3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

Love it Heather! I am not a watermark fan (except the lazy river!). I think I could go just for the doughnuts lol.

OT, sort of. When I was a kid, my mother made "fresh" donuts using the refrigerated canned biscuits. Take one, put a hole in the middle with your finger and stretch it out gently, drop it in oil. Then we'd roll it around in sugar, powdered sugar, or cinnamon sugar. Hot fresh donuts! And back then, waaay back then, you could get 10 cans for a dollar! And I think they are 10 biscuits/donuts per can? I remember them being really good, but haven't had them this way in decades.

Oh yeah, we're going to have to try those doughnuts :p

Love going up the ski lift to Team Boat, so much fun! I don't think we tried the slide with the mats last time. Did the TL ones, but these look more fun.

I preferred the outside slide to rather then the enclosed one. We did that one first, then decided to do the outside ones. Of course since there are 2, we had to try each outside one as well as the enclosed one, :rotfl:

Love the lazy rivers. I'm not to graceful climbing into those tubs though, hahaha.

Yeh for donuts!!I am very proud of you and mom and those empty boxes!!!:rotfl: It was my pleasure to enable you with your caloric intake!

Many of you have posted things about having to 'try the water parks' and not really wanting to do them - I AM WITH YOU!!! But let me tell you, we did BB for the first time this past spring, after many trips without doing water parks, and my family loved it. Now, I do NOT like being cold, and walking around all day in a wet bathing suit is not my idea of a good time. Heather is also correct, it doesn't matter how 'in shape' one is, there is a LOT of stair climbing. But the kids and surprisingly DH and I had a ball! I will be hard pressed to go to WDW without a stop to the water parks now (which totally messes up my overplanning and park touring strategy!). So, for those of you that have been avoiding it, don't be afraid, it's fun, your kids will LOVE it! We spent all morning on the slides and a good part of the afternoon in the lazy river (which we all loved and had tons of fun in as a family). BB is typical Disney in a good way, attention to detail, theming, and the cast members were fabulous!

Great pictures too Heather! And way to go Stephen!!!:cool1:

How fun!! We've never done rope drop for BB before, but having one person open it by riding Summit Plummet is such a cool idea! YAYYYYY for Stephen for doing that! I still have yet to try- I always get nervous that my bathing suit will *ahem* not stay in place. :blush: All of those slides! Wow! I am really wishing I was close to BB. It's a great place to cool off! Lots of fun! :goodvibes

Oh, and I've never had the donuts, but they sound absolutely amazing! :lovestruc

Yep...I know what ya mean about the whole bathing suit issue!!!! That was a big fear of mine. Wearing a wetsuit might be the trick :laughing:

Yea Stephen for doing Summit Plummit!

I havent been to BB in a while, but I went on Summit Plummet and was scared to death!! Now, after seeing those pics I want to go back on it again!

BB is just so much fun and such a creative idea those Disney Imagineers had :thumbsup2

Those donuts sound yummy! Must...find...next...time!

Well....since you haven't been in a while, it's time to go back. The donuts are waiting on you!!!!!!

Love it Heather! I am not a watermark fan (except the lazy river!). I think I could go just for the doughnuts lol.

Lazy river and donuts work for me...I could do that all day;)

OT, sort of. When I was a kid, my mother made "fresh" donuts using the refrigerated canned biscuits. Take one, put a hole in the middle with your finger and stretch it out gently, drop it in oil. Then we'd roll it around in sugar, powdered sugar, or cinnamon sugar. Hot fresh donuts! And back then, waaay back then, you could get 10 cans for a dollar! And I think they are 10 biscuits/donuts per can? I remember them being really good, but haven't had them this way in decades.

Bill was saying the same thing...canned biscuits! I've never done this, but you can bet I'm going to try TONIGHT! Getting ready to go grocery shopping, so guess what's on my list to buy???!!

Oh yeah, we're going to have to try those doughnuts :p

Love going up the ski lift to Team Boat, so much fun! I don't think we tried the slide with the mats last time. Did the TL ones, but these look more fun.

I preferred the outside slide to rather then the enclosed one. We did that one first, then decided to do the outside ones. Of course since there are 2, we had to try each outside one as well as the enclosed one, :rotfl:

Love the lazy rivers. I'm not to graceful climbing into those tubs though, hahaha.

I cracked up laughing because you should have seen my mom trying to get out of the family tube!!!:scared1: It was a sight ...my mother can confirm;) I told the CM that was working to go ahead and laugh....it was ok...she wouldn't be offended. Mom fell back in the tube not once, but like 3 times!

Yeh for donuts!!I am very proud of you and mom and those empty boxes!!!:rotfl: It was my pleasure to enable you with your caloric intake!

Many of you have posted things about having to 'try the water parks' and not really wanting to do them - I AM WITH YOU!!! But let me tell you, we did BB for the first time this past spring, after many trips without doing water parks, and my family loved it. Now, I do NOT like being cold, and walking around all day in a wet bathing suit is not my idea of a good time. Heather is also correct, it doesn't matter how 'in shape' one is, there is a LOT of stair climbing. But the kids and surprisingly DH and I had a ball! I will be hard pressed to go to WDW without a stop to the water parks now (which totally messes up my overplanning and park touring strategy!). So, for those of you that have been avoiding it, don't be afraid, it's fun, your kids will LOVE it! We spent all morning on the slides and a good part of the afternoon in the lazy river (which we all loved and had tons of fun in as a family). BB is typical Disney in a good way, attention to detail, theming, and the cast members were fabulous!

Great pictures too Heather! And way to go Stephen!!!:cool1:

You summed that up perferctly!!!! It is a GREAT place for family fun! You almost sound like a travel agent or something...

Lazy river and donuts work for me...I could do that all day
The last time I went to Blizzard Beach, HRH was a baby we floated the lazy river ALL DAY is was fab!!!

The year before I was preggers and did the Family tube...not my brighest idea, but it was fun :lmao:
I'm wanting to try TL now to see which waterpark we like better. We had a really hard time deciding which one to choose. We went with BB since it was so close to AKL.
Our crew prefers TL, its the wave pool that clinches it!

By the way, Stephen just read your comment and loved it!! He said, "that lady thinks I rock?!" It made his night!

You tell Stephen we ALL think he Rocks :thumbsup2

Way to go Stephen!!!!

Rockstar of the day!!!!

I really enjoyed your last TR when u stayed @ FW/CR. Actually, this year we are going to FW's Chip & Dale sing-a-long since you reported your kid's enjoyed it so much! We are looking forward to the s'mores & the atmosphere of the Fort. I figure something different that involves characters. Anyway,time to get caught up!! Oh & we are leaning towards DCL for Nov 2013. We have never done DCL,so this should be informational! But WDW is on the books for this year!! Woo Woo!!!! Can't wait to read on.....

The year before I was preggers and did the Family tube...not my brighest idea, but it was fun :lmao:
Our crew prefers TL, its the wave pool that clinches it!

:rotfl: Hmmmm.....this sounds all too familiar. When I was 2 1/2 months pregnant with Stephen, we went over to EP & DHS for the day....I rode Test Track, but thought I may be pushing it with Rock n Roller Coaster:rolleyes1 so I opted out. Certainly not my brighest idea!

I really enjoyed your last TR when u stayed @ FW/CR. Actually, this year we are going to FW's Chip & Dale sing-a-long since you reported your kid's enjoyed it so much! We are looking forward to the s'mores & the atmosphere of the Fort. I figure something different that involves characters. Anyway,time to get caught up!! Oh & we are leaning towards DCL for Nov 2013. We have never done DCL,so this should be informational! But WDW is on the books for this year!! Woo Woo!!!! Can't wait to read on.....

Hi there! So glad you joined in! And ohhhhhh....I'm jealous! Love FW campgrounds!!! Characters for free always works for me:thumbsup2 And keep leaning towards that cruise...it's such a great way to spend a Disney vacation...very different than WDW, of course, but just as much fun.

Now that all my wifely duties are in order, I just got caught up on ur TR!! You have me wanting to add BB to our itinerary!!THat lazy river looks....:cloud9:or maybe it's the donuts.:lmao: My DH would LOVE those donuts w/ raspberry sauce. I didn't book BB since we are staying @ AOA & SSR,in Nov,weather might not be warm enough & we want Resort time. [afterall this will be our 1st Deluxe experience!!!] Anyways.... you have me missing WDW water parks big time right now!! But excited as can be for vaca!!!:woohoo:

:
Hi there! So glad you joined in! And ohhhhhh....I'm jealous! Love FW campgrounds!!! Characters for free always works for me:thumbsup2 And keep leaning towards that cruise...it's such a great way to spend a Disney vacation...very different than WDW, of course, but just as much fun.

I can't wait to hear where all you went on your cruise& just ALL the details!!!! I hear the Dream is off the hook!!!

The BB installments are so much fun! What a comprehensive look and description of each ride:thumbsup2. You and your dad make a great team;)

I'm intrigued by the donuts... Are they mini donuts or donut holes? I couldn't quite tell from the photo of Faith holding one up and yours and your mom's buckets are, ummm, empty:rolleyes1. I love a Krispy Kreme (or four:rolleyes:), are they comparable to that? Are they waterproof?

Stephen had to hold his flip flops on the way down so I'm giving him a higher degree of difficulty for that maneuver - all TENS!

Enjoying it so far!

Thanks a million! and :welcome:

Now that all my wifely duties are in order, I just got caught up on ur TR!! You have me wanting to add BB to our itinerary!!THat lazy river looks....:cloud9:or maybe it's the donuts.:lmao: My DH would LOVE those donuts w/ raspberry sauce. I didn't book BB since we are staying @ AOA & SSR,in Nov,weather might not be warm enough & we want Resort time. [afterall this will be our 1st Deluxe experience!!!] Anyways.... you have me missing WDW water parks big time right now!! But excited as can be for vaca!!!:woohoo:

Don't blame you for being a little leery of BB in November. Ya never know in FL...could be hot, could be cool. And if you're like me, I HATE being in a cold bathing suit.

I bet you're excited about the deluxe resort...it won't disappoint! But be careful...you may get spoiled;) What made you choose SSR? Just curious :teeth:

The BB installments are so much fun! What a comprehensive look and description of each ride:thumbsup2. You and your dad make a great team;)

Thanks...I think we do, too. He has lots of camera knowledge...how it works, the settings, etc. I'm not as knowledgeable in that area, but I'm fairly decent with the creative side of photographs.

I'm intrigued by the donuts... Are they mini donuts or donut holes? I couldn't quite tell from the photo of Faith holding one up and yours and your mom's buckets are, ummm, empty:rolleyes1. I love a Krispy Kreme (or four:rolleyes:), are they comparable to that? Are they waterproof?

Mini donuts...and Krispy Kremes are the best!!!!! However....these donuts give KK a run for their money...no lie. They aren't as light as a KK...more cakelike.

Stephen had to hold his flip flops on the way down so I'm giving him a higher degree of difficulty for that maneuver - all TENS!

Would you believe I forgot to take them from him!?? I felt terrible! He was so excited to jump on the chairlift that we didn't even think about it. I thought for sure we would be purchasing another pair....but then he appears with flops in hand:thumbsup2

I loved the review of BB as it has been over 14 years since I have been to one of the water parks. Might be something we try to fit in when we go in November.

Can you tell me how you made the AG Minnie Ears? I would love to try to make some for my girls' dolls as I am sure they will be making the trip to Disney with us. Did you a AG size headband or just attach to a ribbon?

Thanks!

Day 3
Blizzard Beach Part 3

Where did we leave off??? I believe we were relaxing on the lazy river….a place that the kids absolutely loved!!! They begged us to go around the entire river….you can see how long it is from the map….

disney-world-blizzard-beach-map.jpg

While floating around, Stephen was still steadily talking about his adventure on Summit Plummet….reminding all of us that we were too scared to try….

DSC00541.jpg

At some point we did eat lunch, but guess what??? No pictures! :confused3 We had a good lunch at Lottawatta Lodge.

Lottawatta Lodge is designed like a ski lodge.

Cuisine: American

Price Range: $14.99 and under

Pizzas, salads, sandwiches, hot dogs and burgers are served. Veggie burgers are available upon request. Actually, the burgers were pretty good.

I snagged this pic from the internet…forgot to get one. We didn’t get in the wave pool. It was super crowded after lunch, and quite frankly I was a little nervous about allowing Jesse and Faith to get in with so many people.

0614ZY_2539GD.jpg

Faith, Jesse and I ventured over to Tike’s Peak….(snagged this pic, too:rolleyes1)

Tikes20Peak20DSC00086.jpg

Tike's Peak offers tots their own watery play area. A snow-castle fountain, pop-up water jets and kid-sized slides make this shallow water area a perfect place to play for little ones who are less than 48 inches tall. We didn’t stay long…..super crowded with really little kids. Faith and Jesse played for a short while but then were bored.

So….we headed over to….

DSC00590.jpg

This is where Stephen was hanging out….having a ball, too! And check out this sign. I had to read it twice...very funny.

DSC00589.jpg

There was LOTS to do in this area…. a variety of fun, water activities designed for big kids and preteens who are too old for the little ones area but not quite ready for the bigger waterslides.

Actually, mom and I even went down some of the waterslides….they were fun in a kid sort of way.

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

Pop hung out in the pool snapping photos and keeping cool!

DSC00562.jpg

This will probably shock all of you, but we lost Jesse:rolleyes1 …or shall I rephrase that…he wandered off for a brief period of time while we were at Ski Patrol Training Camp. I found him merrily sliding down one of the waterslides.

DSC00575.jpg

After a stern talking to (not that it works) we tackled the ropes…Jesse was a little short, so he just jumped from iceberg to iceberg.

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

We were all getting a little tired…well….the adults, not children. And it looked like the clouds were really starting to move in quickly. Everyone decided that we would do Teamboat Springs one last time.

DSC00592.jpg

Pop captured some really cool shots at the top! You could see for miles!!!

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

And then when we arrived at the very top…he made this!

DSC00594.jpg

Notice the clouds in the background!!! I’m thinking it’s gonna be bad….

DSC00597.jpg

It was time to high-tail it back to AKL before the bottom let out! We quickly grabbed our stuff from the lockers and headed towards the buses…

DSC_5842.jpg

A final good-bye to Blizzard Beach….a GREAT day…well worth every cent and every step climbed! My legs are sure to be sore tomorrow!:sad2:

DSC00607.jpg

Up next….an AKL evening, then dinner at Jiko!

I'm subbing in! Great report so far :thumbsup2 I read your other reports and love the food reviews as well!
I've never been to BB (TL a long time ago, that was fun!) it looks awesome, and yay for your son going thru with Summit Plummet, I would totally run the other way :rotfl: can't wait to read more!

I'm subbing in! Great report so far :thumbsup2 I read your other reports and love the food reviews as well!
I've never been to BB (TL a long time ago, that was fun!) it looks awesome, and yay for your son going thru with Summit Plummet, I would totally run the other way :rotfl: can't wait to read more!

Hi there! :wave: And congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!! Are y'all going to honeymoon in Disney?

What a great day at Blizzard Beach! :thumbsup2 Jesse is so adorable trying to reach the ropes! :rotfl: I can't wait to hear how you liked Jiko. We tried Boma, and I wasn't a HUGE fan, but it wasn't horrible! I just probably wouldn't do it again! :lmao: Although, my mom liked it!

My kids love Blizzard Beach !!! We love Teamboat Springs and think it is worth the 300 steps it takes to get there. Yes, I counted. Looks like you had a great time !!! I enjoyed the pictures Pop took from way up high.

I bet you're excited about the deluxe resort...it won't disappoint! But be careful...you may get spoiled;) What made you choose SSR? Just curious :teeth:

Well, it picked us really.WE did David's DVC. Our 1st choice was CR or AKL CL:thumbsup2 either of them would have been nice for 3 nights. 7 months in advance they were sold out for our dates!!:headache: However, we got an extra night @ SSR for the same amont of $. :woohoo:So we jumped @ it & love DTD so the boat across will be nice. Oh...& the pool is rated highly in unofficial guide. :woohoo:[again, hope we get "pool"weather] All in all I'm used to mod & value so I'm sure we'll LOVE it. Then next time,if we like David's we'll book a year ahead for a week!!:woohoo:

Pics look so cute!!! I'd a been a mess if my DS2 was missing for a sec!!![can't wait for that in the future] But OMGosh your kids are soo cute!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter