3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

I'm such a Disney sap, like I have tears in my eyes at reading how great the cast members were for you:love:! I second the cute 'non-park-day' shoes - Born? Anyway, great update, I am studying some photography and love the camera setting on the choc. chip cookie!:thumbsup2

Sweet, sweet Jesse and the solo trip to find the TV - adorable!;)

Can't wait for more! :yay:

Wow - I can't get over how beautiful Sanaa is. I am so loving all these AKL/Kidani pics. Makes that "special offer" DVC email I just got for AKV look even more tempting. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

What great CM experiences you have been having too. Love that! :lovestruc

Oh, holy heck, Sanaa looks amazing. Love the food, love the ambiance, the window seat you guys got. Just looks awesome.

And I'm cracking up at how Faith ordered the special drinks herself. :rotfl:

I'm such a Disney sap, like I have tears in my eyes at reading how great the cast members were for you:love:! I second the cute 'non-park-day' shoes - Born? Anyway, great update, I am studying some photography and love the camera setting on the choc. chip cookie!:thumbsup2

Sweet, sweet Jesse and the solo trip to find the TV - adorable!;)

Can't wait for more! :yay:

I always cry at Disney....usually at Wishes. The music alone, gets to me. Ok...I'm :rotfl: at you....Born? Nope, but love that brand.....NineWest. The outlets always have buy-one, get-one half-off...it's a no-brainer, right;)

Wow - I can't get over how beautiful Sanaa is. I am so loving all these AKL/Kidani pics. Makes that "special offer" DVC email I just got for AKV look even more tempting. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

What great CM experiences you have been having too. Love that! :lovestruc

It's a sign!!!! BOOK IT!!!! :laughing: Hurry before the offer expires!

Oh, holy heck, Sanaa looks amazing. Love the food, love the ambiance, the window seat you guys got. Just looks awesome.

And I'm cracking up at how Faith ordered the special drinks herself. :rotfl:

Faith is our very independent, take it upon herself, drama queen, fashion inspired 6 year old:upsidedow....never a dull moment.

I had to laugh when you were talking about having small children & bathroom breaks at restaurants. These days, I'm lucky if Reid only has to go once while we're at a restaurant. :sad2: But, that bathroom is very pretty!

It certainly sounds like AKL & Sanaa have some of the best CM's around. Especially when it comes to kids!

I had to laugh when you were talking about having small children & bathroom breaks at restaurants. These days, I'm lucky if Reid only has to go once while we're at a restaurant. :sad2: But, that bathroom is very pretty!

It certainly sounds like AKL & Sanaa have some of the best CM's around. Especially when it comes to kids!

It's nice when the kids are big enough to go by themselves! Faith is getting to the point where I'll let here go alone if I can see the restroom....so much easier! Not sure when Jesse will be allowed to go by himself!! The Wanderer may never return:rolleyes:

Oh Heather! Jesse taking off would've freaked me out...my DD6 does that. And then she is like"WHAT? I am right here" :headache:

Loving the ice cream cookie dessert...YUM!!!!!!

Great pics. During our Saana dinner one time we arrived a bit early to explore too, we thought it was pretty, but. Ot as nice as Uzima pool. But the kids splash area was amazing.

Kook, I didn't notice much shade if memory serves. Not much foliage.

We got excited about the washrooms too, lol! They are beautiful. We have another ADR for lunch next month, and I'll have to look for the hidden Mickey now!

I finally caught up!! And the food pictures.........I don't like rice pudding either but the way it was presented makes me want to try it :lmao:

Love that pixie dust from the CMs at the host stand. It's always nice to see CMs putting a smile on someone's face :goodvibes

Can't wait for more!

Oh Heather! Jesse taking off would've freaked me out...my DD6 does that. And then she is like"WHAT? I am right here" :headache:

Loving the ice cream cookie dessert...YUM!!!!!!

OMG....the whole "What?? I'm here!" is all too familiar:rolleyes: Like it's our fault for worrying! Kids!!!.....they keep us young;)

Great pics. During our Saana dinner one time we arrived a bit early to explore too, we thought it was pretty, but. Ot as nice as Uzima pool. But the kids splash area was amazing.

We got excited about the washrooms too, lol! They are beautiful. We have another ADR for lunch next month, and I'll have to look for the hidden Mickey now!

Your new job....to locate the Hidden Mickey in the restroom and report back with a picture!!!! No excuses :laughing:

I finally caught up!! And the food pictures.........I don't like rice pudding either but the way it was presented makes me want to try it :lmao:

Love that pixie dust from the CMs at the host stand. It's always nice to see CMs putting a smile on someone's face :goodvibes

Can't wait for more!

You should be all too familiar with this;)

That kids' dessert looks really good! It is nice for them to have different choices.

Cool bathrooms! My DD probably would have had to go 6 times since it was nice looking. :rotfl:

What great CMs! They really seem to go above and beyond even normal Disney
CMs, what a great experience.

:scared1: Jessie wondering off! I would have freaked out!

I like rice pudding, so now I want to try it so I can give my "expert" opinion. haha It was presented nicely, that's for sure.

Do you think it's bad if I go for lunch and just order the bread sampler and rice pudding? I guess I can get veggies in the CL later......

Hmm, those pics of you in the pool look like you did, as my brother calls it, the 'mum swim' where you keep your head out of the water to keep your hair dry! I did that last Sunday during my youngest DD's swimming lesson! I tried explaining to him that it is difficult enough getting the kids and yourself dressed without having to re-do hair!!:rotfl2:

Really good updates, I hadn't realised I had gotten so far behind. Brings back lots of happy memories of Kidani.

That kids' dessert looks really good! It is nice for them to have different choices.

Cool bathrooms! My DD probably would have had to go 6 times since it was nice looking. :rotfl:

What great CMs! They really seem to go above and beyond even normal Disney
CMs, what a great experience.

:scared1: Jessie wondering off! I would have freaked out!

I'm telling ya....I know I keep harping on the wonderful hospitality that was shown by the CMs, but it just really impressed me.

We used to freak out when he wandered off.....but now it's just part of life:rolleyes: We're use to it.

I like rice pudding, so now I want to try it so I can give my "expert" opinion. haha It was presented nicely, that's for sure.

Do you think it's bad if I go for lunch and just order the bread sampler and rice pudding? I guess I can get veggies in the CL later......

Are you kidding me??! Why not!!?? I told you I could have made a meal on the bread alone!!

Young, eh? Then why do I have all these grey hairs...:rotfl:

Pas....there's something that will take care of those, ya know?! And then no one will be the wiser;)

Hmm, those pics of you in the pool look like you did, as my brother calls it, the 'mum swim' where you keep your head out of the water to keep your hair dry! I did that last Sunday during my youngest DD's swimming lesson! I tried explaining to him that it is difficult enough getting the kids and yourself dressed without having to re-do hair!!:rotfl2:

Really good updates, I hadn't realised I had gotten so far behind. Brings back lots of happy memories of Kidani.

:rotfl: How did you know???!! That obvious, huh?! When I read that, I laughed out loud...my kids always ask if I'm going to get my hair wet.

A little birdy named Kook said there was a Hidden Mickey in the stall…..but unfortunately we don’t have a picture. We missed that one!
which one…

Sorry the ladies did not have their eyes open for the HM. It is not listed in t he HM book we have - Edition #4:confused: Guess we will have to return and check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2
Oh, oh, I need to set the record straight. This is what I actually posted:

I'm looking forward to your Kidani installment. We loved Sanaa and weren't the views amazing? DD loved the bathroom just outside Sanaa so much she made me take pictures of it - so if you need one, let me know. (What am I talking about, you probably took some of a Hidden Mickey in the stall:rolleyes1)

I didn't see a HM in there, but I figured if anyone had, it would be our eagle-eyed Heather.

Love the picture! :lmao: so glad there are other wackos out there like us...pictures in a restroom! And Sneakasaurus would be putting it mildly. My parents and sister can confirm this....true.

We didn't venture far enough around the pool to see the other side....people were staring at us and I felt like we were trespassing or something. The lounge chairs were pretty full from where we were standing....I don't remember looking for any shaded areas, so I can't say if there were or were not. It just looked much smaller than the Uzima pool. This is going to sound crazy, but I went online to view some other photos of the area, and the pool looked great! Of course there were no people in the pictures....but I started thinking,...good grief...did we go to the right pool...maybe there are 2. I know...crazy.
Sorry, not crazy, been there, done that. Thank you for trying to answer my question, but, umm, there's been a little ticker modification:rolleyes1

Please see my post above - no stall HM (that I know of). The not-much-shade-and-foliage isn't a problem - since I switched to YC/CL:rolleyes:

Hmm, those pics of you in the pool look like you did, as my brother calls it, the 'mum swim' where you keep your head out of the water to keep your hair dry!
Heather always looks picture perfect. Do you think she airbrushed her cute, non-park shoes out of that photo?

Oh, oh, I need to set the record straight. This is what I actually posted:

I'm looking forward to your Kidani installment. We loved Sanaa and weren't the views amazing? DD loved the bathroom just outside Sanaa so much she made me take pictures of it - so if you need one, let me know. (What am I talking about, you probably took some of a Hidden Mickey in the stall:rolleyes1)

I didn't see a HM in there, but I figured if anyone had, it would be our eagle-eyed Heather.

:rotfl: so there's no Hidden Mickey....that's how rumors get started when people like dad and me don't read carefully!! :rolleyes1 That's funny!

Sorry, not crazy, been there, done that. Thank you for trying to answer my question, but, umm, there's been a little ticker modification:rolleyes1
The not-much-shade-and-foliage isn't a problem - since I switched to YC/CL:rolleyes:

HA!!!! I knew it would happen!!!! You're too predictable...I could read between the lines.........but are you REALLY happy with YC??popcorn::

Do you think she airbrushed her cute, non-park shoes out of that photo?

Funny, you are.......you didn't see them under my lounge chair?????

Day 2
The Cultural Safari

After a very satisfying lunch, Faith and I needed a short nap. The boys however wanted to go to the pool, so the grandparents were happy to take them….kind of....I think.

Stephen and Jesse were just in time for games by the pool! Basically some brave kid sits underneath a balloon full of water. The other child throws a ball and aims for the target…..if hit……SPLAT!!

IMG_7235.jpg

Jesse decided to give it a try….

IMG_7227.jpg

Finally, Stephen was in the hot seat!!!

IMG_7243.jpg

SPLAT!!! They got him!

IMG_7244.jpg

Drenched!!!!....and he loved every minute of it!

IMG_7246.jpg

The pool fun had to end because it was time for a light dinner in the lounge….they had to head up to the room and get ready. While Faith was napping, MaHopie bought Sophia her very own Minnie Mouse….(Sophia went everywhere with us at AKL) Jesse even talks to her as if she's real??!!

IMAG0367.jpg

On our way to the lounge, I had to get a picture of this…..my sons are certainly following my lead when it comes to loving Disney…..makes a mom so proud!!

IMAG0369.jpg

In a couple of years, Stephen will die when I pull this out and show all of his friends....especially the girlfriend!

Jesse thought Mickey needed to wear swimming goggles….another stuffed animal that we toted around the resort!

IMAG0368.jpg

After dinner (which was very good), we wanted to attend the Cultural Safari.

DSC_5768.jpg

When I was chatting with the two cast members by the pool earlier in the day, they told me about this. Every night, there is a 30-40 minute presentation about a cast member’s native homeland in the Sunset Lounge (located in the main lobby over to the left). I believe it started around 7:30pm. We were there early (imagine that) and looked around at all the pictures and artifacts….very cool. Even if you don’t want to listen to the presentation, I would recommend going in there just to take a glimpse.

DSC_5773.jpg

We also made our way out to the balcony to look at the animals. It’s not one of the better observation look outs but was fine while we waited.

You can see why this isn’t a prime spot for viewing animals….not a very attractive view. This was looking over to the left of the balcony.

DSC_5770.jpg

This was looking over to the right…

DSC_5769.jpg

Back inside, Faith and Sophia took a seat to get ready for the presentation.

DSC_5772.jpg

Before the presentation began, they set up several visuals....needless to say, Jesse had his eyes on them the whole time wanting so badly to touch…. “Can I just touch one???” ....he only asked that question 20 times before he finally gave up.

DSC_5776.jpg

Our cast member from South Africa began telling us a little about the currency, a few customs and then the animals…wish I could remember his name…..nice guy.

DSC_5777.jpg

The information he presented was REALLY super interesting! I wasn’t sure that Jesse would make it through, but it was no problem at all. Our guide told us about the Big 5 in Africa. Does anyone know what I’m talking about??

untitled.png

He explained why each animal was part of the Big 5 and gave great facts about the animal....lots of stuff I didn't know. The presentation was very interactive…he asked questions that the kids could answer. After it was over, Stephen had multiple questions for our guide. And he was more than happy to answer all of them....very cool to hear about other people's culture and country.

DSC_5779.jpg

I can only imagine what’s going on in Jesse’s head!

DSC_5774.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

The kids were allowed to pick up the items…I’m fairly certain that some of them were molds....still awesome, though.

Elephant tooth…

DSC00428.jpg

Leopard skull…

DSC00427.jpg

After a great information session, we were eagerly anticipating dessert in the lounge. Stephen thought it would be hysterical if he captured pictures of us wearing Jesse’s silly hat…....just hilarious, right?!

So....why not make the picture even more ridiculous with some Photobucket enhancements????.....

IMG_7282.jpg

Dumb & Dumber....(anyone remember that movie)

IMG_7286.jpg

Once again, Mousekeeping did an excellent job with turndown service! The kids looked forward to seeing what "Mickey" had done to the room....

IMG_7301.jpg

DSC_5794.jpg

Up next….Blizzard Beach!

Thanks for sharing about the Cultural Safari, I had no idea that they did this. How did Jesse do during it? I'm wondering if my 3 year old would be entertained enough to at least be quiet so the rest of us could enjoy it.:confused3 How long was the presentation? Yes I know I'm full of questions...

Love Sophia! My oldest has Kit and she is pretty much a third child at this point, she even makes crafts for me! :rotfl2:

Christine

I am loving how kid-friendly & educational the AKL really is! That cultural presentation is fantastic! I think I have definitely decided that we will have to try out AKL once Reid is a tad bit older.

It's nice when the kids are big enough to go by themselves! Faith is getting to the point where I'll let here go alone if I can see the restroom....so much easier! Not sure when Jesse will be allowed to go by himself!! The Wanderer may never return:rolleyes:

:rotfl: Before letting him go on his own, you may want to have a GPS chip implanted in his arm. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter