a larger cabin. A lot of people on the boards seem to be getting upgrades this month. Evidently September is not a popular time to cruise. I think this cruise should be pretty empty unlike our Fall break cruise last year that was sold out. Who would have thought you would have Hurricane issues in June.:faint:

Sorry lots of questions. I'm good at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter