• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 days at mk too much?

I don't think three days is too much, per se, but I think you will find the kids LOVE epcot and that you'll be disappointed if all you have is a half day there. At toddler age, I actually found epcot better than MK.
I also think at least one night you should keep the kids out for one of the nighttime shows if you can swing it (Illuminations or Wishes, either one)

You can never have to many MK days.
However I could live there. I still get teary eyed every time I leave the park.

3 days is not too much at all. My experience is also that the MK is often quieter on party days because the MK closes early. We have 4 days booked in September and I purposely chose party days since we don't really need to see the nighttime shows this year.

My group (myself, my almost 3 year old, my mom, and a family friend) is doing three days at MK, two days at AK, and one day at EP (WITH the toddler - we have hoppers and some nights the adults will switch off going out!). We want to take it slow and really enjoy MK, so I'm excited to have so much time there!

No way is 3 MK days too many! :) We were there for 8 days in late November and ended up in MK at least four of those days with our park hoppers. I will add that this time around, our girls (one month shy of 3 years old & 7 years old) loved World Showcase. They did not think much of it our first trip. We ended up in World Showcase 3 times that trip. They loved the Kidcot stations and having their EPCOT passports stamped in each country, as well as the characters in each country. When they would tire, they'd jump up in the double stroller to cruise and we'd walk around enjoying the countries' beverages. ;)

Thanks! We decided to do 2 full days at MK, one full day at each of the other parks, 1 date night at F&W, and then our oldest will join us for our "date" night at MK. We may or may not hit up World Showcase with the kids, depending on how much time we spend at Epcot, but I think it will be a perfect amount of time!

I think my kids could go to MK (or EP) every single day of the vacation and never complain.

We are doing a 4 day trip and this is my current plan:

Day 1: Disney Springs/MVMCP
Day 2: Disney Wedding in morning, MK evening (with dinner at CRT)
Day 3: Late breakfast, 1-6pm in Animal Kingdom, then go to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours
Day 4: Hollywood Studios for first part of day, then back to MK for the evening.

I think it depends on the age of the kids. My boys are very active preschoolers and I know they're going to be most interested in the rides. I think MK will have the most for them, and also will be the most magical for their first trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter