3 days in LA, 6 days in Disneyland and 1 Amazing Cast Member Photo bomb!-update 3-9x2

I'm reading along, thanks for writing...:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more...popcorn::

KIM

Hi, Kim! Thanks for reading! Thank you for letting me know you are following along! Hearing from readers definately keeps me on my toes! DYING to get to the "good stuff" so keep following along!! :)

Following along~ and have to compliment you on the Matilda Jane Bluebird! Mine will be packed for DL too! :cutie:

I should have known a MJC girl would find me!! LOVE this dress! I was very lucky to have a friend that is a "retired" TK move and want to unload all her "vintage" MJ samples! Thanks for reading!! :)

Wow! That would be really cool to see! I'm definitely adding that to the list of things to see the next time we are in California.

Sunday July 14-Day 3-Part 3 Beverly Hills and the rest of the day….

(A side note: I SWEAR I posted this update last week. I am guessing it is just on some random thread.... :rotfl: )

We raced down to Beverly Hills with the hopes of getting on the 2:00PM trolley tour. I discovered this on the City of Beverly Hills website. It is run by the city so will NOT get the same dirt on homeowners, etc…that a TMZ tour might give….BUT you also don’t pay that price! This 45 minute tour was $5 per adult and Lucy was $1! Talk about a bargain! I didn’t take many pictures and spent a lot of time trying to keep Olivia from falling asleep but overall it was a great value and good time!

After the tour we walked around a bit (and found a couple of notable spots for my RHOBH obsession).

ONLY in Beverly Hills (or at least I hope so!)

I had then planned to go to Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills (although the GPS took us to somewhere else so it was a bit of a fiasco….we ultimately ended up in the right spot). On the way we spotted this guy hoping to get rescued!

After Greystone we went to a few shops on Melrose Blvd. that I had been dying to go to and then stopped for “dinner” at Starbucks. 

After Starbucks we headed back towards our house in Los Feliz with a “quick” grocery stop at Trader Joes! (CRAZY BUSY! But so many more products than in OHIO!!). Kinda cool graffiti we saw on the way..

Back at the house we had TJ snacks (I went on a “run”…which I say in quotes because the hills were crazy and totally un-run able!!). Everyone was asleep by 10:30. Next morning was our WB tour….

I had no idea a section of the Berlin Wall was in CA. How cool! Enjoying your updates :thumbsup2

It was a very cool find! I can't believe I didn't read anything about it beforehand...but now that I think about it that might have been what made it such a "cool find". :)

Wow! That would be really cool to see! I'm definitely adding that to the list of things to see the next time we are in California.

Definitely worth a stop if you can! Seems like it would be close to other things you could be doing!!

Fun report. :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading! It was an amazing trip and it is so fun to share it!!

Monday July 15-Day 4-Part 1 Warner Brothers Studio Tour

Before I get going I just wanted to say you may want to skip this update if you plan to on the tour and don’t want to hear any spoilers. I know one set that we went on was talked about by our guide as a big surprise but I already knew about it (from other Dis reports) and I too will mention it. SO you have been warned!
We were up by 6:00am and out of the house by 8:00. Our tour reservation was at 9 and we were unsure of traffic. Thankfully we ended up having plenty of time and actually checked in early enough that we were able to get on the 8:45 tour!

Important note: at the check in gift shop area there is a Starbucks! SO if you are running late to make your tour this will be helpful!
OK…so let me say we don’t really watch movies (except Disney ones….heck…a few weeks ago Aaron and I watched Tangled on a Friday night without any kids) and we also watch VERY minimal TV. Really I am mostly a reality junkie and don’t watch much else. SO…while this tour was fun and we all had a good time….I have A LOT of pictures of buildings, etc. that I am sure are recognizable to many but 2 months later I have NO idea what show/movie they came from.
The tour started with a short movie to remind us how awesome Warner Brothers is.

Then we broke up into smaller groups and got on our tram with our guide. We had Ashley. I would say she did a good job, not amazing but good. Our group was kind of quiet so she might have been better had she had a more talkative crowd. In the beginning she asked what shows people watch. During this time be sure to speak up because I really felt she tailored the tour to the few people that did (we saw lots of Pretty Little Liars stuff).
This outdoor lake scene has been in tons of films/movies and the lake actually drains out. If there are woods in a show/movie then it was probably shot here.

Pretty Little Liars High School?

We stopped and went inside a small car museum. Maybe 10-15 cars.

Ashley also gave us the cheesy photo op in front of the green screen. We went first (she posed us) then after us she asked who was next and no one else did it. Awkward moment. LOL (the picture was $5…great souvenir!!).

(a picture of the picture)

We drove around some more. Then we went on 2 sets. Surborgartory (never even heard of but we actually got to walk through parts of the house which was cool) and Big Bang Theory (don’t watch but I don’t live that much under a rock so I do know of the show). I don't have any pictures of these so I am guessing we had to leave our cameras behind.

We also visited a prop area and the TOP SECRET saved Friends set.

The last building we went in was the costume museum that didn’t allow cameras. And they were watching like crazy!
The pet shop from Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure was one of the last we saw and finally something I could relate too!

The touring ended around 11. I think we all enjoyed the tour even though we aren’t really TV/movie buffs. I am sure you would get more out of it if you were but overall it was great to see all the behind the scenes stuff!

Next we add some Disney into our day!!

I SOO wanted to do the WB tour but my kids are to little :(

That is a bummer but I will say that Lucy (who was 9.5) was bored through a lot of it. She was old enough to behave herself but wasn't that impressed. They should do a shorter family tour for families with younger children!

Ooh that looks fun!!

It was. I really stressed about the price and couldn't make up my mind but was ultimately something I was very happy we did!!

Monday July 15, Day 4-Part 2. A very Disney lunch!
After the tour we HAD to at least snoop around the Disney Studios….I couldn’t be this close and not go. And by close I mean close. We drove but I bet we could have walked. Anyways we stood out front like pathetic stalkers and took pictures.

Seriously Love. LOVE this building!

Next we were headed down to the Hollywood and Highland (walk of fame) area. Lunch was on our mind and I already knew that the Disney Soda Fountain would be our destination.
It was smaller than I remembered but luckily not busy so we were seated right away.

The girls both got grilled cheese, Aaron had some sort of turkey sandwich and I went with the spaghetti minus meatballs.

The pictures kind of say it all….not the best meal but really it served the purpose to get us to what we really wanted:
Lucy got the super awesomely adorable Monsters U sundae

Aaron the Black and White

And Olivia scored an awesome pin with the Pin Trader Sundae!

(I was holding out for Starbucks!)
After we ate we shopped around. Lucy and I decided we need souvenirs (Olivia got her pin already). We ended up with a Monsters U Barbie doll and this awesome amazing shirt for me!!

Next….we step out of the Disney bubble and into Hollywood!

We liked the Soda Fountain too. I bet you're double-glad you went (and got the T-shirt) before they change it to a Ghirardelli this fall. Not that I don't like Ghirardelli, but the soda fountain was unique and fun!

PHXscuba

We liked the Soda Fountain too. I bet you're double-glad you went (and got the T-shirt) before they change it to a Ghirardelli this fall. Not that I don't like Ghirardelli, but the soda fountain was unique and fun!

PHXscuba

Yes! Very glad we went....even though we also love Ghirardelli. You could tell it needed updating but it is sad to see it change too. It was kind of junkie in a cute early 90s way. I do wish I had bought a few more merchandise items (is that changing?) but oh well....

Wanted to drop in and let any readers I might still have ;) know that I am working on an update and should have it up tomorrow. I can't even say that life got in the way...I just got out of the habit of posting but I am determined to finish this up. Especially because I need to move back to a WDW frame of mind since we are booking our end of May 2014 trip this week!!:cheer2:

Monday, July 15, Day 4-Part 3 Madame Tussauds
After lunch we walked a block or so of Hollywood Blvd to check out the stars (and the “characters”).

We ended at our next destination, Madame Tussauds. Let me say…be sure your phones, cameras, etc. are charged. We took LOADS of pictures here….LOADS. (Bet you can see who the actress is in the family!)

Had to get a picture of my Lucy with THE Lucy

If she only knew....

We were finished with our celebrity pictures about 2 hours later. They must have known I would be exhausted at the end because a Starbucks was right there! After I got my pick me up we walked around the Hollywood and Highland shopping area for about an hour. We spent forever in the candy store there.

This was SO FUNNY to me and I was very disappointed that it was out of order!

As if we hadn't had enough photo ops....there was one last one!

At this point we were all pretty tired so we decided to go back to our hotel…stopping first at Souplantation for dinner (no pictures since we all ate nearly the same foods as the prior trip) and the store for some laundry and food supplies. The quicker we got to sleep the quicker morning would come and our return to Disneyland!!!

Loving your TR - we're there next week, including a lot of the places you've mentioned already. Thank you :)

Those was museum pics are priceless!!!! Can't wait to hear about disneyland

It was hard to narrow the pictures down....they were all great fun! Getting close to the Disneyland portion of the trip....it might take me forever but I will get to it!

Loving your TR - we're there next week, including a lot of the places you've mentioned already. Thank you :)

Thanks for reading! I hope your trip was magical!!

Tuesday July 16-Day 5-Part 1 Let’s just head to Disneyland!
We woke up around 7….today was the day we were checking out and moving on to Anaheim! After packing up we were on the road around 10. We were unsure of where we were going but wanted to start at the Frank Lloyd Wright Hollyhock house that we had seen just blocks from our apartment. I knew it was under construction but was hoping to get some peaks anyways. Unfortunately there really wasn’t much to see but the view of the observatory wasn’t bad.

We then had to make the decision to head to the Getty Museum (about the only thing in the LA area that was on my list that we hadn’t gotten to) OR just skip it and get to Disneyland. Once I uttered the magic words “We could have lunch at Earl of Sandwich”…it was no question. We were on our way!
We arrived at Paradise Pier at 12:30. Our bellhop was really awesome and we were checked in in no time!!

Cute room with daybed (w/Olivia...and her signed picture from Tink for graduation)!!

Our "standard" room had a pool view

LOVED the CA view from the hallway

We got settled quickly and hit Downtown Disney. As promised we made our way to Earl of Sandwich (it was our only visit there….sadly).

The girls ordered grilled cheese and soup:

Me....I got a veggie sandwich that wasn't on the menu:

Aaron...something turkey:

It was all delicious as usual!

We then spent the afternoon window shopping.

At one point Lucy and Olivia got a snack at Wetzel’s Pretzels.

We also explored the Disneyland Hotel which we just LOVED! Fingers crossed next trip!!

Beautiful flowers around their pool area!

Around 6 we made our way back to Paradise Pier where Lucy and Aaron swam and I arranged for some pizza delivery (Marri's based on a CM recommendation).

Pizza was too cheesy for our tastes:

salad was good:

At about 10am it was lights out since we had the alarm set for 4:55am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter